Hijack This Thread

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by Maybenaut »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:04 pm Hi RV! :wave: Have missed you!

It’s wise to withdraw from bad news and sad news for however long you need. We hold space for you in many ways.

I want to build a retreat in my back yard. It will have a hammock and speakers and diffusers, and the song ( which I’d like maybenaut to write) “La-La-La I Can’t Hear You” playing softly in the background. Come join me next time you’re out here.
LOVE IT!!!! I’m on it! What a great idea!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:P
Can’t wait!!
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I hate this "holiday" with a red-hot passion. It sounds like a frickin' war zone out there.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

For some reason, the noise isn't bad here in my Twin Cities suburb tonight. There were fireworks in the distance last night, and again tonight, but no nearby firecrackers, etc. I'm surprised. Pleasantly. Of course, it's only 11pm here now, so I guess there's still time for something.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

On my way to take my MrDaisy in for his hip replacement surgery today. Poor baby, but he'll be much better after it's all over and done I'm sure :lovestruck:
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

MsDaisy wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:41 am On my way to take my MrDaisy in for his hip replacement surgery today. Poor baby, but he'll be much better after it's all over and done I'm sure :lovestruck:
Oh, gosh! Good luck and quick recovery for Mr. Daisy. A
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oh man, good luck to MrDaisy! He's a great guy!

Yesterday I actually saw a grown man wearing a t-shirt that said, My Next Wife Won't Own Any Horses. I told ol' Wifehorn, I have a few horse ladies on Fogbow, and they're the best. That says way more about him than about his ex. It reminded me of the truck I saw in SoCal, lo these many moons ago, and the bumper sticker said At Least The Bitch Didn't Get My Truck. 'Course, she got the house, the kids, the sports car and the minivan, and every other little thing. But he kept the truck! It's almost comfortable enough to sleep in! :roll:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:25 pm I hate this "holiday" with a red-hot passion. It sounds like a frickin' war zone out there.
:like:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Ours stopped like someone hit a light switch at 11pm. BOOM-A-DEE-BOOM-A-DEE-BOOM (click) .... silence.

They were shooting some BIG stuff. The kind of mortar that has a solid thump you can feel in your gut a block away when it lights off. Lots of those. All around us. Everyone was feeling the need to celebrate yesterday. We couldn't see much because of the trees.

I definitely heard automatic rifle fire too off in the distance. The report is quite distinctive. Short bursts punctuated with a couple long ones. I hope nothing was down range.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

MsDaisy wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:41 am On my way to take my MrDaisy in for his hip replacement surgery today. Poor baby, but he'll be much better after it's all over and done I'm sure :lovestruck:
I'm fixin to get cut up for my second hip replacement one of these days.

I got the left one done in 2007 and it still works a treat. Doc said it would probably last 15 years, then a study came that said it should last 25.

I dunno how long it will last but I am DAMN glad I got it done. MrDaisy will be glad too, eventually. My only complaint was that they kept teaching me how to use walking aids and they would switch to the next one. I never really had a chance to use the toys (well crutches but not walkers). I also didn't like the nurse in rehab that wouldn't let me watch the tennis late at night and kept trying to give me painkillers that I absolutely did not need. I did manage to get through the book series I was reading though.

When I got the left one fixed, doc said the right one would be screaming for attention inside of 5 years. Its taken longer than that, but I'm starting the process to convince everyone that I'm starting to have trouble sleeping because of it.

All the best to MrDaisy.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Best of luck. It takes time, but you know that.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Day 5 of my quasi-retirement. The nice thing is my hats fit again. After the sending off party I had last week, none of my hats were big enough.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Best of luck and a speedy recovery to MrDaisy.

And to you too since you will be the care giver until he can boogie around on his own. It can be a lot sometimes.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

R (3).jpeg
R (3).jpeg (68.06 KiB) Viewed 728 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

MrD did very well with his hip replacement surgery today and is up and about with no problems. Not that he won't suck up as much attention and babying as he can muster over it all. LOL! He's so dang sweet and cute, even after 26 years he knows damn well he can sucker me into waiting on him hand and foot as long as "he" deems it necessary. :lovestruck:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Just dont let him put any weight on it till its knitted properly. You'll have to carry him up the stairs for a few months at least. It'll prolly be a year or two before he can wipe his backside.

You are a saint, thats what you are.

:oldman:
Has everybody heard about the bird?
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

keith wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:03 pm Just dont let him put any weight on it till its knitted properly. You'll have to carry him up the stairs for a few months at least. It'll prolly be a year or two before he can wipe his backside.

You are a saint, thats what you are.

:oldman:
There are two steps into the house, one each from different direction plus we have a wagon ramp for BJ's type shopping which is the way he came. So far he's being a very good boy :lovestruck:
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

The comments are interesting…
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Yoots tend to be bipolar on everything. They want the best, but can't afford it. What they can afford they don't like. You hit 40 and you realize it's all a compromise. You give and take on literally every aspect of your life. So yeah - they wants Dems at the wheel but not a seasoned centrist with a lifetime of experience. Got it. No problem. See ya in a couple decades.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

There is the other issue in that they are not asking the same question. They asked who they wanted to control Congress. They did not ask if they preferred a Democratic or Republican President, only whether they approved of the current one. If they were asked if they wanted Biden or Trump/DeSantis/Cruz, etc, would the answer be Biden even if they disapprove?

When making comparisons, wording matters.
101010 :towel:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Retirement Day 6: I successfully got all the shed flooring out yesterday. 100% rotted. I say shed, but it's actually a 10x10 building attached to the house off the back of the garage forming the start of the back porch roof. The garage has a poured concrete floor. I built the shed in 89 after we moved in using creosote railroad ties over crushed agg as the base. Those are still in good shape, but the floor has been soft for years. All the joists were rotted. I literally used a hammer, rake and shovel to demolish it with some effort. I wore a N100 mask because there was dry rot particulate everywhere. Awful stuff. Today I'll rake it again, level the agg, buy lots of paver sand, and put in those foot square concrete pavers today. These will outlast me.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “General Stuff”