trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
noblepa

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:46 pm
Isn't it called The CONGRESSIONAL Medal Of Honor because it is CONGRESS that decides who receives it?

And isn't there a statute somewhere that describes who is eligible (hint: its not for civilians)

The President's role in the Medal of Honor is ceremonial. He/she gets to hang it around the recipients neck, shake their hand and pose for photos.

He had the Presidential Medal of Freedom. He awarded a bunch of those to his friends and co-conspirators.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:41 pm
I offer a slight edit of the caption of the second photo. "Trump's ignorance of Climate Science would be hilarious if it weren't so horrifying".
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

AT LAST: Judge sets trial date for E. Jean Carroll’s lawsuit against Trump

TY ROSS
JULY 21, 2022

After multiple delays, E. Jean Carroll’s defamation case against Donald Trump can finally proceed. District Judge Lewis Kaplan set a trial date for Feb. 6, 2023, barring any motions or possible settlements.

Three years into his presidency, Carroll went public with accusations that Trump had raped her in a dressing room at the Bergdorf Goodman department store in the 1990s. She filed a lawsuit for defamation after Trump denied raping her and made disparaging comments about Ms. Carroll to the press, telling reporters, “She’s not my type.”

Although the case was originally filed in a New York state court, Trump’s Department of Justice tried to have the case moved to federal courts, with then-Attorney General Bill Barr arguing that the comments were made in Trump’s capacity as President.

Judge Kaplan disagreed.

https://occupydemocrats.com/2022/07/21/ ... nst-trump/
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

WTAF??? The Congressional Medal of Honor is given to members of the military for "Conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of life above and beyond the call of duty".

So, maybe as Commander in Chief you can call him a member of the military, even though I'd call it a stretch. But that is so fucked up as to be the mere suggestion of it is an insult to every recipient of the award. If I had had one, I would have sent it back as loudly as possible.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:03 pm
Isn't it called The CONGRESSIONAL Medal Of Honor because it is CONGRESS that decides who receives it?

And isn't there a statute somewhere that describes who is eligible (hint: its not for civilians)

The President's role in the Medal of Honor is ceremonial. He/she gets to hang it around the recipients neck, shake their hand and pose for photos.

He had the Presidential Medal of Freedom. He awarded a bunch of those to his friends and co-conspirators.

Actually, no, Congress does not award the Medal of Honor. Mostly. They have to approve all awards made outside the normal timeline for making the award.
All recommendations require thorough reports on the act itself, the battlefield and its setting; at least two sworn eyewitness statements; and any other compelling evidence that can be gathered. Recommendation packets must be approved all the way up the military command structure, ending with the United States President as the Commander-in-Chief.

By Federal Statute, recommendations for the Medal must be submitted within 3 years of the valorous act and the Medal must be presented within 5 years. Any submissions outside of this timeline require an Act of Congress to waive the time limits.
As to who, how and why
The Medal is authorized for any military service member who “distinguishes himself conspicuously by gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty

While engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States;
While engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force; or
While serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party."
I do not see "Walking feebly down a ramp at West Point once" on that list.

tek

Post by tek »

TFG's self-winding pity party is getting pretty serious..
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

tek wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:35 am TFG's self-winding pity party is getting pretty serious..
Yeah, which is why I don't get the cult. Yeah, he says things that aren't politically correct and the cult loves that. But he's the bore you avoid at all costs at parties, the idiot boss that drives you to leave a good-paying job...but you stand for hours in the heat to listen to him mememememememememememememe
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

When you've lost Murdoch, you've lost the world.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I always said he was too sensitive a child to be President of the United States of America, and now we're finding out that he's even less qualified to be an ex-president.

He really is the most persecuted person in the history of the United States world galaxy Universe. Nobody has ever suffered as much as he has suffered (mostly when he isn't cheating at golf).

Everybody mistreats him and everyone is really mean to him, which is unusual because everybody loves him and he was the greatest president in the history of the United States world galaxy Universe.

That poor bunny. That poor, poor bunny! :violin: :crying:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:27 am I always said he was too sensitive a child to be President of the United States of America, and now we're finding out that he's even less qualified to be an ex-president.

He really is the most persecuted person in the history of the United States world galaxy Universe. Nobody has ever suffered as much as he has suffered (mostly when he isn't cheating at golf).

Everybody mistreats him and everyone is really mean to him, which is unusual because everybody loves him and he was the greatest president in the history of the United States world galaxy Universe.

That poor bunny. That poor, poor bunny! :violin: :crying:
He should see some of the cartoons about Abraham Lincoln. Vile and racist.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:58 pm NY Magazine did a spread on tfg’s new burn book.
0BDA238B-0391-43EB-BBE3-398DFD0C15DD.png64C5C838-DBBF-4DBB-BB9C-E2F6CB6EB67F.png
1CE102D2-FB5A-452F-87F5-DFE9901ECA4C.png
F75A8A79-1E55-4DA6-8652-4F53341EA035.png
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article ... -book.html
I'm somewhat surprised it doesn't come in a paint-by-numbers version.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:10 pm
much ado wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:03 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:53 pm Don't you usually have to serve in the military to get the congressional medal of honor?
Yes. From the official web site...
The Medal of Honor is the United States' highest award for military valor in action. And while over 150 years have passed since its inception, the meaning behind the Medal has never tarnished. Etched within are the very values that each Recipient displayed in the moments that mattered—bravery, courage, sacrifice, integrity. A deep love of country and a desire to always do what is right.

A distinguished award presented only to the deserving, the Medal tells a story of its own.
https://www.cmohs.org/medal

I don't know why Trump is not a laughing stock for that. What an idiot.
Yes, and it's not a participation prize obviously even for service.

I imagine some big, burly veterans walked up to him with tears in their eyes, telling him no one deserves it more than he.

(Also, he's so out of it he could have meant the presidential medal of freedom he handed out like lollipops to a motley crew of seditious losers.)
He’s not even eligible for the National Defense Service Medal, which every military member with a pulse currently receives. What a tool.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

tfg did get a Purple Heart gifted to him by some poor deluded veteran. Perhaps he’ll come by a Congressional Medal of Honor similarly.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

FWIW
Donald Trump ‘Unworthy to Be This Country’s Chief Executive Again,’ Murdoch-Owned New York Post Declares

Rosemary Rossi
Sat, July 23, 2022 at 11:49 PM

In a short but scathing Saturday op-ed, The New York Post editorial board has said there “is no defense” for Donald Trump’s “refusal to stop the violence” on Jan. 6, adding that the former president “has proven himself unworthy to be this country’s chief executive again.”

The 262-word piece in the Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid cuts through the many layers of information brought to the surface by the Jan. 6 committee and gets right to the point, as they see it: Trump’s lack of action as he “sat in his private dining room, watching TV, doing nothing” for “three hours, seven minutes” while the US Capitol was stormed by his followers was “incitement by silence.”

“There has been much debate over whether Trump’s rally speech on Jan. 6, 2021, constituted ‘incitement,’” the editorial staff wrote. “That’s somewhat of a red herring. What matters more — and has become crystal clear in recent days — is that Trump didn’t lift a finger to stop the violence that followed.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/don ... 59863.html
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

For some reason, "unworthy" strikes me as an odd word choice.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

:like:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:04 am tfg did get a Purple Heart gifted to him by some poor deluded veteran. Perhaps he’ll come by a Congressional Medal of Honor similarly.
I guess this makes me an Air Force Academy graduate. Just ignore the fact that it is not my name on the plaque but my uncle's (who graduated two years before I was born). :thumbsup:
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:16 am FWIW
Donald Trump ‘Unworthy to Be This Country’s Chief Executive Again,’ Murdoch-Owned New York Post Declares

Rosemary Rossi
Sat, July 23, 2022 at 11:49 PM

In a short but scathing Saturday op-ed, The New York Post editorial board has said there “is no defense” for Donald Trump’s “refusal to stop the violence” on Jan. 6, adding that the former president “has proven himself unworthy to be this country’s chief executive again.”

The 262-word piece in the Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid cuts through the many layers of information brought to the surface by the Jan. 6 committee and gets right to the point, as they see it: Trump’s lack of action as he “sat in his private dining room, watching TV, doing nothing” for “three hours, seven minutes” while the US Capitol was stormed by his followers was “incitement by silence.”

“There has been much debate over whether Trump’s rally speech on Jan. 6, 2021, constituted ‘incitement,’” the editorial staff wrote. “That’s somewhat of a red herring. What matters more — and has become crystal clear in recent days — is that Trump didn’t lift a finger to stop the violence that followed.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/don ... 59863.html
More than almost any other single thing or person, the cult of Trump was created over 40 years by The New York Post. They can't just publish one op-ed and walk away from the dumpster fire they lit.

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Truth social
Screenshot_20220725-125347-896.png
Screenshot_20220725-125347-896.png (159.43 KiB) Viewed 716 times
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

VOA News:
Just over half of Republicans likely to vote in their party's 2024 presidential primary say that they would prefer someone other than former President Donald Trump as the party's presidential candidate, a poll released on Tuesday by The New York Times and Siena College found.

After identifying Republicans likely to vote in the primary, the survey gave respondents a choice between Trump and five other potential GOP nominees. Only 49% of respondents chose Trump, despite the fact that the former president carried 94% of all Republican votes in the 2020 election, which he lost to current President Joe Biden.

Trump's closest challenger was Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, who was chosen by 25% of respondents. Other potential candidates included Texas Senator Ted Cruz (7%); Trump's one-time running mate, former Vice President Mike Pence (6%); former South Carolina governor and Trump's ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley (6%); and former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo (2%).
https://www.voanews.com/a/poll-fewer-th ... 56498.html
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

neonzx wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:55 pm Truth social

Screenshot_20220725-125347-896.png
That is the Turning Point USA straw poll results. Apparently, Fox and Friends threw some context all over that poll and that other polls are showing DeSantis giving him a run. He be not happy.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Somebody wrote that for him. He doesn't know what outlier means. I'd bet the farm.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

tfg is an outlier.

At least I want him to be.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

His slow descent into irrelevance is going to drive him mad. He'll be like a cross between Nixon talking to the portraits on the walls and George III "speaking for many hours without pause, causing him to foam at the mouth and his voice to become hoarse".

I am totally cool with that.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”