Please Report Problems Here

Reality Check

Re: Please Report Problems Here

Post by Reality Check »

I was getting the invalid certificate warning yesterday with both Firefox in Windows and Safari on my iPad but once I bypassed it I have had no problems.
Edit: After investigating a little further I clicked on the small padlock left of the url in the address bar in Firefox and it still shows an invalid certificate. I tried clearing cookies and site data and it is still invalid. When I click on more information it shows the certificate expired April 14, 2020.

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016
realist

Post by realist »

I just now was able to sign in without receiving the warning. :thumbs:

Hope that continues.

ImageX 4 ImageX36
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Reality Check wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:12 am ... it shows the certificate expired April 14, 2020.
Which is true, but I updated it yesterday and it definitely doesn't expire until April 14, 2021.

'Course, if'n we don't have a different president by then, I may be expired. :pray:

I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Foggy wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:31 am :snippity: Which is true, but I updated it yesterday and it definitely doesn't expire until April 14, 2021.

'Course, if'n we don't have a different president by then, I may be expired. :pray:
This is what I see. When I click on "view certificate" it says it is corrupted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

I am still seeing the warning notice on Safari. I backdoored my way in by Googling TFB and going in through Board Index, but the URL is reading "Not Secure." If I go back to https//thefogbow.com, I get the warning notice.

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

I was still getting it this morning, Win10 laptop, android tablet and i-phone. Then, magically, about 10 minutes ago, everything started working fine.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

OK, I finally got help from Live Chat and properly installed my new certificate.

On all my browsers, if you force refresh the cache it shows the updated certificate. Usually that's CTRL + F5, but might be different depending on the browser.

I apologize, I thought updating it was enough, but it turns out you have to update and THEN install the new certificate. I still wonder why I wasn't getting any error on my tablet or phone or PC, but whatever, it's installed correctly now and I'll remember all the steps I took next year when I have to renew it again. Although I don't remember doing all that last year.

Whatever. I did it. Which is nice, considering Ed Hale said Foogie never gets anythign striagth.

jmj

Post by jmj »

Foggy wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:49 am OK, I finally got help from Live Chat and properly installed my new certificate.

On all my browsers, if you force refresh the cache it shows the updated certificate. Usually that's CTRL + F5, but might be different depending on the browser.

I apologize, I thought updating it was enough, but it turns out you have to update and THEN install the new certificate. I still wonder why I wasn't getting any error on my tablet or phone or PC, but whatever, it's installed correctly now and I'll remember all the steps I took next year when I have to renew it again. Although I don't remember doing all that last year.

Whatever. I did it. Which is nice, considering Ed Hale said Foogie never gets anythign striagth.
Yay, https works for me again. Thank you sir.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Good to go here too. Thanks.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Just gotta keep nagging me and eventually I will get off my butt.

Ask ol' Wifehorn she is A EXPURT.

chancery

Post by chancery »

Thanks Foggy, working for me now too.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:thumbs: certificates like easter eggs have arrived in the Alpine regions too :!:

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I didn't have to do anything on Firefox and Windows. It cleared the exception and accepted the new certificate.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

I was consistently getting the error yesterday, and it wanted me to bypass every time I went to another page in the forum. Ugh.

But today, it's working fine, on the same laptop I was using yesterday. :dance:

Edit: I am using Chrome.

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Confirmed - no complaints from the browser this morning. Green padlock in the url bar. Thank you so much!

PS: I have similar tales of glory. Despite my notes from 2014 in a project file, a subtle gotcha will haunt me for a couple days stalling a system upgrade that should have been routine and simple. It's my proof that machines, like dairy cattle, are alive, sentient, and have an evil sense of humor.

ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

Is it me or is everyone? I'm using Chrome and I get a "not secure" notice when I log onto TFB. I don't have this problem with Firefox or Edge. I don't have this issue when visiting other sites while using Chrome. It's a minor inconvenience on my desktop, but I can't get into TFB at all using my cell and Chrome. I did notice that I can't get into TFB on the cell when using Safari either. I first thought it may be because I'm using a VPN so I dropped the VPN and the problem persists. I dumped Chrome and re-installed it. Same issue. Does anyone else have this problem?

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

ZekeB wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:04 pm Is it me or is everyone? I'm using Chrome and I get a "not secure" notice when I log onto TFB. I don't have this problem with Firefox or Edge. I don't have this issue when visiting other sites while using Chrome. It's a minor inconvenience on my desktop, but I can't get into TFB at all using my cell and Chrome. I did notice that I can't get into TFB on the cell when using Safari either. I first thought it may be because I'm using a VPN so I dropped the VPN and the problem persists. I dumped Chrome and re-installed it. Same issue. Does anyone else have this problem?
Make sure you are using https (with the S) in the address.

https:// thefogbow.com/forum/

I broke the link so you could see it since the Code command appears to be one of the advanced BBCodes we no longer have.

North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

We still have the code one. It's the 5th button, says </>.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

ZekeB wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:04 pm Is it me or is everyone? I'm using Chrome and I get a "not secure" notice when I log onto TFB. I don't have this problem with Firefox or Edge. I don't have this issue when visiting other sites while using Chrome. It's a minor inconvenience on my desktop, but I can't get into TFB at all using my cell and Chrome. I did notice that I can't get into TFB on the cell when using Safari either. I first thought it may be because I'm using a VPN so I dropped the VPN and the problem persists. I dumped Chrome and re-installed it. Same issue. Does anyone else have this problem?
I use Chrome and no problems for me (for whatever it is worth).

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

scirreeve wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:54 pm
I use Chrome and no problems for me (for whatever it is worth).
It breaks for me on chrome if I use https:// with the www. prefix. It works if the www is left off.

Here is the error I get:
Capture.PNG
I'm normally just using non secure http://, so I never noticed it before Zeke asking.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:21 pm We still have the code one. It's the 5th button, says </>.
:doh:

Code: Select all

:doh: 
Well, it is not all that intuitive for lazy people who don't want to point at it to get the tooltip, especially after he did it for a couple other ones he was not sure what they were right off.

North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
Addie

Post by Addie »

Is anyone else's Firefox bouncing up and down? New one on me.

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
jmj

Post by jmj »

Addie wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:07 pm Is anyone else's Firefox bouncing up and down? New one on me.
Not here. But I'm on Linux and using Firefox 76.0. What version of Firefox do you have?

Addie

Post by Addie »

Also on Linux, Firefox 68.8. It seems to have stopped doing it now. Thanks.
jmj wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:53 pm
Addie wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:07 pm Is anyone else's Firefox bouncing up and down? New one on me.
Not here. But I'm on Linux and using Firefox 76.0. What version of Firefox do you have?

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
tek

Post by tek »

Is it me, or is the Donate button in quarantine?

There's no way back
from there to here

Return to “Questions & Suggestions”