American Peoples Convoy Protest

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
pipistrelle

Re: American Peoples Convoy Protest

Post by pipistrelle »

LM K wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:11 pm Worst jail he's been in.
I've been in (county) jail once-for a sociology class. That would be my only comparison. it smelled of piss.

(maybe that experience has kept me out of jail)
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:09 pm They do is sit around, pass out a handful of fliers that no doubt go straight to recycling/landfill, and harass passers by? Is that it?
Hell no!

-They have to rotate parking spots every three hours.*

-They have to set up the "mobile kitchen" repeatedly.

-They have to find bushes to pee in! And according to audio, the poo bucket is "complicated".**

-They have to set up and take down lawn furniture!

But yes, they sit in a nice shaded spot occasionally handing pamphlets to people walking/running by. It's amazing. They never walk around to talk to people.

After all, it's not a protest, it's an occupation.

*DC has some intense parking rules. You can stay in a spot for 3 hours. After 3 hours, you must move to a different parking zone. Luckily for 1776, one side of the street is in a different zone than the other side.

The 1776 is spending approx $1600 per day in parking meter costs.

**Yep. There's an audio clip of a member talking about how complicated it was to poop in the poo bucket in the back of the van. No one here needs to listen to that.

The 1776 is parked by a National Museum. They use those bathrooms when the museum is open.

They're very angry with the gov. They think the gov took away "their" portapotties. There were portapotties still on the streets from July 4 events. DC removed those on 7/5.

Obviously, DC will do ANYTHING to get this threat removed from DC!
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Remember when the British took away the Portapoties from Washington's sit down sessions? That started the great winter privation where they had to use a milk bucket to poo.
Hic sunt dracones
LM K

Post by LM K »

500 people are on their way! Says someone.

RVs!
LM K

Post by LM K »

Suranis wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:22 pm Remember when the British took away the Portapoties from Washington's sit down sessions? That started the great winter privation where they had to use a milk bucket to poo.
Suranus, you have the best comparisons!
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:22 pm Remember when the British took away the Portapoties from Washington's sit down sessions? That started the great winter privation where they had to use a milk bucket to poo.
That's why they attacked the airport, so the Continental Army could use the loo in Terminal D. :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

LM K wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:23 pm 500 people are on their way! Says someone.

RVs!
They're bringing 500 people!

They're bringing RVs with bathrooms and showers!

They're bringing Unicorns and Rainbows!

All so they can get their "liberty back and their government restored, and gas prices reduced?!?

I assume when your new existence is defined by driving around in circles getting gas prices reduced would be important,, but I gotta ask, where in the Articles of Confederation does it say "Gasoline shall not be costing more than one can afford from low grifting and cons" and do they think that any part of the government has the power to make it cheaper anyhow? Do these phucksticks not understand even the most basic of principles of a market economy?

The Picnic Rebellion will surely go down as a defining moment in American History and my decedents will visit the site much as I like to go to the Battlefields of what will eventually be called the First Civil War.

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

RVs!
So much police for so few protesters :?:

:twisted:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:49 pm
That's why they attacked the airport, so the Continental Army could use the loo in Terminal D. :rotflmao:

:rotflmao:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Gregg wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:58 pm Do these phucksticks not understand even the most basic of principles of a market economy?

No.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

It was a rhetorical question, if those can still exist in America.

humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Gregg wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:58 pm

RVs!
They're bringing 500 people!

They're bringing RVs with bathrooms and showers!

They're bringing Unicorns and Rainbows!

All so they can get their "liberty back and their government restored, and gas prices reduced?!?

I assume when your new existence is defined by driving around in circles getting gas prices reduced would be important,, but I gotta ask, where in the Articles of Confederation does it say "Gasoline shall not be costing more than one can afford from low grifting and cons" and do they think that any part of the government has the power to make it cheaper anyhow? Do these phucksticks not understand even the most basic of principles of a market economy?

The Picnic Rebellion will surely go down as a defining moment in American History and my decedents will visit the site much as I like to go to the Battlefields of what will eventually be called the First Civil War.
Gregg, I assume you mean descendants.

But I have to agree that the Picnic Rebellion will be the watershed moment in the third century of the US of A.

The Franklin Mint will issue commemorative coins. The National Park Service will designate the area as a National Picnic Area. Future presidents will launch their campaigns from this very spot. These patriots will have their likenesses chiseled into the granite beside Mt. Rushmore. Ken Burns will make a 16-hour documentary on them to air on PBS. Disney will have an all new themed ride, "Patriot Picnic," with the latest in their animatronics as we embark on the ride with a selection of fake fire trucks, ambulances, semis, and broken down cars.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:58 pm . . . and do they think that any part of the government has the power to make it cheaper anyhow? Do these phucksticks not understand even the most basic of principles of a market economy?
High gas prices are all Biden's fault, don't you see? If Biden caused it, Biden can fix it!

And no, they don't understand even the most basic principles of a market economy.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

noblepa wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:27 pm
Gregg wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:58 pm . . . and do they think that any part of the government has the power to make it cheaper anyhow? Do these phucksticks not understand even the most basic of principles of a market economy?
High gas prices are all Biden's fault, don't you see? If Biden caused it, Biden can fix it!

And no, they don't understand even the most basic principles of a market economy.
...or anything else.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

"Big D's" givesendgo funds for legal are up to $4,800.

Evening meeting.

Santa says that them just sitting around on The Mall is making a difference, but he is making plans to move the encampment to somewhere else in D.C. on Monday. :roll: Umm.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Oreo and wys have blocked me on twitter. :crying:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Have Biden and Harris abdicated and fled yet?
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:19 pm Have Biden and Harris abdicated and fled yet?
Not yet! Those cowards Biden and Harris are hiding in Washington's government buildings! Why? Because they're too scared to make the short trip to Fort Picnic to negotiate the restoration of low fuel prices, mobile lavatories, the right not to be protested against, and other freedumbs with the leaders of this great bowel movement!
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Just wait until WeThe People at the picnic amass a big crowd like in Sri Lanka and march onto the WH lawn for breakfast :twisted:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:05 pm Just wait until WeThe People at the picnic amass a big crowd like in Sri Lanka and march onto the WH lawn for breakfast :twisted:
Why haven't they drawn the low-flying choppers like tfg's fan club? Remember that? Disgusting.
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

LM K wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:16 pm Oreo and wys have blocked me on twitter. :crying:
Oh, dear! You have been out foxed.
LM K

Post by LM K »

PaulG wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:50 am
LM K wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:16 pm Oreo and wys have blocked me on twitter. :crying:
Oh, dear! You have been out foxed.
:crying:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:15 pm
LM K wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:11 pm Worst jail he's been in.
I've been in (county) jail once-for a sociology class. That would be my only comparison. it smelled of piss.

(maybe that experience has kept me out of jail)
In high school, 35 years ago, we took a tour of the brand new Broward County jail building. It had just been built in '85, this was late '86 for this tour group. It took us high school senior honors students about 4 minutes to find a huge gaping flaw in security. We pointed it out quietly. The Sergeant leading the tour bluntly told us that most criminals weren't as smart as we were, and then delivered the punchline that apparently the architects and project managers hadn't been either.

They fixed the flaw during the '88 expansion of the building, I'm told, and hardened it during the '92 expansion, but both of these postscripts are hearsay I'm just glad none of my classmates ever turned out to be hardened killers.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Checking in to see if they've shut down the White House, Congress, the Supreme Court, and the FBI yet.

Also, it occurs to me they spend more money on their streaming equipment than on their vehicles.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:18 am Checking in to see if they've shut down the White House, Congress, the Supreme Court, and the FBI yet.

Also, it occurs to me they spend more money on their streaming equipment than on their vehicles.
The streamers are the only ones getting paid. Do you really think persons like Oreo "believe" in this movement? This is just a payday for the streamers, nothing more.

Return to “Current Politics”