Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by raison de arizona »

Off Topic
RVInit wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:20 pm There is nothing that can be done to stop Faux from putting out misinformation. But the kind of misinformation they have been putting out as of late are now costing people their lives.

I would love to see something like a Change.org demanding that all cable companies that offer packages remove Fox from their lineup until Fox removes the "News" from their logo. That is what I truly object to. Their programming director admits they are not "primarily a news" station. They are down to somewhere in the vicinity of 1-3 hours per day of actual "news" programming - which is programming that they actually CLAIM really is news.

I'd love to see someone who is eloquent with written language draw up a petition to drop Fox until such time that they drop the "news" from their description and logo. Either drop the channel, or drop from all packages and offer as an "add on" only so that only those who chose to deliberately choose them have to pay through the nose.

And I'm OK with CNN and other stations to be held to the highest standards that for any show that they are claiming is "NEWS" that is has to meet high standards for fact checking, fairness, and reliability.

It's the "Fox News" at the bottom of the screen that is misleading their viewers into believing they are hearing something that is akin to actual news.
It's bad enough in civilian life, what really scares me is the prevalence of Fox "News" in the military sphere.
:snippity: As to the seriousness of the problem, a former Marine has told the authors: "Right-wing society has captured the military . . . If you walk the Pentagon halls there will be not one TV tuned to anything but Fox." Another source told us that at their Air Force facility, Fox News is always blaring in common spaces during duty hours. Far from always being a service member's choice, the situation is often as at an airport lounge, where everyone is subjected to it like it or not.

Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin has spoken of the need to prevent political extremism in the military. Indeed, the high percentage of service members and veterans among the Capitol rioters is alarming. DOD's recently released Report on Countering Extremist Activity outlines efforts to screen and train service members and guard against extremist activity.

In view of the situation, it is puzzling that Pentagon leadership has not dealt forcefully with the omnipresence at military bases of a TV channel that not only whitewashes the January 6th insurrection, but spreads vaccine falsehoods posing a danger to the health and combat readiness of the military. :snippity:
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2022 ... g-fox-news
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by bob »

Reality Check wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:46 am I guess I am a bit of a skeptic on the nuclear documents story. It may very well be true but I will wait for confirmation from someone other than the WaPo.
:fingerwag: :

Dude totally did the nuke-theft thing.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Just spitballing, but I have to :think: about who moved those boxes. Can anyone even think tfg, who needed a golf cart when the rest of the world leaders walked that one time, could pack up those boxes, carry them into MAL and then down the stairs to the storage room? Someone had to help him, and wouldn't that person's fingerprints be on them? Is there some peon on the MAL staff that did it for him?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

And when trying to compare with this Hillary this should be remembered:

1. Her everyday normal day to day State department email address is the one she had forwarded to her personal email address, so she could see all her email in one place.

2. The government's CLASSIFIED email system is a closed domain. She, or anyone else for that matter, would NOT have been able to go into a SCIF, sign on to the classified email system, and then forward an email to Hillary Clinton's private email account. And she knew that. And every one who has a classified email address in the government knows that. She had NO reason whatsoever to ever believe that any actual classified information COULD have been sent to her personal email account because it is illegal for anyone knowingly to type classified information into any government email account except for an account inside the classified domain. I push back on the idea that her use of private email "put classified information at risk". THere should never have BEEN anything classified ever, in ANYONE's normal government email account.

3. How did a small amount of very low classified information end up in an email that she received? That was thoroughly investigated by the FBI and documented in a longer than 200 page PDF, and which used to be available on the FBI server, and I downloaded and read every single page. It has since been replaced (during the Trump administration) with a bunch of documents that don't tell you anything about the investigation, not written in prose, and doesn't make any sense. So, unless the Biden administration restored the original FBI report, which I highly recommend people to read, you can no longer get that document. Warning, if you read it, you will be even more angry at Comey's comments that he made on national TV because all you have to do is read page one of the FBI report where they talk about the closed classified email system and how it was never at any risk because of her email.

So, back to how did a small paragraph of classified info end up in one of her emails? The FBI interviewed the woman who typed it into an email. She did not work for the State Department or Hillary Clinton, she worked in some small federal department that I forget the name of. She had a printed document that had not been properly marked with any classification symbols. There was the equivalent of a copyright symbol on one page, but that didn't trigger anyone to believe it was classified. And that is how that document came to be printed and ended up as a printed document which she had in her office, not even knowing that it had confidential information in it. It was the lowest level of classified, and the words did not lead her to believe in any way it was classified. She placed the document on her desk, and then typed a single paragraph from that document into an email along with some questions for someone that was not Hillary Clinton. Hillary was not even one of the people she sent it to. As the thread grew and various people discussed whatever they discussed, eventually Hillary was copied on the email.

She did not at any time deliberately send classified information, and she certainly did not take printed classified documents to her home.

At least nobody has ever suspected she has done that. Until yesterday. I'm sure she's being accused of doing far worse than whatever will turn out to be the truth about this Trump situation.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

bob wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:26 pm
Reality Check wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:46 am I guess I am a bit of a skeptic on the nuclear documents story. It may very well be true but I will wait for confirmation from someone other than the WaPo.
:fingerwag: :

Dude totally did the nuke-theft thing.
So wait a minute. So the FBI didn't plant evidence contrary to what he claimed?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

RVInit, iirc, some of the classified info found in Hillary's emails was actually classified AFTER it had been emailed to her, was that the case? Or was it just the one email you mention?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I don't care if they're classified or at what level (mostly). They're government documents that should never have ended up in the private residence / hotel of a private citizen. For more than a year. And I suspect the reason he got away with removing them (and it wouldn't have been an "accidental whoops the movers took everything in the White House") was because THERE WASN'T A NORMAL TRANSITION PERIOD. Don't know for sure but spitballing that during a normal transition period like every other former administration has cooperated with it's worked out where stuff like this is and should be. And it shouldn't be anywhere that anyone can just pack it up and send it to someone's "home" (a hotel, basically).
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

trump and Co watched the raid via CCTV. So much for the "plant" story.

My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

According to multiple posts on the Bird site, there is an already leaked SCOTUS opinion maintaining that since there were no nuclear weapons at the time of the inception of the US Constitution, there can therefore be no prohibition against the president taking records of same. And further, that it doesn't make any difference because the 2nd amendment unequivocally guarantees the right to posses nuclear weapons anyway.

Also it is possible this is made up.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:55 am I would like to know who at the time was the mastermind behind removing these documents from the WH. Impotus was known to read little or anything during his residency. Which staffer disregarded security protocols and let those documents get removed?

Was it perhaps on the last day where impotus simpy requested that the content of the filing cabinets of the Oval Office be put in boxes? A random collection of last used papers? And impotus simply had them stashed together with the contents of the private WH wing in transit to MaL, FL? Transport of classified document by unchecked movers?
my wholly uninformed opinion is that they know EXACTLY who the missing documents were signed out to.

if he signed for them, he’s on the hook.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

If this goes to the indictment phase I do not think Trump will be alone.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Angry Staffer 🌻
@Angry_Staffer
Eleven sets of documents—some which were only legally permitted to be viewed in a SCIF—were recovered at Mar-a-Lago
Quote Tweet

Anthony DeRosa

@Anthony
· 14m
The list includes references to one set of documents marked as “Various classified/TS/SCI documents,” an abbreviation that refers to top-secret/sensitive compartmented information
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

De minimis!

Applies only to lower souls :twisted:
raison de arizona

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Absolutely, RV. Also, it was 2009, the State Dept had horrible technology (this was Blackberry era) and there were tons of problems accessing State Dept email remotely. HRC had innumerable foreign trips, there were times she couldn't access documents so they had to do workarounds (which Obama and others knew about). Many forget how different ecomms were in 2008-9.

Does anybody have a WSJ subscription? How did they get this already? Only the dotard would be able to drop it so far.

If this is what we're about to get at 3pm... I'm buying :popcorn: for everybody :P
FBI Recovered Eleven Sets of Classified Documents in Trump Search, Inventory Shows
Trump allies claim the former president declassified the documents recovered from Mar-a-Lago
Attorney General Merrick Garland in a briefing said the Department of Justice is asking a Florida judge to unseal the warrant FBI agents used to search former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate. Photo: Evelyn Hockstein/Reuters
By Alex Leary, Aruna Viswanatha and Sadie Gurman
Aug. 12, 2022 1:15 pm ET

FBI agents who searched former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home Monday removed 11 sets of classified documents, including some marked as top secret and meant to be only available in special government facilities, according to documents reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation agents took around 20 boxes of items, binders of photos, a handwritten note and the executive grant of clemency for Mr. Trump’s ally Roger Stone, a list of items removed from the property shows. Also included in the list was information about the “President of France,” according to the three-page list. The list is contained in a seven-page document that also includes the warrant to search the premises which was granted by a federal magistrate judge in Florida.
PAYWALL: https://www.wsj.com/articles/fbi-recove ... 1660324501

The new docket entries are mostly more requests to unseal:

Docket.JPG
Docket.JPG (195.19 KiB) Viewed 669 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

One of the tweets I saw commented that our foreign allies may be less willing to trust us if this is how top secret information they share with us is treated.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Guess this is in the WSJ article:
Keith Boykin @keithboykin 4m
Items Seized from Mar-a-Lago:
20 boxes of items
11 sets of classified documents
Top secret documents
Sensitive Compartmented documents
Binders of photos
Clemency order for Roger Stone
Information about the “President of France"
A handwritten note
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:03 pm One of the tweets I saw commented that our foreign allies may be less willing to trust us if this is how top secret information they share with us is treated.
Already happened when tfg gave up Israel to Russia.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

So, umm ... three o'clock, huh?
Katie Porter '28
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I am reading on Twitter that Trump released a copy of the search warrant with the FBI agents' names unredacted. It went to Breitbart.
bob

Post by bob »

The Federal Bureau of Investigation agents took around 20 boxes of items, binders of photos, a handwritten note and the executive grant of clemency for Mr. Trump’s ally Roger Stone, a list of items removed from the property shows. Also included in the list was information about the “President of France,” according to the three-page list.
The "President of France" stuff is so brand (a burn book for Melania's crush?), but what's the deal with Stone's clemency? So he can threaten to rip it up if Stone ever gets out of line?
Image ImageImage

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”