January 6 Select Committee

Wendybird

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Wendybird »

Hah! That makes total sense. Thank you!!!!
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Russia, if you’re listening, could ya find the missing text messages?

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-secret ... to-retire/
Washington — U.S. Secret Service Director James M. Murray will retire from his post at the end of the month, after a 32-year career in the federal government and three years at the helm of the agency.
Great timing.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:47 pm https://www.cbsnews.com/news/u-s-secret ... to-retire/
Washington — U.S. Secret Service Director James M. Murray will retire from his post at the end of the month, after a 32-year career in the federal government and three years at the helm of the agency.
Great timing.
If he’s quick he can get to somewhere that doesn’t have an extradition treaty with the US.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

You know, I would have thought that keeping the Text logs of one of the most significant weekends in DC history safe from "accidents" might be a priority. Especially when you were around a significant player in said crimes.

Just saying.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

FLASH: House Jan 6 Select Committee subpoenas Secret Service text messages that were being sought by Homeland Security internal watchdog
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Thursday's hearing will be co-lead by Adam Kinzinger. Secret Service contradicted themselves and said they didn't delete all the texts and said they still had some of them from those days. January 6th committee sent over a subpoena for those text for Tuesday deadline. Thursday's hearing will be around what happened between when Trump made his speech and the video at night telling his suppoters to go home. It's going to focus on what Trump and the administration was doing during that time. Kinzinger says it's going to be eye opening.

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Gregg wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:09 pm If you need a program to keep up, let me know. I have spares.
:callonme:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:39 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:09 pm If you need a program to keep up, let me know. I have spares.
:callonme:

The Walrus was Paul

:thumbsup:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Suranis wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:14 am You know, I would have thought that keeping the Text logs of one of the most significant weekends in DC history safe from "accidents" might be a priority. Especially when you were around a significant player in said crimes.

Just saying.
Unless you, too, were a "player".
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New: Jan. 6 committee continues to investigate the 18 December 2020 meeting — committee counsel interviewed participant Patrick Byrne on Friday and is expected to interview the former Trump aide Garrett Ziegler who let Flynn-Powell-Byrne into the White House on Tuesday
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Per my
@CBSNews
colleagues... former Peter Navarro aide Garrett Ziegler has arrived at the House Jan 6 Committee offices

ALERT: Jan 6 Committee chair Bennie Thompson (D-MS) announces he's tested positive for COVID.
Jan 6 Committee spokesman: "While Chairman Thompson is disappointed with his COVID diagnosis, he has instructed the Select Committee to proceed with Thursday evening’s hearing..."
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ice-texts/
The U.S. Secret Service has determined it has no new texts to provide Congress relevant to its Jan. 6 investigation, and that any other texts its agents exchanged around the time of the 2021 attack on the Capitol were purged, according to a senior official briefed on the matter.

Also, the National Archives on Tuesday sought more information on “the potential unauthorized deletion” of agency text messages. The U.S. government’s chief record-keeper asked the Secret Service to report back to the Archives within 30 days about the deletion of any records, including describing what was purged and the circumstances of how the documentation was lost.

The law enforcement agency, whose agents have been embroiled in the Jan. 6 investigation because of their role shadowing and planning President Donald Trump’s movements that day, is expected to share this conclusion with the Jan. 6 committee in response to its Friday subpoena for texts and other records.
= 18 minutes?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
tek

Post by tek »

They were deleted!
They were not deleted!
They were deleted!

:bored:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

They are sure experts at moving the goal posts.

Irony with the missing US Secret Service texts from 5 January and 6 January 2021 is that their cyber forensics team is considered by top current and former US Attorneys as the best in the business — and if anyone could reconstruct lost texts, they could.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

...if they wanted to.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:yeahthat:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

BUTTER MAILS!!!!
tek

Post by tek »

Apparently none of the idiots were alive in 1974...

It ain't the crime that gets ya, it's the cover-up. And for 'smart' 'law enforcement' they seem kinda like the Keystone Kops with their cover-up..
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

They seem keen to take protection of “their” President to include protecting him for legal ramifications of staging a coup.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I suspect this will not be the end of the Secret Service email saga.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Peter Strzok and Lisa Page have entered the chat
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

A non-blue check tweeted that many Secret Service agents were pro-Trump and in the "we was robbed" crowd on social media without citing sources, and I think I saw this because someone more well known retweeted it. I blew it off as BS from a questionable account. I wondered if Secret Service would have personal Facebook accounts, and how would you know they were Secret Service, not to mention it was just stupid. But yannow their behavior ain't helpin' none, as dad would have said.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

From what I saw on MSNBC tonight, apparently the Secret Service left it up to the individual agents if there was anything on their phones that needed to be saved, and somehow, none of them found anything they thought was worthy of preservation.

Uh, yeah...

Philip Baker from WaPo reported that anything that was ever stored in iCloud is recoverable, so he seems to think the story isn't over yet.

I'm just disappointed in and frustrated by the Secret Service's handling of this. I've long thought they were one of the better services (better being relative, of course), but that view is quickly changing.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”