January 6 Select Committee

New Turtle

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by New Turtle »

There was a photographer in one of those videos. She was aiming into the front passenger window, so there may be photos.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RVInit wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:53 pm In some ways I wish they had not elicited that part of her testimony. It's too easy for people to focus on that part where she's repeating what someone else says happened and forget that she personally heard Trump get furious over the fact that armed people were not allowed to get closer for the photo opp. And, knowing they were armed, deliberately fired them up, told them they have to "fight" for what they want, and encouraged them to go down to the Capitol. That is far more important than some second hand story that he grabbed at the steering wheel and then lunged at his SS. Which I actually do believe is more likely than not to be true, but that's beside the point.
As someone who didn’t see the testimony, it’s the only part of it I know about through repetition.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

neeneko wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:04 pm What I find fascinating is that he said and did these things, yet the SS managed to tell him 'no' and went back to the White House. This is someone who doesn't like not being in control, but is caretakers were able to do so and he listened?
I am reminded of Pence who knew that if he got into the vehicle, they would take him away despite his orders. Their job is the protect so there is no way they will drive him to an unsecured location. In addition, they are trained to resist an out-of-control subject, though they probably never expected that subject would also be their protectee.
101010 :towel:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

When the video was first posted, I could clearly see a body lunge forward in the rear passenger seat, although I couldn't see who or what they were reaching for. They did sit there for a long time. I believe her absolutely.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
June bug

Post by June bug »

RVInit wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:53 pm In some ways I wish they had not elicited that part of her testimony. It's too easy for people to focus on that part where she's repeating what someone else says happened and forget that she personally heard Trump get furious over the fact that armed people were not allowed to get closer for the photo opp. And, knowing they were armed, deliberately fired them up, told them they have to "fight" for what they want, and encouraged them to go down to the Capitol. That is far more important than some second hand story that he grabbed at the steering wheel and then lunged at his SS. Which I actually do believe is more likely than not to be true, but that's beside the point.
Thank you for posting this, RV. It’s exactly what I’ve been thinking.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN just covered this with a big chunk of time, and reporting from at least two sources inside SS that they've heard about this incident since shortly after it happened. Details vary a bit, but the gist of it seems to be the same. Not CNN's words, but sounded like it was general locker room talk amongst the lads kind of a thing.

But no, I'll turn on Fox tonight and they'll still be carrying on about hearsay so everything she said was a lie (or however they're spinning it today).
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Did I say I had feeling MAGA would regret banking their entire case to discredit Cassidy Hutchinson on the word of Trump loyalist Tony Ornato?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“The first source telling us that there were many people talking about the former president being very angry, lashing out at the individuals in the car and demanding to go to the capitol on that day, and that even that he lunged in the direction of the front seat”
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

June bug wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:37 pm
I think this committee is trying to get as much information directly to the public (indirectly perhaps to the DOJ). Like a lot of criminal trials, much of the evidence is circumstantial. The more circumstantial evidence there is that points to a particular bad result, the more difficult it is to rebut or refute all those situations. Plausible deniability and coincidence can only get you so far...

So, sure, it would be vastly better had the Committee had an audio or video recording of tfg's alleged attempt to commandeer the vehicle. But they didn't at the time, so they brought Cassidy forward to relay her third-hand understanding of this event.

And it might smoke a person or two out of the woodwork. Hope so.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Trump sees himself as the hero in movie. I can absolutely believe he envisioned himself as standing on the top step of the Capitol, directing all of his followers to follow him in to the Capitol where they were counting votes. When he got to the chambers, the people in the chamber would see Trump and all of his followers and they would concede that, of course, Trump was the true winner of the election and they would HAVE to count the votes for HIM. So of course was furious when his grand plan was foiled by his own Secret Service and his own Vice President. They prevented his wonderful movie ending.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Tfg may have fantasised about leading the “coup” but I still believe his natural cowardice would lead him to let others do his “dirty work”. If he did attempt to make the SS take him to the Capitol I think he would have done so in the full knowledge that they would refuse. The repercussions, for him, of being present could well have been dire whether the invasion was successful or not. P.s. I’m still not sure why he never boasted of his thwarted brave efforts to get to the Capitol, although I suspect it was for “plausible deniability” reasons.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

This just shows how far from reality his head is. I always thought him too much of a coward to go to the Capitol. He could not foresee how bad it could get, only that the weapons would never be used against him. He didn't really care about anyone else, and he was just too dumb to not realize what a dangerous situation it could become.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Back in April, a law enforcement source told me that they heard DC Metropolitan Police officers affiliated with the presidential motorcade share a story of Trump demanding to be drive to the Capitol and getting into an altercation with Secret Service on January 6.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:31 pm This just shows how far from reality his head is. I always thought him too much of a coward to go to the Capitol. He could not foresee how bad it could get, only that the weapons would never be used against him. He didn't really care about anyone else, and he was just too dumb to not realize what a dangerous situation it could become.
I assumed he thought he would go to the Capitol, walk in the front door with his supporters behind him and stop the proceedings which would somehow end up with him declared the winner of the election.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:48 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:31 pm This just shows how far from reality his head is. I always thought him too much of a coward to go to the Capitol. He could not foresee how bad it could get, only that the weapons would never be used against him. He didn't really care about anyone else, and he was just too dumb to not realize what a dangerous situation it could become.
I assumed he thought he would go to the Capitol, walk in the front door with his supporters behind him and stop the proceedings which would somehow end up with him declared the winner of the election.
I can see him thinking that; hence, how far from reality his head is, but I still think of him as a coward.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:03 pm Trump sees himself as the hero in movie. I can absolutely believe he envisioned himself as standing on the top step of the Capitol, directing all of his followers to follow him in to the Capitol where they were counting votes. When he got to the chambers, the people in the chamber would see Trump and all of his followers and they would concede that, of course, Trump was the true winner of the election and they would HAVE to count the votes for HIM. So of course was furious when his grand plan was foiled by his own Secret Service and his own Vice President. They prevented his wonderful movie ending.
This. A thousand times, this.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:03 pm Trump sees himself as the hero in movie. I can absolutely believe he envisioned himself as standing on the top step of the Capitol, directing all of his followers to follow him in to the Capitol where they were counting votes. When he got to the chambers, the people in the chamber would see Trump and all of his followers and they would concede that, of course, Trump was the true winner of the election and they would HAVE to count the votes for HIM. So of course was furious when his grand plan was foiled by his own Secret Service and his own Vice President. They prevented his wonderful movie ending.
In this (long) clip, Belushi plays Trump....

New footage of January 6th
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content ... 6th-ed.pdf
The January 6th Hearings: A Criminal Evidence Tracker
Updated on June 30, 2022
By Noah Bookbinder, Norman L. Eisen, Fred Wertheimer, Jason Powell, Debra Perlin, Colby Galliher, and Madison Gee

An initial introduction to the Criminal Evidence Tracker is available at Just Security, as well as introductions to the second, third, fourth,
fifth and sixth updates following those respective hearings.

Criminal Evidence Tracker 1: Whether Donald Trump Conspired to Defraud the United States
By Norman Eisen, Noah Bookbinder, Fred Wertheimer, Jason Powell and Debra Perlin
18 U.S. Code § 371 – Conspiracy to commit offense or to defraud the United States
It is a criminal offense “f two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the
United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the
object of the conspiracy.”

Elements of the Crime that Must be Proved Facts and Evidence
1. Two or more people entered into an agreement Donald Trump and John Eastman
● Attorney John Eastman communicated with Trump by phone and email through his assistant or agent about a plan to overturn the election results memorialized in two memoranda (here and here). A court recently found that “there was likely an agreement between President Trump and Dr. Eastman to enact a plan articulated” in the two memos.
Donald Trump and Jeffrey Clark
● In December 2020, Trump and Clark met in apparent violation of DOJ and White House policy to discuss allegations of election fraud and find ways to overturn the election results.
● Unlike the rest of DOJ’s leadership, Clark was sympathetic to Trump’s arguments, leading Trump to consider installing Clark as acting Attorney General - a plan Trump only abandoned in the face of threats of massive DOJ and White House Counsel resignations.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He's got a million ($) reason to stay hidden.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

June bug wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:37 pm
*sigh* I wish people would get this, as I've repeated this hundreds of times. It simply does not matter if they left it out or not. The enemy would have just focused on some other part of her testimony if that had been left out and would be yammering about that.

The point is to keep hammering and hammering on a tiny part of the testimony so people wont hear any of the rest of the 2 hours of Testimony. That's it. She could have made the most flawless testimony in the history of the world and all you would hear about is a tiny part of it where they could worm in any series of doubts on the whole thing.

Why do you think people talked about "Pee hookers" in the Steel Dossier all the time? Aside from the bit that Sex sells, it was a dodgy accusation that the enemy could use to hide all mentions of the rest of the Dossier and pretend the whole thing had been discredited because "pee hookers" were something impossible to prove.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“Do you think the Mark Meadows you know would be capable of trying to intimidate a witness?”
“Without question. Boehner talks about an unnamed member of congress that literally got on his knees in the speaker's office and said, I beg you to forgive me. That's Mark Meadows.”
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hi, RV!!!!!!! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:58 am Hi, RV!!!!!!! :biggrin:
Off Topic
Hi, TRL!!! Yeah, I've been AWOL for a while, I know. Haven't been in the best place emotionally lately, so I've stayed away from posting, and mostly stayed away from reading too. I am still over 100 notifications behind on catching up, and that's just the threads I subscribe to. It's good to get back online and see posts from my Fogbow friends, probably should have been doing that all along, but sometimes I get into a dark place and have a hard time reaching out.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:bighug:

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”