Sarah Palin (R-Nobody) 2016

pipistrelle

Re: Sarah Palin (R-Nobody) 2016

Post by pipistrelle »

Who’s supposed to keep us up to speed on Bristol Palin’s celibate love life?
Moving on! Bristol Palin's devout Christian boyfriend divorced his wife of less than a year just three months before the mother-of-three made their new relationship Instagram official
Bristol's new boyfriend Janson Moore, 24, filed for divorce from his wife Makenzie Housenfluck, 25, in May after 11 months of marriage
The former couple finalized their divorce in August, three months before Bristol, 29, posted a photo of herself posing with him at a Texas A&M football game
Bristol was only married to her ex-husband Dakota Meyer for two years before they divorced in 2018 after welcoming daughters Sailor, three, and Atlee, two
Before her marriage and subsequent divorce, she was briefly engaged to Levi Johnston, 29, with whom she shares a 10-year-old son Tripp
Bristol's parents, Sarah and Todd Palin, are currently going through a divorce but reunited on Monday to celebrate the birth of their daughter Willow's twin girls
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... ating.html
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

What a tangled web we weave,
when we go outside marriage in order to conceive.

Please dont call them phoney
Its just that they conceive in ways baloney.

Alcohol is their way to salvation
as it takes them from a 2 to 11.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

I saw a tweet somewhere a couple weeks ago that pointed out how unkind the last 11 years have been to Sarah Palin. In 2008, she was a superstar in the making. Now she's an answer to a trivia question.

In a universe with so much injustice, we have to enjoy the small, delicious morsels of justice when we can.

I wonder if she'll ever forgive Donald Trump for stealing her entire shtick as the darling of the hypocritical right-wing evangelical moralizer crowd?
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Remember, it's the gays that are destroying marriage, not the upstanding righteous bastion of family values.
North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe »

the two best things in that story are "Makenzie Housenfluck" and "Sailor Meyer." imagine being greeted every day with "Hello, Sailor ..."

otoh, the next time i'm in starbucks, i'm definitely giving my name as "Housenfluck."
“It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times.”
—Ali Smith, Autumn
ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

Sailor. It's customary for a Palin to name its offspring in a way somehow connected to the conception. Have any sailors or ex-sailors lurking here ever seen Bristol crawling through the bars in Subic Bay?
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I still recall getting into a discussion with a coworker around October 1968 2008 about Sarah Palin. He was a smart guy but a Republican. He tried to tell me Palin was more qualified on her record than Obama to hold office. I told him he was smarter than that. Recently I emailed him to tell him I still remembered that conversation and how stupid a statement that was. I know he is probably a Trump supporter so I wanted to poke him on that too.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

voxpopuluxe wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:37 am the two best things in that story are "Makenzie Housenfluck" and "Sailor Meyer." imagine being greeted every day with "Hello, Sailor ..."

otoh, the next time i'm in starbucks, i'm definitely giving my name as "Housenfluck."
You must wear a body cam and share.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Reality Check wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:20 am I still recall getting into a discussion with a coworker around October 1968 about Sarah Palin. He was a smart guy but a Republican. He tried to tell me Palin was more qualified on her record than Obama to hold office. I told him he was smarter than that. Recently I emailed him to tell him I still remembered that conversation and how stupid a statement that was. I know he is probably a Trump supporter so I wanted to poke him on that too.
This proves it! You knew when Obama was only seven that the fix was in!
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:28 am :snippity:
:lol: Not enough coffee yet. I fixed my tyop.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:28 am
Reality Check wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:20 am I still recall getting into a discussion with a coworker around October 1968 about Sarah Palin. He was a smart guy but a Republican. He tried to tell me Palin was more qualified on her record than Obama to hold office. I told him he was smarter than that. Recently I emailed him to tell him I still remembered that conversation and how stupid a statement that was. I know he is probably a Trump supporter so I wanted to poke him on that too.
I am confident that Sarah Palin had indeed done great things by the time she was four and a half years old.
Whip

Post by Whip »

voxpopuluxe wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:37 am the two best things in that story are "Makenzie Housenfluck"
Wow did he downgrade.
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Jacqueline Thomsen
@jacq_thomsen
·
7m
Judge rules that Sarah Palin can't seek advertising revenue the NY Times made from an editorial linking her to mass shootings as part of her defamation lawsuit: "Palin is attempting to obtain an additional remedy that bears no relation to the injury she suffered."
Big Cases Bot
@big_cases
New filing in
@SarahPalinUSA
v.
@NYTimes
: Order on Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings
https://usatoday.com/documents/6664713- ... -Pleadings
Put another way, Palin is attempting to obtain an additional remedy that bears no relation to the injury she suffered, because she does not claim that she would have been entitled to receive a portion of The Times' advertising revenues if she had not been defamed. See Defs. Mem. 4.

For these reasons, the Court grants the defendants' motion for partial judgment on the pleadings dismissing Palin's claim for disgorgement damages.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Walt Tuttle

Post by Walt Tuttle »

'Masked Singer': Sarah Palin performs 'Baby Got Back' as the Bear

https://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/ ... 584018010/
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

I don't watch much network tv and when I first heard of the Masked Singer, during the Superbowl, I assumed it was one of those wacky Superbowl commercials. I was assured it was not.

Now I find that Sarah Palin was one of the singers.

I stand by my original assumption.
ImageImageImage x4
bob

Post by bob »

YOUR NEXT PRESIDENT, AMERICA!:

Not that she did particularly well, but "Baby Got Back" is tricky to perform.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
Jez

Post by Jez »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:25 am I don't watch much network tv and when I first heard of the Masked Singer, during the Superbowl, I assumed it was one of those wacky Superbowl commercials. I was assured it was not.

It's actually one of the few shows that Dawn and I watch together. We watch it on the weekends, usually, so try not to find out who is eliminated, etc. But just to give you an idea of some of the talent they have had: This season alone they have had Chaka Khan and Dionne Warwick. Last season, Patti LaBelle was a contestant.

It's fun to watch and try to figure out who the voices are when they are singing. Wayne Brady won Season 2. T-Pain (a rapper) won Season 1. He's a surprisingly good singer.
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

Jez wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:38 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:25 am I don't watch much network tv and when I first heard of the Masked Singer, during the Superbowl, I assumed it was one of those wacky Superbowl commercials. I was assured it was not.

It's actually one of the few shows that Dawn and I watch together. We watch it on the weekends, usually, so try not to find out who is eliminated, etc. But just to give you an idea of some of the talent they have had: This season alone they have had Chaka Khan and Dionne Warwick. Last season, Patti LaBelle was a contestant.

It's fun to watch and try to figure out who the voices are when they are singing. Wayne Brady won Season 2. T-Pain (a rapper) won Season 1. He's a surprisingly good singer.
I stand corrected. In my defense, my first exposure to a singer from the show was Sarah Palin.
ImageImageImage x4
bob

Post by bob »

THR: Sarah Palin Gets Libel Trial Against New York Times:
A federal judge rejects the paper's summary judgment motion and sets a trial for February.

Sarah Palin will proceed to trial against The New York Times next February, pandemic permitting. On Friday, U.S. District Court Judge Jed Rakoff rejected the paper's summary judgment motion in a big libel case over an editorial about gun violence. The New York federal judge concludes that she had provided enough evidence to establish actual malice on the part of the paper's former op/ed chief.

The editorial linked one of Palin's political action committee ads to a 2011 mass shooting that severely wounded then-Arizona Congresswoman Gabby Giffords. James Bennet, the writer of the editorial, wanted to make a point about a climate of political incitement, but The New York Times quickly made a correction acknowledging that no link had been established between Palin's ad and the shooting.

Rakoff had previously dismissed the suit in Aug. 2017, writing at the time that "in the exercise of that freedom, mistakes will be made, some of which will be hurtful to others."

The 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals then revived the case based on Rakoff's rash conclusion that Palin couldn't establish actual malice.

Back at the lower court, Palin aimed for something even greater than a win against The New York Times. She aimed to basically upend a half century of jurisprudence in libel cases by overthrowing the actual malice standard — that being how public figures must demonstrate awareness of falsity or reckless disregard of the truth.

Rakoff won't give that to Palin.

"Perhaps recognizing that this Court is not free to disregard preced3ent even if it were so inclined (which in this case it distinctly is not), [Palin] offers what she calls an alternative argument: that 'actual malice rule arose from distinguishable facts and should not be applied,'" writes Rakoff. "More precisely, [Palin's] argument is that the actual malice rule, which was first articulated more than half a century ago in the days before the Internet and social media, has run its course and should no longer govern our contemporary media landscape. Binding precedent does not, however, come with an experiation date. To the extend plaintiff believes the actual malice requirement ought to be abolished, she should make that argument to the appropriate court — the Supreme Court."

At the Supreme Court, Justice Clarence Thomas wants to get rid of actual malice, but whether that would ever happen is a subject for another day. In the meantime, she needs to establish actual malice to prevail.

Fortunately for Palin, Rakoff looks at the evidence and decides there's enough there, especially when viewing it in a light that is most favorable to her. In particular, he points to strong evidence that Bennet may have recklessly disregarded truth by failing to read stuff that the paper's researchers had been sending him on the topic of the shooter. The judge adds that his failure to investigate could support an inference he purposely avoided the truth.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Is the judge that clueless? Sigh.
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

John Thomas8 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:06 pm Is the judge that clueless? Sigh.
No, he's correctly applying the law (as it was defined by the 2d Circuit decision which reversed Judge Rakoff's original dismissal of the case). So Sarah Palin gets to face a New York jury.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

On its face it is patently absurd to believe people don't follow their cult leaders. History is re-pleat with examples and palin's culthood isn't a figment of anyone's imagination. That dude shot those people because he was told it was Ok by palin to do so.

Now we have to rely on 12 people that couldn't dodge jury duty* to do the right thing.

* - I personally have enjoyed my 2 instances of jury duty, one hearing a case and once being dismissed by a defense attorney.
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Stochastic terrorist.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
bob

Post by bob »

Wash. Ex.: Palin hints at Senate run in Alaska if Lisa Murkowski opposes Trump's Supreme Court nominee:
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin hinted at a possible run for Lisa Murkowski's Senate seat if the senator doesn’t support President Trump’s replacement for Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court.

"We sure hope that you have it within you to do the right thing this time,” Palin said to Murkowski in a series of Instagram videos posted this week. “So, you should walk back. We'll forgive you. If you can't do that, remember my house? I can see a lot of things from my house. ... Lisa, I can see 2022 from my house."

"Lisa Murkowski, this is my house," Palin said, pointing to her Alaska residence in the background. "I'm willing to give it up for the greater good of this country ... if you can't find it within yourself to do the right thing this time and at least give a fair shake to the Supreme Court nominee that your president will be bringing before you.”
:pray:
SLQ

Post by SLQ »

bob wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:23 pm Wash. Ex.: Palin hints at Senate run in Alaska if Lisa Murkowski opposes Trump's Supreme Court nominee:
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin hinted at a possible run for Lisa Murkowski's Senate seat if the senator doesn’t support President Trump’s replacement for Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court.

"We sure hope that you have it within you to do the right thing this time,” Palin said to Murkowski in a series of Instagram videos posted this week. “So, you should walk back. We'll forgive you. If you can't do that, remember my house? I can see a lot of things from my house. ... Lisa, I can see 2022 from my house."

"Lisa Murkowski, this is my house," Palin said, pointing to her Alaska residence in the background. "I'm willing to give it up for the greater good of this country ... if you can't find it within yourself to do the right thing this time and at least give a fair shake to the Supreme Court nominee that your president will be bringing before you.”
:pray:
Oh, this doesn't do it justice. The video is wacko!
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Return to “Presidential Election”