Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
chancery
Verified:

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by chancery »

Tom Nichols has an interesting guess:

It's horrible, prosecutable, an insane breach of security. But likely to be the product of the fact that Trump is an idiot and was grabbing everything he could on the way out the door. Which doesn't make it "not a crime." Huge crime.
There's more in his twitter feed
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Trump's Classified Docs: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Merrick Garland - GOP Madness, Fallou

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm not buying the "he accidentally mixed nuclear docs in with love letters from his minions" angle. He might be dumb as a box of rocks, but he's an idiot savant when it comes to scams.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
bob

Post by bob »

Perhaps I need to review the Rosenbergs' trial, but if the search is about such secret information, I'm wondering if there's some reluctance for criminal proceedings. Because trials are relatively open proceedings, and therefore a horrible place to discuss sensitive information.

And, yes, there are methods to attempt to control such information and limit public access. But in this particular instance, there will enormous political cost, which cannot be ignored.
Image ImageImage
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:18 am I'm not buying the "he accidentally mixed nuclear docs in with love letters from his minions" angle. He might be dumb as a box of rocks, but he's an idiot savant when it comes to scams.
This. It took him a YEAR to turn in 15 boxes. Then, they served a subpoena and got a handful more. Then, they had to execute a search warrant to get the rest, which sounds like it was possibly up to 2/3 the amount they already had collected from him. He was keeping these on purpose. And a jury would have to be utter idiots not to see those facts and come to that conclusion. Not that I believe there actually WILL be a jury.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

House Intel GOP had their own presser with Elise Stefanik and other idiots. Mike sez not all nuclear weapons documents are truly classified. :blackeye:
OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious
Clowns of the @HouseIntelGOP had a sick presser. #OH10's Mike Turner closed with: "There are a number of things that fall under the umbrella of #NuclearWeapons that are not truly classified". WHAT? #DangerousGOPExtremists #FBISearchWarrant #ClassifiedDocs

Meanwhile, Kurt & his peanut gallery will call for Defunding the FBI today when he guest hosts Seb Gorka's show:
OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 16m
#RememberInNovember GOP shows its true colors: #DefundTheFBI #DismantleTheFBI. They're against #BackTheBlue & protecting #NuclearSecrets. Kurt Schlichter: “Resolved: We must defund & dismantle the FBI.” Republicans are dangerous extremists. #VOTE #Midterms2022 #TrumpSearchWarrant

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Brian Kilmeade, filling in for Tucker Carlson tonight, shared a clearly fake, photoshopped image of the judge involved in approving the Mar-a-Lago warrant

I wish I could say this was a "new" low for
@FoxNews
. Truly incredible. They photo-shopped a government exhibit (photo of Maxwell & Epstein on a plane) with an obviously fake photo of Reinhart. Here's the REAL photo.
:mad: :mad: :mad:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:18 am I'm not buying the "he accidentally mixed nuclear docs in with love letters from his minions" angle. He might be dumb as a box of rocks, but he's an idiot savant when it comes to scams.
:yeahthat: and correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that it doesn't matter if it was an "accident" or not, it is still a crime.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:33 am
Brian Kilmeade, filling in for Tucker Carlson tonight, shared a clearly fake, photoshopped image of the judge involved in approving the Mar-a-Lago warrant
https://twitter.com/jkbjournalist/statu ... 0716746755
@FoxNews
. Truly incredible. They photo-shopped a government exhibit (photo of Maxwell & Epstein on a plane) with an obviously fake photo of Reinhart. Here's the REAL photo.
That is really, really bad. They are such garbage, and people just eat. it. up. I wish there was something that could be done about their disinformation.
The image:
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Aaaannnd there it is. trump says the nuclear doc issue is a hoax.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nucle ... =home-page

‘Nuclear weapons issue is a Hoax’: Trump pushes back on report of FBI’s Mar-a-Lago search

And when the warrant is finally released, trump will say it's not the real one, but he'll refuse to release his copy.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:48 am Aaaannnd there it is. trump says the nuclear doc issue is a hoax.

‘Nuclear weapons issue is a Hoax’: Trump pushes back on report of FBI’s Mar-a-Lago search

And when the warrant is finally released, trump will say it's not the real one, but he'll refuse to release his copy.
I doubt that he will claim it isn't the real one warrant, he is just going to continue to push the "FBI planted the docs, that's why they wouldn't let my lawyers babysit them" angle.

That's my prediction for now, at least.
raison de arizona

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:51 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:48 am Aaaannnd there it is. trump says the nuclear doc issue is a hoax.

I doubt that he will claim it isn't the real one warrant, he is just going to continue to push the "FBI planted the docs, that's why they wouldn't let my lawyers babysit them" angle.

That's my prediction for now, at least.
h/t Kendra
Ronny Jackson @RonnyJacksonTX wrote: “Nuclear Weapons Documents”??? Are you kidding me? Does the DOJ have third graders creating their narrative? If they go down this path, EVERYONE will know this information was planted. Such BS!!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

And the DOE and the DOD have fake papertrails for each missing / recovered document, not :blackeye:
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:35 ammy understanding is that it doesn't matter if it was an "accident" or not, it is still a crime.
The general rule is the whiter* the crime, the greater likelihood knowledge will be part of the crime.

In other words, expect defenses like, "I had no idea what was in box, which the confeve boy packed after I had declassified them, and I was relying on the advice of my counsel, under duress. My doubt was reasonable, just like yours."

* The collar, of course.
Image ImageImage
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

I think that Nichols’ main point is that speculation about Trump selling nuclear secrets risks creating a climate of opinion that anything less than the worst imaginable behavior is not a big deal. Which is wrong.

I agree with you about Trump being an idiot savant about scams.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

https: //twitter.com/jkbjournalist/status/1558073160716746755
@FoxNews
That's gotta be some kind of illegal to post misinformation / slander like this.
raison de arizona

bill_g wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:27 am
https: //twitter.com/jkbjournalist/status/1558073160716746755
@FoxNews
That's gotta be some kind of illegal to post misinformation / slander like this.
I think they can just throw up their hands and say, "We didn't know it was fake," and get off the hook.
What can the FCC do?
The FCC may act only when it has received documented evidence, such as testimony from persons who have direct personal knowledge of an intentional falsification of the news. Without such documented evidence, the FCC generally cannot intervene.
https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/co ... journalism
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Donald is fundraising by giving us “nuclear codes”. This is a fucking joke to him. #nucleardocuments
raison de arizona

Unbelievable. I can't believe that. Truly, they are traitorous slime.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I guess I am a bit of a skeptic on the nuclear documents story. It may very well be true but I will wait for confirmation from someone other than the WaPo. They have not exactly had a good week covering this story.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

roadscholar wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:01 am Nobody here has a more appropriate screen name. Yeesh.
Thanks.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Reality Check wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:46 am I guess I am a bit of a skeptic on the nuclear documents story. It may very well be true but I will wait for confirmation from someone other than the WaPo. They have not exactly had a good week covering this story.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Annnnd they all got delivered to the fed warehouse when Obama left office.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Off Topic
There is nothing that can be done to stop Faux from putting out misinformation. But the kind of misinformation they have been putting out as of late are now costing people their lives.

I would love to see something like a Change.org demanding that all cable companies that offer packages remove Fox from their lineup until Fox removes the "News" from their logo. That is what I truly object to. Their programming director admits they are not "primarily a news" station. They are down to somewhere in the vicinity of 1-3 hours per day of actual "news" programming - which is programming that they actually CLAIM really is news.

I'd love to see someone who is eloquent with written language draw up a petition to drop Fox until such time that they drop the "news" from their description and logo. Either drop the channel, or drop from all packages and offer as an "add on" only so that only those who chose to deliberately choose them have to pay through the nose.

And I'm OK with CNN and other stations to be held to the highest standards that for any show that they are claiming is "NEWS" that is has to meet high standards for fact checking, fairness, and reliability.

It's the "Fox News" at the bottom of the screen that is misleading their viewers into believing they are hearing something that is akin to actual news.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

bill_g wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:14 pm Annnnd they all got delivered to the fed warehouse when Obama left office.
Yup, all that went to Chicago by way of the National Archives, as it should. Not to a personal basement in Floriduh.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”