American Peoples Convoy Protest

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
noblepa

Re: American Peoples Convoy Protest

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:35 am
LM K wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:04 am :snippity:

The day started with a somber morning meeting. Tonight police will start enforcing the no sleeping in cars condition of the permit. Santa asked how many who owned vehicles were willing to be arrested for engaging in "civil disobedience" (sleeping in their cars). 12 people raised their hand. Frankly, that was probably 100% of the vehicle owners at the meeting. Santa said that they needed at least 20 vehicles to make the civil disobedience work. "Let's rent cars!" someone yelled. Renting cars would have given 18-20 vehicles. Santa then said 20 isn't enough.

:snippity:
Renting cars with whose money? Where does he get the drivers? Did he plan for the moment they get towed and impounded? More expenses. The impound may exeed the rental period, the rental company may not be happy :think:

:blackeye:
If only 12 people are willing to commit "civil disobedience" and risk arrest for sleeping in their cars, how will having 20 cars be of any use? As long as the 8 unoccupied cars are parked legally, no civil disobedience is involved. As I understand it, it is the act of sleeping in a car that is illegal.

I suppose that they could double-park the 8 cars and have them towed for that reason, but that's pretty lame as disobedience goes. For that matter, so is sleeping in cars.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

They sleep in the rented cars and let them get towed, so their cars are safely there for them when they get back.

:thumbsup:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

northland10 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:24 pm I guess this means Oreo can start making payments on his house again, pay off creditors, and inform the bankruptcy court of the change in his income. I'm sure that has happened.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K

Post by LM K »

noblepa wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:53 pm
If only 12 people are willing to commit "civil disobedience" and risk arrest for sleeping in their cars, how will having 20 cars be of any use? As long as the 8 unoccupied cars are parked legally, no civil disobedience is involved. As I understand it, it is the act of sleeping in a car that is illegal.

I suppose that they could double-park the 8 cars and have them towed for that reason, but that's pretty lame as disobedience goes. For that matter, so is sleeping in cars.
There are enough people to sleep in rented cars. The 12 that volunteered own vehicles. Some vehicle owners have family/friends with them. And some members lost their cars along coast to coast trips.
bob

Post by bob »

LM K wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:04 amThe 1776 demanded that police do something about how loud the counterprotesters were.
18 wheels of Canadian irony just dumped its load.
Image ImageImage
June bug

Post by June bug »

LM K wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:03 pm
PERMIT CANCELED
Is this for real?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

June bug wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:19 pm
PERMIT CANCELED
Is this for real?
I dunno but it looks like they all just left. They left trash and ruined grass behind. The grass where they weren’t looks okay so not drought.

Also it just started raining.
June bug

Post by June bug »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:21 pm
PERMIT CANCELED
Is this for real?
I dunno but it looks like they all just left. They left trash and ruined grass behind. The grass where they weren’t looks okay so not drought.

Thanks, pipistrelle. I couldn’t find anything else about permit cancellation other than LM K’s post. But evidently, at least they’re gone for the night.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

LM K wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:34 pm
northland10 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:24 pm I guess this means Oreo can start making payments on his house again, pay off creditors, and inform the bankruptcy court of the change in his income. I'm sure that has happened.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
sheesh

that would pay off everything I owe with enough to by my last (retirement) vehicle and actually RETIRE and not die in the classroom
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:21 pm
PERMIT CANCELED
Is this for real?

probably dumped their poop bucket

if'n I don't pick up after doggie it kind of burns the grass
Billdnc

Post by Billdnc »

Who's going to pick up all of those cigar and cigarette butts?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

More pics at link.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

The Mayor McCheese
@tMayor_McCheese
Leaked HOT Mic reveals a #January6th type #coupdecouteau against the #1776RestorationMovement being discussed.

Who would've thought, a bunch #j6 right-wing extremist supporters/participants would do this?

#Convoywatch #1776RM #cult
LM K

Post by LM K »

The permit has been canceled.

Santa kept calling police on counterprotesters today. The handfull of people from 1776 today weren't protesting in panel 13. They weren't even close to panel 13. But Santa kept calling.

Screenshot_20220804-163250_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20220804-163250_Photos.jpg (142.1 KiB) Viewed 946 times
IMG_20220804_163629_(525_x_300_pixel).jpg
IMG_20220804_163629_(525_x_300_pixel).jpg (61.14 KiB) Viewed 946 times

Security is no longer protecting "their area".

1776 isn't protesting anymore. They aren't even handing out pamphlets or pocket constitutions anymore. They're just sitting there. Being bothered by Defender of Ants and his partners in counterprotesting.

Screenshot_20220804-145551_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220804-145551_Twitter.jpg (132.83 KiB) Viewed 946 times

Santa called police 2-3 times in approx 6 hours. At today's final visit a police officer told Santa that they could only have Ant stop using his megaphone so close to 1776. That's all he could do. 1776 wasn't pleased. They lost a lot by losing their permit.

Everything from panel 13 is gone. All that remains are the portapotties, which have to be picked up.

Last night, 1776 called police AND the permit office because of the counterprotesters. Based on Santa's first tantrum last night, he knew the permit was about to be pulled.

You cannot have 12+ cops showing up 3 every day for 5 days. You can't have smaller groups of coos showing up 2-3 times per day. You can't have 2 assaults and a feral group event in 5 days and expect things to be fine.

Last night a large number of officers were sent to the area around panel 13. All of these officers showed up last night because someone pushed over a sign.

Pictures taken as Santa waits to speak with a supervisor:

Screenshot_20220804-170800_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20220804-170800_Photos.jpg (257.04 KiB) Viewed 946 times
IMG_20220804_174716_(525_x_300_pixel).jpg
IMG_20220804_174716_(525_x_300_pixel).jpg (46.37 KiB) Viewed 946 times

Gathering after Santa spoke to police but while they wait for the supervisor:

the more trouble we are

After speaking to supervisor:

permit in jeopardy

Last night was a shitshow. The city could only stop this by pulling the group's permit.
raison de arizona

Santa is lucky the haven't cited him for filing false reports or whatever the equivalent is for the kindergarten crap he keeps pulling with calling the cops over and over.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
LM K

Post by LM K »

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

poor widdle santa-his power ttrip *money grift(

is over
and he has to go to work like us regular people

the ones I feel So sorry for are that old man and woman wo cook for them.
Are they making amends or some sort of shit?

did hubby grage ole leady wife shame her? one of their kids involved????????
LM K

Post by LM K »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:45 pm
sad-cafe wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:55 pm oh man-

what all did I miss?

can't watch with volume right now
Park police showing up in force and not doing a thing about the criminals, Riddell throwing a pretend hissy fit and saying he's going back to Ohio, and lots of confusion as the cult seems to be breaking up.

There's an elderly couple among them who stand out as being the only ones who look remotely middle class-dress neatly, clean, etc. I think I heard tonight they spent their retirement money on this band of criminals. They're the only ones I have an iota of sympathy for, even though they support far rightists. I think they have an RV. Maybe they'll be like SSG Moe and live out their days in it.
I have mixed feelings about the couple known as Ma and PA.

Ma and Pa have been with the convoy for a long time. I don't remember when exactly they joined the convoy, but they did join this insanity when it was still TPC.

Ma and Pa are true believers. A week ago Ma stood up during a meeting to praise Santa in all his glory. Ma said Santa was selected by God, bla bla bla.

Ma and Pa came to my attention the afternoon that TPC disbanded. Ma and Pa have given enormous amounts of money to 1776.

A few days before TPC reached Hagerstown, Santa, in a relatively new leadership position, told supporters that TPC needed $15,000 to pay rent for their new location. The place they wanted to rent demanded a down payment before allowing the group to show up at their location.

TPC hasn't been transparent about money. Nor has 1776. I don't know how much of the $15,000 TPC raised. Iirc, the owner of Hagerstown was going to charge rent too, unlike the convoy’s previous stay which was rent free. Rent was $2,500 per week.

We all know how things ended at Hagerstown. Just before TPC announced it was disbanding, the owner of Hagerstown graciously gave everyone 7 days to figure things out. Then the group went ballistic and police were called. The owner of Hagerstown Speedway kicked everyone off their land.

When Ma and Pa saw the chaos, they handed Santa $10,000 in cash. They've been funding 1776 behind the scenes since the day before it started.

Ma and Pa own the RV. They turned over the RV to Santa the day he was released from jail. Because Santa's truch had been impounded, Santa "had nowhere to sleep". Because Santa hadn't been able to sleep very well during his night in jail, Ma and Pa allowed him to stay in their RV. (Santa regularly slept in hotel rooms while on the road. I guess his grift wasn't doing well.)

Since the night of July 5, Santa has slept in the RV. Ma and Pa are likely sleeping in their vehicle, but no one knows for sure that thats where they sleep. They aren't sleeping in a tent in BH. They are always seen 1st thing in the morning. Chances are high that they're sleeping in the vehicle*.

Ma and Pa are very active members of the group. I once saw them walk to the capitol when some of 1776 marched there.

Remember butt-crack Dusty? Ma and Pa are his parents.

Are Ma and Pa being used? Absolutely. But they seem capable of making their own decisions.

*I couldn't live with myself if I took over the bed of an 86 year old man and 82 year old woman.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

LM K wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:55 pm Remember butt-crack Dusty? Ma and Pa are his parents.

Are Ma and Pa being used? Absolutely. But they seem capable of making their own decisions.

*I couldn't live with myself if I took over the bed of an 86 year old man and 82 year old woman.
I mentioned them because they both dress and clean up nicely. I had no idea they are Dusty's parents. They look like solid middle-class people, while he's a hillbilly. Do you know what part of the country they're from?

It's odd they don't hang around together that I've seen. I've been watching very intermittently and always just miss the good parts. I've noticed they stand a lot while everyone else sits. I do notice they hang onto Ridell like he's a god.

I've been wondering where they sleep. It's possible the RV has three (narrow) beds, or a couples bed and some cot-sized kid beds. I've been in some that have enough room for four that look smallish on the outside.

Last night Riddell kept saying he didn't know what to do. Not much of a leader. He was missing during some of the violence.

A lot of chatters think it's mostly Defender of Ants who did them in. Not only was he relentless, especially today since he got physically close to them, but as people said he is One of Them-a RWNJ. They know his background and that he's not "Antifa." I don't know if he was abused but he honed in on sheltering sex offenders (I know of the one guy, not sure about any others) and he also was all over the guy who calls himself "Oreo."

Gack. I hate the childish nicknames.
tencats

Post by tencats »

:think: :confuzzled:

Short time ago sitting around the camp fire.

1776 RM is turning the tide with the people. Santa says "you guys are the cream of the crop." yep. :roll:

Santa says. We going back to the mall lawn tomorrow morning and set up as before. Then two more days and then they return to BH.
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxk68zK7QZMn ... g0Z4mrgITF

Motorcycle cop thanked Santa. More
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxqn2FYNqowC ... CvcKU9ueY7
June bug

Post by June bug »

tencats wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:40 pm :think: :confuzzled:

Short time ago sitting around the camp fire.

1776 RM is turning the tide with the people. Santa says "you guys are the cream of the crop." yep. :roll:

Santa says. We going back to the mall lawn tomorrow morning and set up as before. Then two more days and then they return to BH.
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxk68zK7QZMn ... g0Z4mrgITF

Frankly, just as I thought. They’re not leaving- not during the day anyway.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

So he says. He also says he's "humbled." I call BS on both.
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:10 pm
So he says. He also says he's "humbled." I call BS on both.
He forgot, “And then everyone clapped.”
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Well, this is a boring live screamer night. I see Oreo is smoking a cigar sitting around at BH. Not much else.

There was no Karaoke. What a letdown.

But, TOMORROW, TOMORROW you are ONLY (always) A DAY AWAY. Then shit gets real, right?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:46 pm
More pics at link.
re the top pic with all the suff leaning at a tree. I'd dearly would like to hire a garbage dump truck.... :twisted:

Return to “Current Politics”