American Peoples Convoy Protest

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
sugar magnolia

Re: American Peoples Convoy Protest

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:56 pm
Off Topic
sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:40 pm He also called me one time to come do an "exorcism" at the Shell station. Midnight shifts could get boring.
You are women of many talents. Gas Station exorcisms is on your resume? :lol: How long did this cop last on the force?
He's been the chief in a smaller local town for about 10 years now after close to 20 years with our dept. He's actually a pretty good cop, and an even better administrator.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

The evening meeting turned into a holy preaching session by Santa. (all because of the voodoo curse that befell the campers earlier today).

He's been droning on for more than 30 minutes.

No, it's not a cult. Nope, not at all.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:02 pm I may have to drag out my voodoo doll craft supplies and send a little gift to the convoyers. I think I already have a bunch cut out even.
Oh the regiment is so going to do this, I even have some Imperial Illuminati Air Force stationary. They are gonna get Voodoo dolls from wienrdogs.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

How do they stay awake 16 hours a day?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:56 pm How do they stay awake 16 hours a day?
Meth

LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Isn't it interesting that Miss Sarah just happened to have holy water in her RV?
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm willing to believe that this isn't her first exorcism.

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Unfinished wood gingerbread men cut outs at orientaltrading.com for about $5/dozen. Ger you some craft paint and go crazy with the voodoo dolls!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

A bit late with voodoo suggestions, but i was wondering if there is some Asian food outlet that has chicken feet / claws on sale :think:

:twisted:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

All is well. The porta-potties FREEDOM TOILETS have arrived! :fiesta:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

neonzx wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:20 am All is well. The porta-potties FREEDOM TOILETS have arrived! :fiesta:
Truly free people can poop wherever they want to.

Personally, I'm an advocate for the cab of Santa's truck.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:45 am
neonzx wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:20 am All is well. The porta-potties FREEDOM TOILETS have arrived! :fiesta:

Well, they'd have to go to Bunker Hill because even with a permit for their "vigil", no big trucks allowed. And sleeping in cars is also not allowed... we'll see if that rule eventually is enforced. Local LE seems have been treating this group with kid-gloves thus far.

What is going to happen when the "200 big trucks" and "500 cars" arrive that Santa claimed were on the way? 8-)
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:29 am
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:45 am

Well, they'd have to go to Bunker Hill because even with a permit for their "vigil", no big trucks allowed. And sleeping in cars is also not allowed... we'll see if that rule eventually is enforced. Local LE seems have been treating this group with kid-gloves thus far.

What is going to happen when the "200 big trucks" and "500 cars" arrive that Santa claimed were on the way? 8-)

They'll get the unicorns to drive them around in circles for them, so they can march on the mall and not worry about parking. :thumbsup:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Are the toilets for them specifically? Are they paying for them?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Santa said he’d put locks on them and have the key.

If paying only with someone else’s money.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Well, Raison, they can but I wish they wouldn’t.
More than 150 rafters and backcountry campers who visited the Grand Canyon in April and May reported symptoms of a gastrointestinal illness, the National Park Service said this week.
The symptoms — including nausea, stomach cramping and pain, vomiting, and diarrhea — are representative of norovirus, according to a release from the National Park Service Office of Public Health. Officials confirmed the virus was found on at least eight of the rafting trips in the national park so far.
Park officials said “comprehensive control measures” have been implemented in response, and since early June they’ve seen a “a marked decrease in reports of illness.”
This volume of cases is rare, said John Dillon, executive director for the Grand Canyon River Outfitters Association (GCROA), which represents rafting companies authorized to guide trips in the park.
“This is the cruise ship virus, right?” Dillon said. “So it’s very unusual for us to experience something like this in the backcountry.”
In a typical season, the companies run about 650 trips; Dillon said having one or two of them report a norovirus case could be considered normal.
The exact cause hasn’t been identified, but Dillon said GCROA is working with officials, including the CDC, to gather data on the outbreaks.
This article is from the WaPo but for some reason I cant copy the URL. It’s from Jun 29 2022 if you want to read more. Most of the other articles I found were reprints with content missing

Our Dr friend who has rafted the Grand Canyon close to 50 times is on a committee of rafting companies and medical personnel who are trying to figure out just what happened and ways to mitigate it. The usual protocol for the Grand Canyon is to pack EVERYTHING out with you when you leave. Poop buckets and latrines are taken to RV clean out places when the trip is over, but you carry everything with you at all times. Three week trip? Three weeks worth of pungent goodness strategically placed among the boats.

But when one has diarrhea all bets are off. The buckets are much too far from camp for comfort so many just jump in the river…or a side creek… even though it’s strictly forbidden. So now the Colorado itself is a vector, as well as many of the tributaries that feed it.

I can’t imagine how the 1776wtfbbq folks are dealing with their COVID outbreak.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

The convoy is clashing internally and breaking down. An extended argument by some with Santa regarding him protecting sex offenders.

As one twitter user wrote, It's like a live on location Jerry Springer show. :lol:

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:02 pm
The usual protocol for the Grand Canyon is to pack EVERYTHING out with you when you leave. Poop buckets and latrines are taken to RV clean out places when the trip is over, but you carry everything with you at all times. Three week trip? Three weeks worth of pungent goodness strategically placed among the boats.

But when one has diarrhea all bets are off. The buckets are much too far from camp for comfort so many just jump in the river…or a side creek… even though it’s strictly forbidden. So now the Colorado itself is a vector, as well as many of the tributaries that feed it.
Poop buckets are ammo boxes that get lined with heavy duty rubbish bin bags at each stop. A toilet seat is placed on top. When packed up they get sprinkled with lime or something then tied up and stored in a sealed bin on the boat reserved for he purpose. There is no pungent goodness apparent.

You piss in the river.

Nobody on my trips ever got diarrhoea so I don't know the protocol.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

After three weeks… Maybe not goodness but certainly pungent. Not everyone entrusted with the job is good at it. :mrgreen:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Someone tracked it down... here is the actual permit.

https://www.nps.gov/aboutus/foia/upload ... DACTED.pdf
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Without comment.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:28 pm Someone tracked it down... here is the actual permit.

https://www.nps.gov/aboutus/foia/upload ... DACTED.pdf
Was all the previous activity-unpermitted? "Education" :lol:
Only signs and/or banners specifically identifying and/or announcing the event or portion of the event are permitted.
Also: :lol:

Does this mean they go back to their native sewers at noon on Aug. 8?
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:38 pm Was all the previous activity-unpermitted? "Education" :lol:
Only signs and/or banners specifically identifying and/or announcing the event or portion of the event are permitted.
Also: :lol:

Does this mean they go back to their native sewers at noon on Aug. 8?
Dunno what he/they plan to do after Aug 8 @12 noon.

Effectively, the only thing they gained with this permit was a couple freedom toilets (yes, they had to pay for them).

Downside? They have to now follow all the fine print of that permit. Which Imma guessing they will not be able to do.

Return to “Current Politics”