Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

January 6 Select Committee

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by raison de arizona »

There's a criminal investigation going on, I agree they should definitely lawyer up whether they are dirty or not.

But they're dirty.

:mrgreen:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I have a problem with a secret service agent switching over to a political role, and then switching back.

This was reported at the time--one of 10,000 or so insane things going on in which TFG and his minions--and that includes every fucking one we've heard testify--sought to turn our gov't into a malign dictatorship.

I don't think the head of USSS resigned when that happened, did he? Yeah, I thought not.

So this blows any credibility any of them might have; they are suspect and not to be trusted. That is sad, because I'm sure most are not facist coup-participants, but good lord, why would anyone take any other approach?
raison de arizona

Pence was worried (with reason) that some of his SS agents were more loyal to tfg than to protecting him. That is pretty scary.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
much ado

Post by much ado »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:35 pm Pence was worried (with reason) that some of his SS agents were more loyal to tfg than to protecting him. That is pretty scary.
Yup, sure is.

I bet, at some point, Pence will testify to the J6 committee. Give him a month or so.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:thumbsup: Alex has totally blown up, there are tons of articles about him now. :lol:

https://heavy.com/news/alex-wollet/
https://hollywoodlife.com/2022/07/22/wh ... lark-kent/
https://nypost.com/2022/07/22/clark-ken ... tery-hunk/
'Is he seeing anybody?' Twitter users (including Andy Cohen!) swoon over 'beautiful' Clark Kent lookalike who was seated in front row of January 6 hearings - as heartthrob is unmasked as 23-year-old Ohio med student
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... ealed.html
OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 36s
Replying to @Chasten
Clark Kent is 23-year-old Alex Wollet ... a med school student from Ohio living in D.C. and doing a fellowship at The National Institutes of Health. Looks like lots of people wanted to know Alex better 💪
https://www.tmz.com/2022/07/22/clark-ke ... social-twa
The sexy “Clark Kent” look-alike who stole the show on Day 8 of the Capitol riot hearings has been identified.

The internet went wild on Thursday, thirsting after the mysterious Superhunk who was seated in the first row behind witnesses Matthew Pottinger and Sarah Matthews.

New York Magazine writer Yashar Ali teased that he knew that the attractive attendee is off the market. “The good looking man sitting behind Pottinger is not single,” he wrote. “That’s all I will say and that’s all you need to know!”

But “Clark Kent” has since been identified as Alex Wollet, a 23-year-old medical student from Youngstown, Ohio.

He graduated from Cardinal Mooney High School in 2017, where the 5-foot-10 student played basketball — wearing jersey No. 15 and sporting a Justin Bieber bowl cut circa 2009 — and went on to study neuroscience at Ohio State University.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:07 pm
NBC News: Jan. 6 Committee's Rep. Zoe Lofgren says Secret Service officers Ornato, Engel, and the driver of the SUV that wouldn't take Trump to the Capitol, have all retained private counsel.
@NBCNews
You know, something struck me today.

As I was lying on the ground seeing stars, I thought about the fact that Lard ass DIDN'T walk with the crowd on January 6th. If he had it could have turned into a disaster. But he is such an unfit, lazy asshole that he wanted to be driven. He probably isn't actually capable of walking that distance anyway.

But think about it. If he hadn't been such a lazy diaperpants he wouldn't have had to get into the SUV, and the Secret Service would not have had the opportunity to say "NO!" and indirectly save the day.

I'm also speculating that when he leapt forward, what he was actually doing was trying to reach some kind of door control so he could unlock the doors to get out, and find some fool to drive him.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

That's how I interpret it. Remember that global leader conference where he couldn't walk the 1/8 or 1/4 mile or whatever it was (a minimal distance) with the other leaders.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Democracy saved by lack of a golf cart.

It's like Richard III, "A golf cart, a golf cart, my kingdom for a golf cart!"

:rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:22 pm Democracy saved by lack of a golf cart.

It's like Richard III, "A golf cart, a golf cart, my kingdom for a golf cart!"

:rotflmao:
I would have been HIGH-larious to see TFG try to get around on a Segway or something for lack of a golf cart. The Paul Blart-ish mental images it conjures are doing wonders for my mood this morning.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Assuming tfg really did “fight” to go to the Capitol, why did he never “boast” that it was only the actions of the SS that prevented him?
The only reason I can imagine is that he thought that mentioning it might dent his image of omnipotence. I still think he had no intention of being anywhere near the unwashed masses (it might be possible he would have gone in order to encourage his supporters but only in an armoured vehicle surrounded by the SS - a bit like his drive-by when he was in hospital). One of tfg’s “principles” is to never to be “at the scene of the crime”. :twocents:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
We interrupt your regular programming in order to bring you an emergency hottie. :fiesta:

A guy, of course. If us poor downtrodden heterosexuals were swooning over a superhot young lady who attended the hearing, we'd be called sexist even if she was a med student studying neuro-oncology.

:violin: :crying:

I'ma go stand in the corner now. :blackeyebig:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Karma punishes us all. :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:14 am We interrupt your regular programming in order to bring you an emergency hottie. :fiesta:

A guy, of course. If us poor downtrodden heterosexuals were swooning over a superhot young lady who attended the hearing, we'd be called sexist even if she was a med student studying neuro-oncology.

Oh, you just be jealous. I think I speak for all of us guys here that we were never GQ cover material at any age. :P
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Off Topic
neonzx wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:24 am
Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:14 am We interrupt your regular programming in order to bring you an emergency hottie. :fiesta:

Oh, you just be jealous. I think I speak for all of us guys here that we were never GQ cover material at any age. :P
Hey, now, when I was in college, I got a lot of people telling me I looked just like "that guy from Princess Bride" (they could never come up with the actor's name - Cary Elwes)
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'd have gone with The Dread Pirate Roberts (that's my favorite movie).

And, just for the record, although I identify as a straight female, if Stevie Nicks had knocked on my door EVER and wiggled her finger, I'd have packed my bags.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:14 am
Off Topic
We interrupt your regular programming in order to bring you an emergency hottie. :fiesta:

:yeahthat:

One post might have been cute or endearing, but it got kind of creepy.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:37 am
Off Topic
neonzx wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:24 am
Off Topic

Hey, now, when I was in college, I got a lot of people telling me I looked just like "that guy from Princess Bride" (they could never come up with the actor's name - Cary Elwes)
Touche'

I have looked like I slept in a bag of cats, since at least third grade. I had a school photographer kill himself once. I've been denied entry to foreign countries without the mandatory 30 quarantine for pets and wild animals. When Pan Am still existed they insisted I fly cargo, in a cage.

We can sit here all night, but I'm going to get the answers I want,
It's just a matter of how much time and how many volts it's gonna take....

raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:44 am I'd have gone with The Dread Pirate Roberts (that's my favorite movie).
Want me to ruin it for you?
► Show Spoiler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:nooo:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

FYI, MSNBC says they're going to re air Thursday's hearing tonight at 7PM Eastern.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Yeah, sorry for the threadjack, I'm feeling better now. :mrgreen:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Liz Cheney on Fox News in response to Baier's question about if the J6 committee is investigating Pelosi and the Capitol Police: "What we aren't gonna do, Bret, is blame the Capitol Police, blame those in law enforcement, for Donald Trump's armed mob that he sent to the Capitol"
More clips at the link/thread.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

What the Hel would there be to investigate Pelosi for?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:36 pm What the Hel would there be to investigate Pelosi for?
That's been one of their talking points to deflect from tfg, it's Pelosi's fault for not securing the capitol, call in National Guard, etc. :roll:

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”