George Floyd Protests: White Supremacists Posing as Antifa

Whatever4

Re: George Floyd Protests: White Supremacists Posing as Antifa

Post by Whatever4 »

My housekeeper in Central PA is all a-flutter over the Antifas targeting her rural area. She and her neighbors are going to sit on their porches with their guns to protect everyone. They are terrified that the protest in Clearfield will spill over. (7 miles away. 100 showed up for the protest tonight.)
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

"Please pray for New Orleans today. I'm not going to spread a bunch of propaganda, I'm just going to tell you what I know. We have had swarms of people between the ages of 18 and 25 check into hotels all around the French Quarter and the CBD, for one night only. One major hotel has had more check-ins for one night than they have in 10 months. In other words, we have antagonists that have entered our City. Pretty sure y'all can all guess why. There have been bricks, (some that my aunt/neighbor found) positioned all around, in bushes and trash cans Etc. Some of the major hotels have also found bricks stashed in bushes in front of their establishments. People are working to recover those. I will be working this morning to locate and get rid of the ones that are in my part of the neighborhood. So what I'm trying to say. There are extremists that are going to try to "burn New Orleans down". And that was a real threat. Please pray for all authority that's having to deal with this today. The residents. The business owners. We are all boarding up and closing at 4 today. Pray for everybody that is peacefully protesting that they don't get caught up/hurt by the extreme behavior."
This is only one of many posts today from my friends in NOLA. They all followed basically the same script. "Someone told me.." or "I heard someone say..." None were from original sources, just second- and third-hand reports. Photos of cops walking with bricks around Jackson Square with claims they found them hidden in the bushes. It's New Orleans people! The city is a gazillion years old so OF COURSE there are loose bricks in an area that has a lot of brick sidewalks. I did have to laugh at all the people who offered to come pick them up to use in their garden, though.

Even with people who ACTUALLY work in the hotels and museums chiming in that they knew nothing about closing early (other than the usual storm prep) and no weird hotel check-ins, the rumors got out of hand. At least 2 of my friends who posted similar took their posts down after being questioned about the veracity of them. Too many red flags and hearsay, but they got angry at being questioned and deleted posts. Reports this morning are that they had another perfectly peaceful protest last night, but I wonder how many people stayed home out of fear of trouble.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Reminds me of the stories of people shooting up water towers that they thought were Martian walkers.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Hood River Co Sheriff acted on information from a "credible source" that antifa was coming to their city, rallied the troops, and waited one whole evening this last week for those darn protestors to come loot and pillage. Nada. Bupkis. Walmart closed early, boarding up their entrance to ensure their survival. The rest of Hood River took a more jaundiced view, and steeled themselves for the worst. It's an agricultural county slowly becoming a playground for Portland, and they've had some experience with rowdy crowds.

Lars Larsen, aka The Mouth of the Columbia, Portland's Limbaugh clone on Fox Radio, this week actively repeated "reports from social media" about antifa "taking it to the neighborhoods". That was enough for a couple listeners in my office to take Thursday and Friday off for fear their personal vehicles would be damaged because of our proximity to downtown. It's laughable considering all the years we've had antifa in Portland, we've had zero incidences of violence except when outside factors come in to whack the hornet's nest, like our local antagonist Joey Gibson. So called antifa are mostly cosplay warriors and the last vestiges of the Goth era who appreciate a spirited evening of dope, beer and nachos over trading punches with police and the public. They would rather get a tattoo saying they will fight than actually fight beyond "raising awareness" with a march and posting some harshly worded comments on social media.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:01 am
"Please pray for New Orleans today. I'm not going to spread a bunch of propaganda, I'm just going to tell you what I know.
Is this what they call "irony"?

I am sad to report that the buddy I grew up with like a shadow and whose right leaning has degenerated over the years into full cray cray posted a response to a Facebook post by a third school friend (also a cult member) that "antifa" is out to destroy America, funded by "George Soros." Someone I don't know answered this with "WTF is wrong with you?" and a pretty neat takedown, at least. I hid the conversation because it's tragic how Fox News, OANN, et al, ate the brains of people who used to be sane and decent. I don't think these guys are aware "George Soros" is an anti-Semitic dog whistle. They repeat this stuff with the confidence of people in the throes of Dunning-Kruger effect.

Addie

Post by Addie »

ABC News: 2 men from Ohio busted with cache of weapons during NYC protests

Authorities are praising the protesters -- whose tip helped police catch two men from Ohio, who were looking to incite violence in New York City.

It was protesters marching in the streets who called police.

The driver of a car with Ohio license plates was spotted with a machete just blocks from a demonstration.

"They said, 'this is not right, something's wrong with this picture'," 84th Precinct Executive Officer Capt. Melody Robinson said.

Robinson says officers quickly tracked down the car and approached the driver and his passenger, who surrendered without incident.

But a search of the car left them stunned. A cache of weapons and tools to carry out an attack were found.

"Different types of knives and weapons," Robinson said. "Point-to-point radios, gas masks. All types of different things that you won't bring to a peaceful protest." ...

Tonight, authorities are praising the demonstrators who came forward, in an act that is not unlike many we have seen in recent days. Protesters protecting lives, property and the cause, itself.

"I commend the peaceful protesters that actually saw something and they said something," Robinson said. "You know we need more of that in this city, so we can come together as one. They definitely saved lives."
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

PS. I have it on good authority that antifa is preparing to launch a massive bio-chemical attack. They have been recently seen marching with large containers of dihydrogen monoxide.

:twisted:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:01 am
PS. I have it on good authority that antifa is preparing to launch a massive bio-chemical attack. They have been recently seen marching with large containers of dihydrogen monoxide.

That stuff is deadly!

tek

Post by tek »

There are rumors that some protesters have also been spotted with gas canisters..
can-of-beans.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's no way back
from there to here

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

RTH10260 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:01 am

In my vast counter protest experience, you can use lawn and leaf plastic sacks to protect yourself from dihydrogen monoxide injury. They are thicker than standard trash bags, and DM sheds off easily.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Why did this Facebook account steer gun lovers, George Floyd protesters to the same spot?

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/invest ... 82791.html
Word spread quickly across social media platforms. A Facebook account with the username Scobo had sent community invites for competing events. It invited Pennsylvanians to a gun-rights rally on June 8, 10 a.m. in the capital city of Harrisburg. Separately, he also invited Pennsylvanians to a rally in memory of George Floyd — same place, same day and same time.

Who invited groups seemingly in conflict to march this coming Monday, amid tension and with the potential for bloodshed? Russia?After all it had promoted fake election rallies in 2016 that led people to the streets in Florida and Texas. Radical anarchists?

The answer isn’t entirely clear yet. It appears to be tied to sympathizers of a splinter offshoot of the libertarian movement, so-called agorists who are mostly young males who are anti-police and pro-gun. And they’ve taken up as a martyr to their cause Duncan Lemp, a young Potomac, Maryland, man killed on March 12 during a largely unexplained police raid on his home.

Across the nation, young men rallying against government COVID-19 shutdowns have used Lemp’s name when detained. On his Instagram page, which remains active, the late Lemp posted under his handle @yungquant references to the Boogaloo network, a right-wing group that was targeted in FBI arrests in Nevada this week.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Real nice. Glad it was detected. Hopefully people from both communties understand it was misleading, and to not attend.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Who are these men ? What Law Enforcement agency are they with? Where are the badges, insignia, and names? Many of them are obese and unfit. The facial hair is unusual for Federal Officers. This is an urgent matter. This is not ok in America. We do not have secret police here

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Kendra wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:35 pm
Who are these men ? What Law Enforcement agency are they with? Where are the badges, insignia, and names? Many of them are obese and unfit. The facial hair is unusual for Federal Officers. This is an urgent matter. This is not ok in America. We do not have secret police here
they are Trump’s Donut Patrol.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Chilidog wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:40 pm

they are Trump’s Donut Patrol.
I was gonna say similar. Many of them are overweight.
They are also all Caucasian. :?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Anyones guess what would happen if someone were to say "Excuse me sir, you are standing in my way" and try to pass thru the rows? Of course wearing a camera of his own as these thugs do not seem carry such hardware. And when challenged ask them if they were police on public space?

PS. Obamacare coverage would be advised.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:58 pm
Anyones guess what would happen if someone were to say "Excuse me sir, you are standing in my way" and try to pass thru the rows? Of course wearing a camera of his own as these thugs do not seem carry such hardware. And when challenged ask them if they were police on public space?

PS. Obamacare coverage would be advised.
Life insurance and beneficiary updated.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Someone said mercenaries, but they look like Bundy-style cosplayers to me.

(Autocorrect wanted "Bunny-style.")

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I hope the reporters keep asking and digging. They do have that Bundy militia look about them.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I think it was established that those dudes are the prison guards from...I wanna say Texas? Somewhere west of the Mississippi?
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

p0rtia wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:30 pm
I think it was established that those dudes are the prison guards from...I wanna say Texas? Somewhere west of the Mississippi?
Federal Bureau of Prisons SORT. I believe they were pulled from around the country, but the Beaumont and Three Rivers groups had identifying patches of some sort.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:19 pm
I hope the reporters keep asking and digging. They do have that Bundy militia look about them.
Under these circumstances I would approve a tv crew go down the lines and asking each and everyone while poking the camera into their face and then have the (non-)replies out during prime time and asking if anyone recognizes them...

bob

Post by bob »

p0rtia wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:30 pm
I think it was established that those dudes are the prison guards from...I wanna say Texas?
Politico reported Texas.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson »

pipistrelle wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:18 pm
Someone said mercenaries, but they look like Bundy-style cosplayers to me.

(Autocorrect wanted "Bunny-style.")
bunny poots.jpg

:-D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Am I being detained?

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thank you Bob. That was very helpful.

Return to “► ► Breaking News ◄ ◄”