Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Dr. Ken

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Dr. Ken »

Supposedly breitbart got it too.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Reality Check »

I am reading on Twitter that Trump released a copy of the search warrant with the FBI agents' names unredacted. It went to Breitbart.

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Reality Check wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:34 pm I am reading on Twitter that Trump released a copy of the search warrant with the FBI agents' names unredacted. It went to Breitbart.

Gee I wonder why exactly. He wants his followers to start targeting the agents.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Pro tip: Do not target FBI agents, not even for tfg. :?
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:37 pm :snippity:
Gee I wonder why exactly. He wants his followers to start targeting the agents.
Of course he does. This comes one day after the incident in Cincinnati. He is such and asshole.
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Did they find anything regarding Romana Didulo (or the death cert and/or bones of QEII)???????
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

As a lifelong knee-jerk urban leftist weenie, I have built an opinion, over the years, regarding the FBI. And while I think it's stupid, dangerous, and wrong to target individual agents, I cannot say that I'm experiencing a lot of sympathy for the organization. They have a very well-deserved reputation for dishonesty and fake evidence. I express no opinion about the agents in this incident, but it's going to be a rainy day in Hell before I trust the FBI.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

mojosapien wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:40 pm Did they find anything regarding Romana Didulo (or the death cert and/or bones of QEII)???????
i bet they found Melania’s Dildo, does that count?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

brain bleach

Espionage Act, honestly?

My day just got a little brighter. :biggrin:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://twitter. com/emptywheel/status/1558160747020132353
Boom.

The former President is under investigation for 793.

(And obstruction).
N/M, I should have refreshed the thread :bag:
bob

Post by bob »

The splashiest ticket being the Espionage Act (18 USC sec. 793).

The curious one being falsification/obstruction (18 USC sec. 1519).
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

18 U.S. Code § 793 - Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information

It's long, here's the text: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/793
much ado

Post by much ado »

Foggy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:45 pm As a lifelong knee-jerk urban leftist weenie, I have built an opinion, over the years, regarding the FBI. And while I think it's stupid, dangerous, and wrong to target individual agents, I cannot say that I'm experiencing a lot of sympathy for the organization. They have a very well-deserved reputation for dishonesty and fake evidence. I express no opinion about the agents in this incident, but it's going to be a rainy day in Hell before I trust the FBI.
Well, I hope there turns out to be a lot of independently developed information, outside of the FBI investigation. Perhaps even corroborating evidence from foreign countries.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Of course, it would take a two-thirds vote in the Senate to convic-- ...

No, wait.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

As to how he got the documents, probably something to do with the stooges he put in the Pentagon after he lost the election.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

18 U.S.C. 793 - Espionage Act. That's for willful/grossly negligent removal of information relating to the national defense.

18 U.S.C. 2017 and 18 U.S.C. 1519 - that's for concealing federal records.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Breitbart used their names in their story as well.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:38 pm Pro tip: Do not target FBI agents, not even for tfg. :?
Unlike IRS agents, they are armed and trained in shooting rather than accounting
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:02 pm
Foggy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:38 pm Pro tip: Do not target FBI agents, not even for tfg. :?
Unlike IRS agents, they are armed and trained in shooting rather than accounting
One of my sisters worked for the IRS as an agent. Her husband was an IRS Special Agent in the Criminal Investigation division. He was armed and knew how to use his weapon (and yes, he had an MBA).
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

bob wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:49 pm
The splashiest ticket being the Espionage Act (18 USC sec. 793).

The curious one being falsification/obstruction (18 USC sec. 1519).
These are much serious crimes than the jan 6 investigation. Can we just compound everything together?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

B8B50F66-4C39-4DC7-8EDE-6536CC9A5C20.jpeg
B8B50F66-4C39-4DC7-8EDE-6536CC9A5C20.jpeg (444.66 KiB) Viewed 401 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

BREITBART has live updates.
UPDATE 2:25 p.m. ET:

Attachment B to the warrant delineates the three statutes which agents are pursuing evidence under. They are: 18 U.S.C. § § 793, 2071, and 1519.

UPDATE 2:34 p.m. ET:

Attachment A to the warrant delineates where the agents can search and where they cannot at Mar-a-Lago. Specifically, it says that agents could search the “45 Office,” and “all storage rooms, and all other rooms or areas within the premises used or available to be used by” the former President of the United States [the document uses the abbreviation FPOTUS] “and his staff and in which boxes or documents could be stored, including all structures or buildings on the estate.” This attachment does however said agents are not authorized to search areas “currently (i.e., at the time of the search) being occupied, rented, or used by third parties (such as Mar-a-Lago members) and not otherwise used or available to be used by FPOTUS and his staff, such as private guest suites.”

UPDATE 2:37 p.m. ET:

Further fleshing out Attachment B, which contains the most information about the goals and intent of the DOJ and FBI at this stage of any document short of the as-of-now-still-unavailable affidavit, what it does is list three criminal statutes under which items are to be searched and seized. They are: 18 U.S.C. section 793, which deals with defense information; 18 U.S.C. section 1519, which deals with destroying federal documents; and 18 U.S.C. section 2071, which deals with concealing, removing, or damaging federal documents. The first statute is the one that has likely provoked media speculation about so-called “nuclear” documents: it applies to a broad range of defense “information,” from code books to ordinary photographs.
BREITBART Updates: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022 ... lago-raid/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”