January 6 Select Committee

Kendra

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Kendra »

:waiting:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Wendybird wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:48 am Off topic - sorry. I have been trying to find a thread on Fogbow about the Georgia DA's election investigation, for which Rudy and Lindsay were just issued subpoenas. I must be looking in the wrong place. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.
Would be kind of on topic for this thread - about Georgia's Fraudit

https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 50#p105950
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

IANAL but Trump waiving Executive Privilege has no effect on Bannon's indictment, he can and I hope still will have to show up for that Judge and Jury whether the Committee wants to hear from him or not.

I'm leaning towards No, thanks, we got what we need somewhere else, have fun at trial." :violin:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

My step sis in NY sent me this free link to NYT. Hopefully it works here.

Cassidy Hutchinson: Why the Jan. 6 Committee Rushed Her Testimony

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:13 am My step sis in NY sent me this free link to NYT. Hopefully it works here.

Cassidy Hutchinson: Why the Jan. 6 Committee Rushed Her Testimony

Hidden Content
Hidden Content
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

poplove wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:15 pm
Hugo Lowell
@hugolowell
Just in: Jan. 6 committee says the hearing on Tuesday will now take place at 1p ET
Is Trump suffering jet lag from his west coast trip so they want to make sure he can still watch even if his body is still 4 hours off?
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Thanks for the link.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NBC News confirms: Former Oath Keepers spokesman Jason Van Tatenhove will appear as a witness at the next Jan. 6 Committee hearing on Tuesday.
@NBCNews
:popcorn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Adam Kinzinger is coming up momentarily on CNN Wolf Blitzer's hour. Hopefully he's bringing crumbs for us to hold us until tomorrow.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

One of the rioters who pleaded guilty for entering the capitol will be testifying tomorrow.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

We are gonna hear a lot about this Dec. 2020 Trump tweet tomorrow at the House Select Jan 6 committee hearing. About how it mobilized the mob at the Capitol
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Stephen Ayres, a Trump supporter who shared the former president's tweet encouraging supporters to go to Washington on Jan. 6 before he stormed the Capitol, is expected to testify Tuesday before the committee investigating the insurrection.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

The committee's video feed now says that it will be live in 12+ hours from now, that's 3:00am my time.

That change seems to have occurred in the last hour or so.

Glad they are keeping up with keeping up.

I gotta work a shift starting at 9:30, so I doubt I'll get up to watch it live, but the endless analysis aught to be going full steam ahead by then.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

So that makes it 1:00 pm ET.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Open. Open. Open. :waiting:

I did see a clip of Jamie Raskin this morning, he's heading today's presentation/hearing. I was drifting in and out of sleep, so the only thing I caught was that with all the new information coming in, he's had to rewrite his stuff multiple times. Can't wait.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html
Committee will show some messages between Trump allies and members of right-wing groups
From CNN's Manu Raju

The committee has obtained encrypted messages from members of right-wing extremist groups and will be showing some interactions between Trump allies and the groups, a source familiar with the matter told CNN.

The source declined to specify which Trump allies are at issue, but aides said yesterday that the hearing will examine the roles of Roger Stone and Michael Flynn.

The committee also plans to show a fair amount of video from its deposition with Pat Cipollone, including his description of the Dec. 18 meeting at the White House where efforts to overturn the election were discussed, the source said.

There will also be discussion about specific GOP members of Congress, the source added.
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I hope every single one of those cockscabs are shitting in their pants right now. Literally.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Putting a Jan. 6 defendant before a live national audience is somewhat of a risky maneuver, but Stephen Ayres isn't necessarily that much of a wild card. He's in that sweet spot between pleading guilty and being sentenced, so he's incentivized to stay in his lane.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/11/politics ... index.html
Former Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne, an ally of former President Donald Trump, is expected to meet Friday with the House select committee investigating January 6, 2021, according to three sources familiar with the matter.

There have been no ground rules or topics defined, according to one of the sources. The meeting will be behind closed doors.

A spokesman for the committee declined to comment, as did an attorney for Byrne.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:51 am https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/11/politics ... index.html
Former Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne, an ally of former President Donald Trump, is expected to meet Friday with the House select committee investigating January 6, 2021, according to three sources familiar with the matter.

There have been no ground rules or topics defined, according to one of the sources. The meeting will be behind closed doors.

A spokesman for the committee declined to comment, as did an attorney for Byrne.
if i recall, he was a major funding source for the Arizona audit debacle.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:55 am
Kendra wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:51 am https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/11/politics ... index.html

if i recall, he was a major funding source for the Arizona audit debacle.
Yes, he put up over half of the cost, he put up $3.2M+.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Watching on my least favorite channel CBS cuz I can’t get anything else today. Will they media-splain or let us hear?
raison de arizona

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:03 pm Watching on my least favorite channel CBS cuz I can’t get anything else today. Will they media-splain or let us hear?
I'm on PBS, but I'm hearing that FoxNews is airing it with commentary and I'm tempted to flip, just for fun.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Liz Cheney wrote:Donald Trump is a 76-year-old, not an impressionable child.
Uh, it's well documented that tfg is a toddler that throws his food and goes with the plan of whoever spoke to him last.

They rolled footage of McConnell conceding the election early on.

They are excerpting (former White House Counsel) Cipollone today and in the next hearing. He says tfg should have conceded.

Barr says tfg should have given it up 12/16, "That was the end of the matter."

They're rolling Cipollone saying over and over again that tfg should have given it up, and that he said as much to Meadows, who refuses to testify.

McEnany said she gave up and prepared to move on with her life once litigation ended.

Ivanka. More of the same.

WH Deputy Press Sec (Moore?) says he told tfg how things work and that the end had been reached.

Barr asked Meadows about how far "this stolen election stuff was going to go." Barr says Meadows said tfg was coming around to giving it up, and that Kushner said, "We're working on it, we're working on it."

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”