On a Personal Level--Coronavirus COVID-19 Cancellations, etc.

Volkonski

Re: On a Personal Level--Coronavirus COVID-19 Cancellations, etc.

Post by Volkonski »

At least they have good health insurance.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Mrs. V. and I went for a walk around the block.

Our neighbor across the street has no teddy bears so she decorated the sidewalk.
20200331_115032.jpg
20200331_115101.jpg
20200331_115241.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Volkonski wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:06 pm
At least they have good health insurance.
:bighug: I'm so sorry. I hope they get results back quickly and experience something mild at most, regardless of the outcome of the test.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Addie

Post by Addie »

All the best, Volki :bighug:
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug:
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:grouphug:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Thank you all for the kind thoughts.

This particular son-in-law is a lawyer and does a lot of criminal defense. Spends time in jails and courtrooms around other people. So Covid-19 exposure is certainly possible. Or it could just be some other infection.

Nothing to do but wait.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

Love and best wishes to the son-in-law Volki :bighug:

We haven’t been shopping in nearly two weeks so made the trip out at 8AM this morning. We went to 2 places, BJ’s and Wegmans. There were a lot of people at BJ’s in line waiting for the doors to open, about ½ of them with gloves, masks or both. At Wegmans there were a lot fewer people wearing PPE. In the fresh fruit and veg section I couldn’t believe how many people were picking through stuff and even smelling produce with no PPE at all…. :shock:

I washed everything when we got home, even the bananas.
Fruit and veg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Birfers are toast

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

My niece is doing better today. Her Dad, my bro is still quarantined at home and no symptoms so far. His boredom has caused some odd side effects, mostly... Dragging down Halloween decorations to play with.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

More of my brother staying busy.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

That sense of humor will do him well!

:-D
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

kate520

Post by kate520 »

Umm...how many skeletons are there in your brother’s closet?
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

kate520

Post by kate520 »

That’s pretty funny, Pgirl!
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

At least 30 more days of Stay at Home here in Harris County. :?
City of Baytown, TX
@CityofBaytown
·
23s
Harris County Judge Hidalgo and Chambers County Judge Sylvia have extended their previous Executive Orders for Stay Home Stay Safe (Harris) and Stay Safe (Chambers) to April 30,2020. We strongly encourage compliance as we strive to keep our community safe and healthy. #COVID19
Too soon for any reaction on FB or Twitter.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I just had the weirdest visual come to mind.

Right now people are buying more toilet paper, some in part because of increased usage with children and adults all being at home 24/7. But that would mean that schools and businesses are having a corresponding decrease in TP usage, right? So there must be pallets of unused commercial TP somewhere. So my visual was a commercial TP dispenser - you know, the ones which hold the 1' TP rolls - installed next to a home toilet.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:37 pm

Right now people are buying more toilet paper, some in part because of increased usage with children and adults all being at home 24/7. But that would mean that schools and businesses are having a corresponding decrease in TP usage, right? So there must be pallets of unused commercial TP somewhere. So my visual was a commercial TP dispenser - you know, the ones which hold the 1' TP rolls - installed next to a home toilet.
That commercial, super-thin, 1-ply sandpaper? :talktothehand: Hard-pass. :nope:

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Men are very scatological and very picky about TP, in my experience. I'd rather have one of those big scratchy rolls than nothing, which we'll be at in 2 weeks if our Good Christian neighbors don't quit hoarding all of the toilet paper.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

kate520

Post by kate520 »

Some years ago🙄 I bought a bidet on Prime day cuz it was so cheap and they are wonderful. And then we moved and I lost track of it.

Found it last night! Used properly, as Maybenaut said way a long time ago (last week?), they really can cut one’s need for TP to near zero.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Somerset

Post by Somerset »

kate520 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:17 pm
Some years ago🙄 I bought a bidet on Prime day cuz it was so cheap and they are wonderful. And then we moved and I lost track of it.

Found it last night! Used properly, as Maybenaut said way a long time ago (last week?), they really can cut one’s need for TP to near zero.
Similarly, a "washing hose" is standard in all Singapore toilets, and lots of folks in the Philippines only use a small scoop to wash themselves. Since I got so used to having one in Singapore, I installed one (a hose and sprayer, not a scoop ;) ) when I moved to the US. Yes, it can cut down on TP use significantly ;-)

DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

I know two people who have had it. One recovered and was released from the hospital yesterday. The other was not so lucky and died over the weekend.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Somerset wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:22 pm
kate520 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:17 pm

Similarly, a "washing hose" is standard in all Singapore toilets, and lots of folks in the Philippines only use a small scoop to wash themselves. Since I got so used to having one in Singapore, I installed one (a hose and sprayer, not a scoop ;) ) when I moved to the US. Yes, it can cut down on TP use significantly ;-)
I asked my husband to install the hose with the little squirtie nozzle, but I wanted it tapped off the bathroom sink rather than the toilet supply line so I could have warm water. He wanted the bidet seat because it would be simpler to install (he was right about that). I keep a supply of clean washcloths for drying off, and a little hamper to toss them in. Easy peasy. Preferable, in fact.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Are these seats electric? What if there is not an electrical outlet in the toilet room?
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

DrIrvingFinegarten wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:27 pm
I know two people who have had it. One recovered and was released from the hospital yesterday. The other was not so lucky and died over the weekend.
:bighug:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:37 pm

Lani

Post by Lani »

We've got our own Florida man!

Press release from the police department: Kaua‘i police arrest Florida man for violating 14-day quarantine
The Kaua‘i Police Department arrested 62-year-oldDwight Anthony Tucker of Tampa, Florida, on Tuesday for violating the state’s mandatory14-day quarantine order. He arrived on Kaua‘i on Monday and checked into the ISO hotel in Kapa‘a. Tucker was stopped in Hanalei around noon on Tuesday. He was subsequently arrested for disregarding Gov. David Ige’s statewide order that requires all visitors who arrive on or after March 26 to self-quarantine at their place of accommodation.
Everyone flying to the islands is put in 14 day quarantine. Returning residents stay in their homes. Tourists stay in their hotel rooms and not allowed to leave them. The hotels are supposed to monitor them, randomly call, etc. But people having been calling police because they see tourists driving around with realtors house shopping, sightseeing, grocery shopping, etc. All of the Covid19 cases here are traveled related, so residents are angry. (The majority of state cases are travel related.)

Stricter flight restrictions are going into effect this week. Only people who provide essential services and people who need to access to medical care will be allowed to fly. Details still coming out, but everyone on the flights will probably wear gloves and masks.

Lots of police roadblocks. Drivers are quizzed about why they aren't home. Some get cited. Total curfew from 9pm to 5am except for emergencies.

Return to “Coronavirus”