trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
SuzieC
Verified:

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by SuzieC »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:34 pm tfg's postponed AZ stumping speech is later today, he's supported Kelli what's-her-name, but I imagine all his speech will be cry me a river over the mean J6 people. CNN says Pence is also in AZ today speaking to support the other R candidate for governor.
Where is he speaking? It's 105 degrees in some parts of Arizona today.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:57 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:34 pm tfg's postponed AZ stumping speech is later today, he's supported Kelli what's-her-name, but I imagine all his speech will be cry me a river over the mean J6 people. CNN says Pence is also in AZ today speaking to support the other R candidate for governor.
Where is he speaking? It's 105 degrees in some parts of Arizona today.
It's 111 right now at my house in Phx, on its way to 115. tfg rally is up north of here in Prescott Valley, it's about 15 degrees cooler.

The crazies are out.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Is the rally indoors or outdoors?

It is 88 here and I am finding that uncomfortable.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Volkonski wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:30 pm Is the rally indoors or outdoors?

It is 88 here and I am finding that uncomfortable.
Indoors, about 6k seats, and the city is footing the bills for everything. Because good luck getting tfg to put up any dollars.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

I guess 6000 seats would look fairly large on television. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Volkonski wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:37 pm I guess 6000 seats would look fairly large on television. ;)
It's possible I have 4 or 8 tickets. I fergit. The max it would let me reserve. :whistle:
raison de arizona

T-minus seven hours at the time this was taken. The rubes are lining up.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Is it me, or are his venues getting smaller and smaller? Is this a post-Tulsa phenom?
raison de arizona

Seems like it. Here's hoping they burn this in effigy.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:58 am https://www.axios.com/2022/07/22/trump- ... econd-term
Former President Trump’s top allies are preparing to radically reshape the federal government if he is re-elected, purging potentially thousands of civil servants and filling career posts with loyalists to him and his "America First” ideology, people involved in the discussions tell Axios.
They can "prepare" all they want, but some of us remember he couldn't halfway fill the government as he simply was not getting applications, and those that did come in were turfed out in 6 months for failing some loyalty test or other. There is nothing here he didn't try and do before, and he catastrophically failed at it.
Most spoke on condition of anonymity to describe sensitive planning and avoid Trump’s ire.
Bull. Shit. GROPUS was probably in the next room screaming "REMEMBER TO SAY WE WON IN 2020!!" This was obviously put out by Tlump himself to feed the publicity around him and generate buzz.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:13 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:58 am https://www.axios.com/2022/07/22/trump- ... econd-term
Former President Trump’s top allies are preparing to radically reshape the federal government if he is re-elected, purging potentially thousands of civil servants and filling career posts with loyalists to him and his "America First” ideology, people involved in the discussions tell Axios.
They can "prepare" all they want, but some of us remember he couldn't halfway fill the government as he simply was not getting applications, and those that did come in were turfed out in 6 months for failing some loyalty test or other. There is nothing here he didn't try and do before, and he catastrophically failed at it.
You have a point. That said, he You're Fired over 4k when he came in, and then only filled 2k. He _said_ that it was because the other 2k+ were wasteful and we didn't need them, but that is questionable. As in, maybe he just couldn't fill them. But anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if he were to You're Fired those 50k, and then just leave it empty. Because he likes to screw everything up.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:42 pm T-minus seven hours at the time this was taken. The rubes are lining up.
https://twitter.com/baldwin_daniel_/sta ... 1113872384
Well that was an interesting shot of a Couple of Hundred people.

The thing is, Hump probably has a couple of thousand people who follow him around or whom he pays 50 bucks to turn up to every rally. These bulk up the numbers. But ya he got 8000 people at the Tulsa rally, and that was his massive return to rallying rallying rally with maximum buzz, and that was a 15,000 seat place that he wanted heaving with people. 6000 is definitely an admission that he cant get many local people to turn up.

And those that do are gong to listen to 3 hours of him crying his eyes out today. Why bother?
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I would write in Emmanuel Todd Lopez before I'd vote for tfg.
raison de arizona

Big Mike is in the house.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:21 pm I would write in Emmanuel Todd Lopez before I'd vote for tfg.
I don't know, we've already seen that Emmanuel likewise chooses violence. Plus is he even old enough to be eligible?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:43 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:21 pm I would write in Emmanuel Todd Lopez before I'd vote for tfg.
I don't know, we've already seen that Emmanuel likewise chooses violence. Plus is he even old enough to be eligible?
Emmanuel see his reflection in the lens and pecks at it like any bird would. Can't blame him for that.

Plus, he has tiny wings.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Looks very hot standing in the sun waiting for the venue to open.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:53 pm Looks very hot standing in the sun waiting for the venue to open.
Hot, thirsty, and the reward is a whiny toddler.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

So.. they get what they deserve
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:32 pm
Azastan wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:03 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:53 pm

This is chilling and scary. He's talking about reclassifying another 50k federal workers in key positions as political appointees over the normal ~4k political appointees, shit-canning them, and replacing them with MAGA loyalists. This would be devastating to the functioning of the federal government. Which I suppose is the point.
It's also patronage, which apparently is technically not illegal. However, interestingly, the Hatch Act restricts federal employee's ability to engage in political activity. So install your political supporters to reward them, and restrain the proles from complaining about it.
But also prosecute the Hatch Act violations selectively so your loyalists can still work to elect your allies and downticket minions.
For all practical purposes, Kellyanne Conway and Princess Complicit repealed the Hatch Act.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Gregg wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:56 pm For all practical purposes, Kellyanne Conway and Princess Complicit repealed the Hatch Act.
Only for Rs, I suspect.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:56 pm

For all practical purposes, Kellyanne Conway and Princess Complicit repealed the Hatch Act.
They aren't proles.

The Hatch Act is most definitely used against federal employees when upper management feels that it suits their purpose.
wavey davey

Post by wavey davey »

June bug wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:00 pm I’m thinking “Schedule F” has Bannon’s prints all over it.
To me it sounds like a Stephen Miller brain child. He was behind so many of the evil schemes.
Image Image ImageImage
June bug

Post by June bug »

wavey davey wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:47 pm
June bug wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:00 pm I’m thinking “Schedule F” has Bannon’s prints all over it.
To me it sounds like a Stephen Miller brain child. He was behind so many of the evil schemes.
:wave: Hi wavey!

Maybe they co-authored it. I just know that Bannon’s goal was always to tear everything down and rebuild it to his liking.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:18 pm
Suranis wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:13 pm
You have a point. That said, he You're Fired over 4k when he came in, and then only filled 2k. He _said_ that it was because the other 2k+ were wasteful and we didn't need them, but that is questionable. As in, maybe he just couldn't fill them. But anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if he were to You're Fired those 50k, and then just leave it empty. Because he likes to screw everything up.
I may be wrong, of course, but it is my understanding that he can't simply fire federal employees who are covered by civil service and are not political appointees, can he.

Can he arbitrarily re-classify 50k civil servants as political appointees, or reclassify the jobs they are doing, to be filled by appointees?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”