▼▲Houston, we have a problem ...

Foggy

▼▲Houston, we have a problem ...

Post by Foggy »

I did the two upgrades -- upgraded my PHP installation and upgraded my phpBB version.

Something in the Media Embed plugin is breaking the board. If it's enabled, the Index page doesn't show. If it's disabled, the board seems to work OK.

I disabled ALL the extensions except Advanced BBCodes - the one that gives us all the cool editing features.

Everybody poke around and tell me of any problems you find. I'll seek help from phpBB support.

More will be revealed. I don't think YouTubes and stuff will work today. But I'm working on it.
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Addie

Re: ▼▲Houston, we have a problem ...

Post by Addie »

Thanks, Fogs. :bighug: (Be nice, Sterngard :geezertowel:)

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

I have to leave shortly after 9:00 Eastern to go take an hour class in Musical Asskicking at 10:00. I finish at 11:00 and will be home by 11:30. I have put in requests for support with the Media Embed extension and I'll report back when I get some answers.

Other than that, the board seems to be working perfectly, except we don't have any of the cool extensions. What I will do when the Media Embed problem is fixed is, I will enable all the other extensions, one by one, and see if they cause any problems. When I've got them all enabled, we're 100% back in business, only new and improved like everything American oughta be.
:boxing:
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Oh dear. You mean I'll have to right click on a YouTube link, select open in a new tab, and then wait for the page to draw? What has this world come to?

(wink)

Thank you Foggy.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Bill_G wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:54 am
Oh dear. You mean I'll have to right click on a YouTube link, select open in a new tab, and then wait for the page to draw? What has this world come to?
I've put out a call to KK, who's going to get Lamb and Ammo involved. Look for a protest with poorly spelled signs any moment now.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

clicking links used to open the linked page in a new tab, but now the linked page opens in the current tab, so you have to use the back button to get back to Fogbow.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

pipistrelle wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:17 am
Bill_G wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:54 am
I've put out a call to KK, who's going to get Lamb and Ammo involved. Look for a protest with poorly spelled signs any moment now.
I hAv the purlee speild portest sines all redy. Jus gotta fine me sum stiks.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

RVInit wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:37 am
clicking links used to open the linked page in a new tab, but now the linked page opens in the current tab, so you have to use the back button to get back to Fogbow.
I thought that was a choice in the board preferences but apparently it isn't.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Addie wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:19 am
Thanks, Fogs. :bighug: (Be nice, Sterngard :geezertowel:)
The things I use seem to be working OK. :swoon:

Thanks, Foogie.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

The text seems bolder to me, which is a good thing. Maybe it's just my imagination, running away with me.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

qbawl

Post by qbawl »

I am not seeing the post numbers. Also I am seeing all active topics instead of just the unread ones. Neither of these are a problem though. I just mentioned them for completeness and in case someone has a solution. MBP, macOS 10.15.2, and Safari 13.0.4. Thanks for all you do Foggy!

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Not see the red box indicating new comments on the main page. I choose new posts and I get the red indicator boxes. Kindle Fire Silk browser.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Solution: wait until Foggy is back from weight lifting, then he speeds thru weighty software matters ;)

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

.sdrawkcab si etirw gnihtyreve mih llet ot woh naitrec ton m'I

qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Bill_G wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:41 am
Maybe disable screen mirroring‽

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

qbawl wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:47 am
Bill_G wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:41 am
Maybe disable screen mirroring‽
!aedi dooG

Ratsdray! Hatthay urnedtray onay the igpay atinlay ilterfay.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Iu ɹǝsdousǝ ʇo ʇɥǝ ɐqoʌǝ' I ǝuɐqlǝp ,,Ǝxʇǝɹuɐl lᴉuʞs odǝu ᴉu uǝʍ ʇɐq,, ɐup ,,dosʇ unɯqǝɹs˙ Sʇᴉll ʍɐᴉʇᴉuƃ ɟoɹ ʇɥǝ snddoɹʇ ʇǝɐɯ - ᴉʇ,s Snupɐʎ˙

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

You are all making my head bone hurt, too early in the morning.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

kate520

Post by kate520 »

:lol: :kiss:
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

A quote from the support team:
You seem to have problems with your board anyways... For example, the Privacy and Terms links at the bottom of your board are broken. You may need to reinstall phpBB 3.3. You've got the signs of an incorrect or incomplete update.
I'm asking for more info, but I may have to go offline and reinstall the entire board again in the morning.

I won't do that until I have enough info to make sure I'm going to come out on the other end of it.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I found an old episode of Reality Check Radio where you discussed the switch to IP Board. I can always blow the dust off and run that one again. :rotflmao:

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Oh hay yeah, let's go back to IP Board again!

Oh, wait ... no, not in this lifetime.

Obviously, this is the work of Bill Barr's evil Justice Department working hand-in-hand with Jared Kushner and Kellyanne Conway. They've discovered the Fogbow at the top levels of the maladministration and they've got a whole team of hackers from Rooshya working feverishly to destroy us! This may call for some Second Amendment remedies! The stress is killing me!

No, wait again ... not in this lifetime. The board is so old, and has so many posts and stuff, something was sure to start decaying someday. Obviously, this is INFRASTRUCTURE WEEK on Fogbow!

Now ... on the bright side ... always look at the bright side ... the board is working perfectly, as far as you know. Everybody can read it, everybody can post, everybody is in the loop, every single one of you is a smarter person today than you were yesterday because you participate on this outstanding website.

And I'm not going to let it be permanently damaged. I've been doing this a long, long time now. I trust the phpBB support team, and they're going to help me through this. If I have to, I'll give them a user with admin privileges and let them have FTP access to the files and whatever else I need to do. I'll make backups all over the place.

Tomorrow I don't have Dances With Barbells until noon. I'll get up at 5:30 and just fight this fight for hours and hours and hours, as long as it takes. It's a problem, but my motto is, "Never let the computer win." Because if you let the computer win, even just once, then you get Skynet and the Terminator movies all become real, and I don't even know anybody named John Connor.

So for tonight and tomorrow I'll just monitor what the support team has to say, and then I'll do what they tell me to do. With backups.

More will be revealed. :smoking: :-

(Fogbow on PayPal)

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Foggy wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:05 pm
A quote from the support team:
You seem to have problems with your board anyways... For example, the Privacy and Terms links at the bottom of your board are broken. You may need to reinstall phpBB 3.3. You've got the signs of an incorrect or incomplete update.
I'm asking for more info, but I may have to go offline and reinstall the entire board again in the morning.

I won't do that until I have enough info to make sure I'm going to come out on the other end of it.
:shock:

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I still am pissed at that dude at Invision Power who banned me for criticizing his sucky software at his forum after a few posts. :fingerwag:

Return to “Announcements”