January 6 Select Committee

Kendra

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Kendra »

Raskin: "I wonder what [Trump] would say to someone like Sgt Gonell ... In his inaugural address, Trump introduced one commanding image, American carnage ... it turned out to be an excellent prophesy of what his rage would come to visit on our people."
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

at least we can confirm that Sydney Powell is an arogant bitch.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:18 pm at least we can confirm that Sydney Powell is an arogant bitch.
She would have really put the Special in special counsel
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just like we found out, in trump's peanut brain, he made Jeffrey Clark Acting AG, he put Powell in charge of a Special Counsel, with security clearance!

AAAAAaaaaand, just like that, it was gone. I think of how that made him feel...and smile.
ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The wife, also watching: "Hey, isn't that one of the ones you were following way back when?" Why yes, yes it is.
Leah Sottile @Leah_Sottile wrote: Bundy Ranch, Sugar Pine Mine both just mentioned in the J6 hearings.

I rest my case that the country should have been paying close attention to the extremism of the west.
Whitney Woodworth @wmwoodworth wrote: Reporters in the west when Bundy Ranch and extremism come up in the Jan. 6 hearings
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Jim

Post by Jim »

Stephen Ayres approached each of the Capitol Police officers in attendance and apologized to them.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:01 pm
Anyone remember what tweet this was? It's no longer available.
ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Jim wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:34 pm Stephen Ayres approached each of the Capitol Police officers in attendance and apologized to them.
Mixed feelings. Good, but he should be prostrating himself while tongue polishing their functional yet affordable boots. And I hope he goes to jail too. Also. Police were permanently disabled. Officers died.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:38 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:01 pm
Anyone remember what tweet this was? It's no longer available.
Yeah I don't even remember let me check Feinberg's twitter. I think it was about Sara Matthews being possibly the one trump tried to call
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

This I'm really curious about. I want an explanation if and how Chain of command was broken to let Pence order the guard in.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:47 pm :snippity: .

AND THEY STILL BELIEVE HIM.
https:// twitter.com/ThomasMHern/status/1546710838840623105
Thomas Hern @ThomasMHern wrote: President Trump has more integrity and credibility than the entire January 6th Committee combined.
You might check with his former contractors :twisted:
raison de arizona

:roll:
raison de arizona

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:42 pm

This I'm really curious about. I want an explanation if and how Chain of command was broken to let Pence order the guard in.
Yeah, that should be interesting. I suspect it will be mundane, that after four years of tfg, they were used to not paying attention to his pronouncements (or lack thereof) and it was just par for the course. To continue my metaphor, hopefully that was the 18th hole.
raison de arizona

:lol: Whatta maroon.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Miller: I would for them to play any part of my tape
January 6th Committee: Lol ok
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:42 pm https:// twitter.com/christacbryant/status/1546946186543759361

An outsiders view: Pence was VP. I guess there are processes in place where the VP can take over, like when the potus is incapacitated. Like here unwilling to take urgent action. The VP was in the center of the event. I guess the command of the National Guard was aware of what was happening with tv everywhere. If they had doubt they will have asked the DOD for confirmation.
raison de arizona

Staff Sergeant Gonell, Aquilino @SergeantAqGo wrote: It’s not the way I would want to end my career in law enforcement. Instead of being celebrating a promotion to Lieutenant, I began the process to leave the department. Very grateful for the outpouring support.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:23 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:42 pm https:// twitter.com/christacbryant/status/1546946186543759361

An outsiders view: Pence was VP. I guess there are processes in place where the VP can take over, like when the potus is incapacitated. Like here unwilling to take urgent action. The VP was in the center of the event. I guess the command of the National Guard was aware of what was happening with tv everywhere. If they had doubt they will have asked the DOD for confirmation.
That's why I'm curious to see this unveiled. Yes the DC guard was delegated authority to the DoD who in turn gave it to the Secretary of the Army I think by EO under Truman? But I doubt they would have made that call. Usually the 25th would have to be invoked or there would need to be a letter signed to transfer power temporarily like when the President is having surgery. So the question is how did this work?
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:54 pm

Yeah, that should be interesting. I suspect it will be mundane, that after four years of tfg, they were used to not paying attention to his pronouncements (or lack thereof) and it was just par for the course. To continue my metaphor, hopefully that was the 18th hole.
Trump was deep outside the red stakes, looking for his ball. Pence was on the green, putting out.
Billdnc

Post by Billdnc »

Hypothetical situation: Liz Cheney is the judge, Jaime Rasken is the prosecutor, and your defense attorney is Sidney Powel - now what?
raison de arizona

Billdnc wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:01 pm Hypothetical situation: Liz Cheney is the judge, Jaime Rasken is the prosecutor, and your defense attorney is Sidney Powel - now what?
You do not pass go, you do not collect $200, you go directly to jail.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Pence called Mark Milley and acting Sec Def directly when he was in the parking garage and told them put this riot down now.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The media has become pawns of the Unselect Committee. Liz Cheney continues to traffic in innuendos and lies that go unchallenged, unconfirmed, but repeated as fact because the narrative is more important than the truth.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:40 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:23 pm

That's why I'm curious to see this unveiled. Yes the DC guard was delegated authority to the DoD who in turn gave it to the Secretary of the Army I think by EO under Truman? But I doubt they would have made that call. Usually the 25th would have to be invoked or there would need to be a letter signed to transfer power temporarily like when the President is having surgery. So the question is how did this work?
This came out really early on, IIRC before the second impeachment. To my knowledge, no one has fully explored the implications vis-a-vis chain of command.
raison de arizona

How is it that the poots do it?

👏 We 👏 do 👏 not 👏 negotiate 👏 with 👏 terrorists! 👏
Decoding Fox News @DecodingFoxNews wrote: Johnathan Turley, Fox News legal analyst, thinks it's totally reasonable to give a national platform to Stewart Rhodes, the leader of the Oathkeepers, a violent extremist group.

The January 6th Committee Hearings are not a criminal trial.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”