trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

noblepa wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:22 pm Can he arbitrarily re-classify 50k civil servants as political appointees, or reclassify the jobs they are doing, to be filled by appointees?
No one really knows, but following his modus operandi he’ll just do it and fight it out in court. It will take years, and even if he loses he still wins because the vast majority of the people will have had to find other jobs by then and will be less likely to come back.

If he wins in 2024.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I think he'd enjoy trying.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:26 pm
noblepa wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:22 pm Can he arbitrarily re-classify 50k civil servants as political appointees, or reclassify the jobs they are doing, to be filled by appointees?
No one really knows, but following his modus operandi he’ll just do it and fight it out in court. It will take years, and even if he loses he still wins because the vast majority of the people will have had to find other jobs by then and will be less likely to come back.

If he wins in 2024.
There are other ways, of course. I forget which agency it was and don't care enough to look it up, but one agency decided during the Trump Administration that a few thousand jobs in the DC metro area needed, for very important reasons, to be moved to Kansas, within the next 60 days and you could go or you could quit.

I don't even know how it ended, I was so dizzy at the asshole factor by then.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Gregg wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:14 am There are other ways, of course. I forget which agency it was and don't care enough to look it up, but one agency decided during the Trump Administration that a few thousand jobs in the DC metro area needed, for very important reasons, to be moved to Kansas, within the next 60 days and you could go or you could quit.

Yup. He relocated the BLM from DC, where they do their work with Congress, to Grand Junction, Colorado, where they don’t. Nearly 90% quit. Literally.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

June bug wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:54 pm I just know that Bannon’s goal was always to tear everything down and rebuild it to his liking.
I have seen no evidence that he planned to rebuild anything at all. He was planning to kill our democracy and leave it lying in the gutter.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:42 am
June bug wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:54 pm I just know that Bannon’s goal was always to tear everything down and rebuild it to his liking.
I have seen no evidence that he planned to rebuild anything at all. He was planning to kill our democracy and leave it lying in the gutter.
Agreed. And I never knew why. Or how one man could have that giant an ego. And at the same time have a low opinion of himself.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:lol:
Greg Olear cracks me up. One of the segments of his podcast is for songs like this. He writes better than he sings but he don’t care.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
tek

Post by tek »

Trump looked surprised when his supporters loudly booed him at an Arizona rally over his Congress endorsement

Trump was booed by supporters at an Arizona rally after mentioning his endorsement of Congressional candidate Eli Crane.

Trump appeared bewildered by the booing and asked: "But you like me, right?"
https://www.businessinsider.com/video-d ... ent-2022-7
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

If trump "finished" the wall, why is Abbott(?) suing Biden for not finishing the wall?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:29 am If trump "finished" the wall, why is Abbott(?) suing Biden for not finishing the wall?
Trump obviously adopted the novel 1984 as a political instruction manual.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

roadscholar wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:32 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:29 am If trump "finished" the wall, why is Abbott(?) suing Biden for not finishing the wall?
Trump obviously adopted the novel 1984 as a political instruction manual.
I wasn't sure whether to respond with the LMAO emoji or the crying emoji.

This is probably a silly question, but in the above-noted lawsuit, can the defense use a clip of trump saying the wall is finished? (It's not Abbott suing Biden, it's George P Bush, Tx Land Comish)
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

When I went out this morning, #FJBiden was trending on Twitter. Someone said the cult was doing it because the toddler embarrassed himself yesterday. Was it the crowd size? Something he said? The wall is finished nonsense?
raison de arizona

AZ just allocated $335M for building the stupid wall. Since it’s complete, perhaps we can redirect that for education now.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:57 am :lol:
Greg Olear cracks me up. One of the segments of his podcast is for songs like this. He writes better than he sings but he don’t care.
He writes quite well if that's a good example of his abilities That really cracked me up :D
raison de arizona

NY Magazine did a spread on tfg’s new burn book.
0BDA238B-0391-43EB-BBE3-398DFD0C15DD.png
0BDA238B-0391-43EB-BBE3-398DFD0C15DD.png (382.27 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
64C5C838-DBBF-4DBB-BB9C-E2F6CB6EB67F.png
64C5C838-DBBF-4DBB-BB9C-E2F6CB6EB67F.png (502.14 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
1CE102D2-FB5A-452F-87F5-DFE9901ECA4C.png
1CE102D2-FB5A-452F-87F5-DFE9901ECA4C.png (250.55 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
F75A8A79-1E55-4DA6-8652-4F53341EA035.png
F75A8A79-1E55-4DA6-8652-4F53341EA035.png (506.65 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article ... -book.html
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Gregg wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:14 am I forget which agency it was and don't care enough to look it up, but one agency decided during the Trump Administration that a few thousand jobs in the DC metro area needed, for very important reasons, to be moved to Kansas, within the next 60 days and you could go or you could quit.

The USDA. IIRC hundreds of research jobs went infilled when the employees declined to move. The govt signed 15 year leases, making the move costly to unwind.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Don't you usually have to serve in the military to get the congressional medal of honor?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
much ado

Post by much ado »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:53 pm Don't you usually have to serve in the military to get the congressional medal of honor?
Yes. From the official web site...
The Medal of Honor is the United States' highest award for military valor in action. And while over 150 years have passed since its inception, the meaning behind the Medal has never tarnished. Etched within are the very values that each Recipient displayed in the moments that mattered—bravery, courage, sacrifice, integrity. A deep love of country and a desire to always do what is right.

A distinguished award presented only to the deserving, the Medal tells a story of its own.
https://www.cmohs.org/medal

I don't know why Trump is not a laughing stock for that. What an idiot.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

much ado wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:03 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:53 pm Don't you usually have to serve in the military to get the congressional medal of honor?
The Medal of Honor is the United States' highest award for military valor in action. And while over 150 years have passed since its inception, the meaning behind the Medal has never tarnished. Etched within are the very values that each Recipient displayed in the moments that mattered—bravery, courage, sacrifice, integrity. A deep love of country and a desire to always do what is right.

A distinguished award presented only to the deserving, the Medal tells a story of its own.

Yes, and it's not a participation prize obviously even for service.

I imagine some big, burly veterans walked up to him with tears in their eyes, telling him no one deserves it more than he.

(Also, he's so out of it he could have meant the presidential medal of freedom he handed out like lollipops to a motley crew of seditious losers.)
Domenico

Post by Domenico »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:10 pm
much ado wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:03 pm

Yes, and it's not a participation prize obviously even for service.

I imagine some big, burly veterans walked up to him with tears in their eyes, telling him no one deserves it more than he.

(Also, he's so out of it he could have meant the presidential medal of freedom he handed out like lollipops to a motley crew of seditious losers.)
I agree that he probably mentioned the wrong medal, but there is this (from the intertoobz):

"Eight civilians have received the medal of honor, which is typically only given to members of the US military. Since 1861, 3,513 individuals have received the medal of honor. The eight civilians to receive the medal of honor were mostly scouts during the civil war."

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”