THANK YOU FOGGY

LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Re: THANK YOU FOGGY

Post by LM K »

Thank you, Foggy!
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

OMG, it's LMK!

So our new hosting company is InMotion Hosting, and last night on the Virtual Meetup, RC told us that he has used them for 10 years and they have always been a "solid" hosting provider. They get rave reviews from their customers. I think I picked a good one this time (although Ionos was really good for the first few years).
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Why all the rooskie spam? Was that a problem before?
Largo al factotum.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, that's always been a minor problem. There are a few ways to set up registration, and when I first started the site I let everyone register without my approval, just an email with a link to activate yourself. Which allows EVERYBODY to join because we have about 200 relatively active members and I didn't want you to wait for me to approve y'all one by one.

But after the first couple of days I changed it so now I have to approve your membership before you can join.

I think some Russian troll farm found that anybody could register, and they spread the word, so we got flooded with them. But now they can't join because I'm only approving names I know. And if anyone who is legit tries to join and I don't approve them, they can always contact me elsewhere - Facebook, email, whatever.

But the Russian peeps are still trying, even now when I'm zotting them within a minute or two.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Ra756b199eb54265bdca70c54ab2fcc81.jpeg
Ra756b199eb54265bdca70c54ab2fcc81.jpeg (18.88 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
somerset

Post by somerset »

Foggy wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:20 am Yeah, that's always been a minor problem. There are a few ways to set up registration, and when I first started the site I let everyone register without my approval, just an email with a link to activate yourself. Which allows EVERYBODY to join because we have about 200 relatively active members and I didn't want you to wait for me to approve y'all one by one.

But after the first couple of days I changed it so now I have to approve your membership before you can join.

I think some Russian troll farm found that anybody could register, and they spread the word, so we got flooded with them. But now they can't join because I'm only approving names I know. And if anyone who is legit tries to join and I don't approve them, they can always contact me elsewhere - Facebook, email, whatever.

But the Russian peeps are still trying, even now when I'm zotting them within a minute or two.
Ah, so that's what happened :)

Thanks for getting me back on!

Regarding donations, I assume that PayPal donations are separate from the hosting company. If so, then the recurring donation I've had going should continue without me needing to do anything, right?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

somerset wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:44 pm Regarding donations, I assume that PayPal donations are separate from the hosting company. If so, then the recurring donation I've had going should continue without me needing to do anything, right?
I don't know the answer to that, but you can probably check with PayPal.
somerset

Post by somerset »

Foggy wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:33 pm
somerset wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:44 pm Regarding donations, I assume that PayPal donations are separate from the hosting company. If so, then the recurring donation I've had going should continue without me needing to do anything, right?
Just checked. Still active :D
June bug

Post by June bug »

somerset wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:52 pm
Foggy wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:33 pm
Just checked. Still active :D
Oh, good. That means I am too! :D
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Foggy is with InMotion Hosting now. I have had an account with them for ten years for my LLC domain and email. I can't tell you much about their service because I have only had to call them once in ten years. I had a problem with my email that they fixed over the phone. My email account is pretty big (over 5 GB) and it works fine.
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

Thanks, Foggy. I've really missed the Fogbow. I also sent you a donation.

I can't remember where the "Report Problems" thread used to be. I have a problem to report. After struggling to get to the forum for days with Chrome, I finally tried Firefox on my Linux desktop. That worked, but I still can't figure out why neither Chrome on my desktop or the browser on my Chromebook is failing. I have a few more things to try but it is time for yoga and breakfast.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

FiveAcres wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:19 am Thanks, Foggy. I've really missed the Fogbow. I also sent you a donation.

I can't remember where the "Report Problems" thread used to be. I have a problem to report. After struggling to get to the forum for days with Chrome, I finally tried Firefox on my Linux desktop. That worked, but I still can't figure out why neither Chrome on my desktop or the browser on my Chromebook is failing. I have a few more things to try but it is time for yoga and breakfast.
Not that this is any help, FiveAcres, but it is another data point. I'm able to access The Fogbow on Chrome for Windows 10.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:24 am
FiveAcres wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:19 am Thanks, Foggy. I've really missed the Fogbow. I also sent you a donation.

Not that this is any help, FiveAcres, but it is another data point. I'm able to access The Fogbow on Chrome for Windows 10.
Thanks. I couldn't believe that no one was able to use Chrome, or it would have showed up on the Facebook page. After breakfast, I will disable all my extensions, of which I probably run too many, and try again.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.

Return to “General Stuff”