trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

:lol:
Poker and Politics @PokerPolitics wrote: Good to see the "Post any crap you want under a "Trump" header and see if people will fall for it" challenge is off to a great start.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:15 am IIRC, he got special permission from the township/borough/whatever some time ago for there to be a family cemetery there. I think it's the first I've heard there was one for others to use.
He wanted somewhere that the public couldn’t go to piss on his grave.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

He probably had a vague idea of charging people for packages to be buried on the TRUMP SOIL.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:28 pm :lol:
Poker and Politics @PokerPolitics wrote: Good to see the "Post any crap you want under a "Trump" header and see if people will fall for it" challenge is off to a great start.
I was mostly just stunned at the boner Wendy Rogers had thinking he actually wrote that.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:33 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:15 am IIRC, he got special permission from the township/borough/whatever some time ago for there to be a family cemetery there. I think it's the first I've heard there was one for others to use.
He wanted somewhere that the public couldn’t go to piss on his grave.
He has seriously underestimated human ingenuity.

I am prepared to have a drone fly over the tomb and dump a bucket of my urine if that is what it takes. :superhero:

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:30 pm Image
that must be one of the servants, no gold on the coffin.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

The evidence he didn't write that? Getting distracted from his own preciousssss self by mentioning Ferrigno. Too much of a digression for him.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Documents detail the secret strategy behind Trump's census citizenship question push

HANSI LO WANG
Updated July 20, 20223:44 PM ET

Former President Donald Trump's administration spent years trying to add a census citizenship question as part of a secret strategy for altering the population numbers used to divide up seats in Congress and the Electoral College, internal documents released Wednesday by the House Oversight and Reform Committee confirm.

Long kept from the public, the Trump administration memos and emails were disclosed by lawmakers following a more than two-year legal fight that began after Trump officials refused to turn them over for a congressional investigation. Citing the "exceptional circumstances" of the case, the Biden administration, which inherited the lawsuit last year, agreed to allow House oversight committee members and their staff to review the documents.

The hotly contested question — "Is this a person a citizen of the United States?" — ultimately did not end up on the 2020 census forms. In 2019, the Supreme Court blocked the Trump administration's unprecedented efforts after finding its use of the Voting Rights Act as the stated reasoning for the question "seems to have been contrived," as Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in the majority opinion.

Before Trump eventually released a presidential memo in 2020 calling for the unprecedented exclusion of unauthorized immigrants from a key set of census numbers, earlier releases of internal documents and public statements by Trump officials signaled their interest in using citizenship data to try to break with more than two centuries of precedent in how congressional seats and Electoral College votes are redistributed among the states.

Still, the newly disclosed documents provide a detailed look into some of the early behind-the-scenes discussions at a time when Trump officials were focused on keeping their plans under wraps.

The documents' release, along with a new report by the House oversight committee, comes as Congress considers a House bill that could help shield upcoming national head counts from the kind of interference that saddled the 2020 census during the Trump administration.

https:// www.npr.org/2022/07/20/1044944618/censu ... -committee
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:05 pm You can't tell me this is what she wanted
“She was a par 3”
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:

Sorry.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/22/trump- ... econd-term
Former President Trump’s top allies are preparing to radically reshape the federal government if he is re-elected, purging potentially thousands of civil servants and filling career posts with loyalists to him and his "America First” ideology, people involved in the discussions tell Axios.

The impact could go well beyond typical conservative targets such as the Environmental Protection Agency and the Internal Revenue Service. Trump allies are working on plans that would potentially strip layers at the Justice Department — including the FBI, and reaching into national security, intelligence, the State Department and the Pentagon, sources close to the former president say.

During his presidency, Trump often complained about what he called “the deep state.”

The heart of the plan is derived from an executive order known as “Schedule F,” developed and refined in secret over most of the second half of Trump’s term and launched 13 days before the 2020 election.

The reporting for this series draws on extensive interviews over a period of more than three months with more than two dozen people close to the former president, and others who have firsthand knowledge of the work underway to prepare for a potential second term. Most spoke on condition of anonymity to describe sensitive planning and avoid Trump’s ire.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Yestahday all my twubles seemta ... cut

Yestahda awl my twubles seem tabe so fah away ... cut

Yestahdayyy ... cut
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Where is video of tfg struggling with “yesterday”?
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:48 pm Where is video of tfg struggling with “yesterday”?
Hil.i.am 🇺🇦 @hilaryluros wrote: “Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so covfefe…”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:04 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:48 pm Where is video of tfg struggling with “yesterday”?
I saw the comments but not the video.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:29 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:04 pm
I saw the comments but not the video.

@1:05
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:58 am https://www.axios.com/2022/07/22/trump- ... econd-term
Former President Trump’s top allies are preparing to radically reshape the federal government if he is re-elected, purging potentially thousands of civil servants and filling career posts with loyalists to him and his "America First” ideology, people involved in the discussions tell Axios.

The impact could go well beyond typical conservative targets such as the Environmental Protection Agency and the Internal Revenue Service. Trump allies are working on plans that would potentially strip layers at the Justice Department — including the FBI, and reaching into national security, intelligence, the State Department and the Pentagon, sources close to the former president say.

During his presidency, Trump often complained about what he called “the deep state.”

The heart of the plan is derived from an executive order known as “Schedule F,” developed and refined in secret over most of the second half of Trump’s term and launched 13 days before the 2020 election.

The reporting for this series draws on extensive interviews over a period of more than three months with more than two dozen people close to the former president, and others who have firsthand knowledge of the work underway to prepare for a potential second term. Most spoke on condition of anonymity to describe sensitive planning and avoid Trump’s ire.
This is chilling and scary. He's talking about reclassifying another 50k federal workers in key positions as political appointees over the normal ~4k political appointees, shit-canning them, and replacing them with MAGA loyalists. This would be devastating to the functioning of the federal government. Which I suppose is the point.
June bug

Post by June bug »

I’m thinking “Schedule F” has Bannon’s prints all over it.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:53 pm

This is chilling and scary. He's talking about reclassifying another 50k federal workers in key positions as political appointees over the normal ~4k political appointees, shit-canning them, and replacing them with MAGA loyalists. This would be devastating to the functioning of the federal government. Which I suppose is the point.
It's also patronage, which apparently is technically not illegal. However, interestingly, the Hatch Act restricts federal employee's ability to engage in political activity. So install your political supporters to reward them, and restrain the proles from complaining about it.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Azastan wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:03 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:53 pm

It's also patronage, which apparently is technically not illegal. However, interestingly, the Hatch Act restricts federal employee's ability to engage in political activity. So install your political supporters to reward them, and restrain the proles from complaining about it.
But also prosecute the Hatch Act violations selectively so your loyalists can still work to elect your allies and downticket minions.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

tfg's postponed AZ stumping speech is later today, he's supported Kelli what's-her-name, but I imagine all his speech will be cry me a river over the mean J6 people. CNN says Pence is also in AZ today speaking to support the other R candidate for governor.
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:34 pm tfg's postponed AZ stumping speech is later today, he's supported Kelli what's-her-name, but I imagine all his speech will be cry me a river over the mean J6 people. CNN says Pence is also in AZ today speaking to support the other R candidate for governor.
tfg is for Kari Lake, Pence is for Karrin Taylor Robson, who is the only Republican candidate for governor that doesn't support the Big Lie.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”