Steve Bannon

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kendra

Re: Steve Bannon

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

In a late-night court filing, STEVE BANNON once again asks that the charges against him be dismissed - days before his trial begins on Mon.

He argues in part that because he is barred from calling Congressional witnesses, he can't mount a proper defense.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

This lawyer is busier than a death row lawyer on execution day.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Justice Dept asks court to reject Steve Bannon's (latest) motion to dismiss his criminal case

Feds argue Bannon "ignores the court’s rulings on what is relevant at trial"... and "recycles a large amount of irrelevant material"

Trial begins Monday
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Monday morning, Steve.

Tick. Tick. Tick. :mrgreen:

You ready, broham? :daydreaming:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I wouldn't want to be Steve Bannon's lawyer for many reasons one being how difficult it would be to sit next to his stonky self in a courtroom.

"Stonky" is now added to the Fogbow lexicon. Attribution goes to my youngest grandgurll who coined the phrase when she was three.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Oh, the irony! Bannon's trial is in the Prettyman courthouse. :lol:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:03 am I wouldn't want to be Steve Bannon's lawyer for many reasons one being how difficult it would be to sit next to his stonky self in a courtroom.

"Stonky" is now added to the Fogbow lexicon. Attribution goes to my youngest grandgurll who coined the phrase when she was three.
Shirley his lawyers ordered him to take his weekly shower before the trial. And put on three clean shirts.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:03 am I wouldn't want to be Steve Bannon's lawyer for many reasons one being how difficult it would be to sit next to his stonky self in a courtroom.

Approved!
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

SuzieC wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:35 am And put on three clean shirts.
This is an important public appearance.

He's gonna wear four black shirts with collars, one right on top of the next.

He's a trendsetter, that guy. :towel:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

We’ve got three jurors qualified so far. Need to get to 22. Judge is taking the bench again shortly and we’ll hear from more potential jurors.

Coverage will be much better during the actual trial, when reporters can cover a feed from the media room. Live tweeting impossible now.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

There’s a D.C. journalist (known to many of us in the Bannon trial press corps) who is still set to be questioned. Will almost certainly be disqualified, but will be very fun to watch.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

What's the worst he faces if found guilty? A wrist slap?
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:36 am

Approved!
so what does he smell like?

i’m thinking it’s a mix of stale booze sweat, mothballs from the jacket, topped off by scent that you will not be able to figure out if it’s halitosis or a crusty butt nugget.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:56 pm What's the worst he faces if found guilty? A wrist slap?
30 days min, up to a year in the jailhouse.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:11 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:56 pm What's the worst he faces if found guilty? A wrist slap?
A year would be good. Help make up for that pardon for stealing for the so-called "wall."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New: Judge Nichols instructs 22 qualified jurors in Bannon’s contempt of Congress trial to not read about or mention the case — we will be back tomorrow morning at 9a ET to seat a 14-person jury
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Husband and I thoroughly enjoyed Bannon's appearance on NBC Nightly News tonight. As Pete Williams ran through the defenses he was denied:

No executive privilege because he was not a government employee and
Trump was not the executive and
Trump's lawyer did not assert the privilege

We hooted and hollered and husband said he would have been better off to claim he was extremely high all the time, drunk, and in a fog of marijuana smoke.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I'm dying :rotflmao:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Me too, and I really needed the laugh. Thanks!
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:12 pm
A year would be good. Help make up for that pardon for stealing for the so-called "wall."
He won't see a year. Looking at the sentencing guidelines (granted, a great mystery which I will always get wrong), the most he could get is sixth months. This is based on the assumption that he does not have a criminal history and no other upward departures (and an upward departure for, "If the offense resulted in substantial interference with the administration of justice, increase by 3 level", would not take him up though may cause the judge to pick a higher one). Since 30 days is a statutory minimum, and this is not one of the drug offenses where they yanked the statutory minimum, my WAG is he gets 30 days, no more. He could get probation for part of it, I guess, but I don't know if probation can be used to replace a statutory minimum.

Obviously, he can't get more time because of the charge he was pardoned for. No conviction so it is not part of the criminal history calculation.
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

northland10 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:41 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:12 pm
He won't see a year. Looking at the sentencing guidelines (granted, a great mystery which I will always get wrong), the most he could get is sixth months. This is based on the assumption that he does not have a criminal history and no other upward departures (and an upward departure for, "If the offense resulted in substantial interference with the administration of justice, increase by 3 level", would not take him up though may cause the judge to pick a higher one). Since 30 days is a statutory minimum, and this is not one of the drug offenses where they yanked the statutory minimum, my WAG is he gets 30 days, no more. He could get probation for part of it, I guess, but I don't know if probation can be used to replace a statutory minimum.

Obviously, he can't get more time because of the charge he was pardoned for. No conviction so it is not part of the criminal history calculation.
Yep, just saying it as a moral makeup, not as an actual one.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”