January 6 Select Committee

New Turtle

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by New Turtle »

They're gonna play the outtakes of the video message that was released telling them to go home. I have a feeling it will be Trump going off script and ranting about having to do this.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

New Turtle wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:33 am They're gonna play the outtakes of the video message that was released telling them to go home. I have a feeling it will be Trump going off script and ranting about having to do this.
I think its the outtakes from his Jan 7 CYA video.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Suranis wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:11 am Even the Papal Swiss Guard in Rome is filled with assholes.
yeah, but they dress better and get to carry pikes.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Whelp, that’s one thing tfg was right about: the swamp runs deep.
Secret Service watchdog knew in February that texts had been purged

A watchdog agency learned in February that the Secret Service had purged nearly all cellphone texts from around the time of the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, but chose not to alert Congress, according to three people briefed on the internal discussions.

That watchdog agency, the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Inspector General, also prepared in October 2021 to issue a public alert that the Secret Service and other department divisions were stonewalling it on requests for records and texts surrounding the attack on the Capitol, but did not do so, the people briefed on the matter said. They spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive internal investigations.
:snippity:
“Four House committees had already sought these critical records from the Department of Homeland Security before the records were apparently lost,” they said. “Additionally, the procedure for preserving content prior to this purge appears to have been contrary to federal records retention requirements and may represent a possible violation of the Federal Records Act.”
:snippity:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... -archives/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Everyone of these guys should be fired including the director and any deputies.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

APPROVED!!!
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:25 am Everyone of these guys should be fired including the director and any deputies.
And charged. Lock ‘em up!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:waiting:

8 PM
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:27 pm
:fiesta:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:31 pm :waiting:

8 PM
You and me both. And imma outa popcorn. Need supplies. Maybe I can DoorDash.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

neonzx wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:42 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:31 pm :waiting:

8 PM
You and me both. And imma outa popcorn. Need supplies. Maybe I can DoorDash.
Me three. I wish I was busier at work today to keep me distracted :faint:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

That probably means they can issue a Warrant to the service provider to hand over any copies of those tects on their servers.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Rep Lofgren (sp?) was just on Deadline Whitehouse. She's cagey as always, but we did hear that Secret Service has retained private counsel, and it sounds like it's fairly recent. I'm not clear if SS as an agency got private counsel or individual agents are lawyering up. Sounded like there's something about that coming out tonight. :popcorn:

:waiting:
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Are there any criminal defense attorneys left in the DMV area?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

He was watching TV and eating hamberders
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Volkonski wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:29 pm
They lawyered up
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

we’re gonna need a bigger popcorn popper
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

One more hour :waiting:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:popcorn:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... t-1386264/

The day after the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, then-President Trump released a video finally, reluctantly agreeing to a transfer of power to the “new” Biden administration. As soon as two days after the release of the White House video, however, Donald Trump wanted a mulligan.

A person with direct knowledge of the matter tells Rolling Stone that Trump told aides who were sticking by him that he wanted to deliver another speech to the nation, one in which he would double-down on the lie that the 2020 presidential election was “stolen” via “fraud.”

The re-do speech, which Trump envisioned as a primetime address, would have been a tonal 180 from the video the White House posted the day following the Trump-inspired mob assault. The source adds that the president would have directly attacked the legitimacy of Joe Biden’s incoming administration, and vowed to supporters that he would continue “fighting” for them.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Ahead of tonight's Jan. 6 public hearing,
@MacFarlaneNews
breaks down the warnings fmr. Pres. Trump received from others urging him to condemn the violence, as the Capitol attack unfolded.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Season 1's Cliffhanger Finale, Episode 8*, is starting. MSNBC just reported via Ali Vitale there with be THREE MORE J6 HEARINGS in September! Considering there's an avalanche of new information (including Secret Service texts) and that folks are away in August, have heard from DC friends for a while there would be more after Labor Day. Looks like it's going to happen. Liz Cheney apparently will announce it tonight**. Here we go... Here's a site with free MSNBC & other news channels: https://ustvgo.tv/msnbc/

**UPDATE: Confirmed by Chairman Thompson in opening remarks 8:07pm -- Season 2 is confirmed for September!

* Liz is saying tonight is Episode 9, she said it twice, but think it's just Episode 8. Sort of strange.

OR... Join Foggy to watch Mike Lindell live on RSBN talking about Kari Lake v. Katie Hobbs in AZ over their grand slam breakfast injunction over voting machines. Counter programming, baby. :lol: :towel:

Bonus: Parody of Gilligan's Island theme song with T**** & Co.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”