Intelligence/Judiciary Impeachment Investigation: Trump Obstruction; Abuse of Power; Whistleblower(s)

Sterngard Friegen

Re: Intelligence/Judiciary Impeachment Investigation: Trump Obstruction; Suborning Perjury; Whistleblower(s)

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

In summing up, Schiff once again gets the bribery scheme ass backwards. :brickwallsmall:
Volkonski

Re: Intelligence/Judiciary Impeachment Investigation: Trump Obstruction; Suborning Perjury; Whistleblower(s)

Post by Volkonski »

A fellow former student from my dorm at college just posted this to our living group alumni online discussion forum-
I’ve been thinking a lot about this as I walked around the house with my headphones on, listening to the impeachment hearings.

I remember in 73? 74? that Xxxx Yyyyyy was constantly watching the Watergate hearings. (He may have been the only one around with a TV set.) I never understood at the time why he was so obsessed.

Now I understand.
Actually, I also had a TV but I worked as an RA and so was not at the dorm during the daytime.

Oh, and it must be May and June of 1973 that he recalls because Xxxx Yyyyyy graduated in June '73 and left for California for grad school.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

One down, two more to go for today.
🤔
Jim

Post by Jim »

RVInit wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:44 pm My general impression, and this is based on only about 1/2 hour I was able to watch, Sondland is trying to say Trump is guilty and Trump is innocent. He really does think he can say A is true and A is false.

:rolleye:
Can you really blame him? Death threats are heading his way.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

And it's a wrap.

Sondland is going to have a hell of a funky evening when he becomes aware of the blowback.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Even Trump's handwritten notes have a demand: Tell Zelensky to do the right thing. This is the final word from the Pres(sic) of the U.S.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
Addie

Post by Addie »

WaPo
Sondland’s testimony advances likely impeachment charge of obstruction ...

The comments from Sondland, who blamed omissions he made during his closed-door deposition on lack of access to his own records, adds new ammunition to Democrats’ charge that the White House tried to cover up its activities in Ukraine through a campaign of obstruction — potentially paving the way to another article of impeachment against President Trump.

“Based on a sample of the documents attached to Ambassador Sondland’s statement . . . we can see why Secretary [of State Mike] Pompeo and President Trump have made such a concerted and across-the-board effort to obstruct this investigation,” Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) said at Wednesday’s hearing. “They do so at their own peril: I remind the president that Article III of the impeachment articles drafted against President Nixon was his refusal to obey the subpoenas of Congress.” ...

Sondland produced several new emails indicating officials at the highest echelons of the Trump administration were at least aware of the campaign to pressure Ukraine’s president to commit to the investigations into a debunked theory of Ukraine’s interference in the 2016 election and the connection between energy company Burisma and the Bidens. Those officials include Pompeo, acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and Secretary of Energy Rick Perry.

“Everyone was in the loop. It was no secret,” Sondland testified.
Adding:
The Hill: Democrats seek to redefine crimes to reframe the Trump impeachment
WaPo - Jennifer Rubin: If Pompeo doesn’t testify, he should be impeached
Talking Points Memo - Josh Marshall: Quid Pro Quo, The Critical Backstory
TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Jim wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:52 pm
RVInit wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:44 pm My general impression, and this is based on only about 1/2 hour I was able to watch, Sondland is trying to say Trump is guilty and Trump is innocent. He really does think he can say A is true and A is false.

And he is rich enough to hire private security.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Jim wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:52 pm

It will be interesting to see how people take his testimony. I guess I need to see his entire testimony before coming to conclusions, but what I did see seemed like he was saying up is up and up is down.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Shimon Prokupecz
@ShimonPro
·
8m
Two Trump campaign sources say EU Ambassador Gordon Sondland's allegation of a quid pro quo implicating Trump and top administration officials "blindsided" aides inside the White House, the re-election campaign as well as some Republican lawmakers."
@Acosta
They were blindsided? Haven't they been watching the news recently?
ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:22 pm
Shimon Prokupecz
@ShimonPro
·
8m
Two Trump campaign sources say EU Ambassador Gordon Sondland's allegation of a quid pro quo implicating Trump and top administration officials "blindsided" aides inside the White House, the re-election campaign as well as some Republican lawmakers."
@Acosta
Well as I understand it, some do watch Fox.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

They’ve been gaslighting themselves. Mulvaney acknowledged the quid pro quo weeks ago but republicans tweeted out the clip claiming he didn’t say what he did say. Ditto for the admissions by Guliani and Trump.
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Watching the right wing Twitter, many are silent and others are using bogus TASS/Pravda reports about Burisma and/or tying themselves in knots. Current CNN chyron: "Trump Legal Team: Sondland Testimony "A Draw". O'RLY? If only Taitz was the GOP counsel this would have been so different :(
Avatar: LDIT's Post-election #FAIL record in court. And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon! Returns 2021. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

ZekeB wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:24 pm
Volkonski wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:22 pm
Shimon Prokupecz
@ShimonPro
·
8m
@Acosta
Well as I understand it, some do watch Fox.
Others just call Sean Hannity
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Brandi Buchman
@BBuchman_CNS
·
18m
Replying to
@BBuchman_CNS
With Sondland testimony over, we head next into the hearing for David Hale and Laura Cooper. The line of spectators waiting to get inside the hearing room is still fairly long. Even at this late hour.
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

At one point, they told Gordon that Donald had called him a great American, but now he "hardly knows the gentleman". Sondland's reply: "Easy come, easy go". He looked like he was on valium or something, he was laughing and didn't seem to realize how hard he's going to be crushed by the GOP. CNN just showed him checking in at the airport :lol: Bye Gordan and thanks!
Avatar: LDIT's Post-election #FAIL record in court. And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon! Returns 2021. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
Addie

Post by Addie »

Reuters
Perry says Sondland impeachment testimony misrepresented his interactions

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. envoy Gordon Sondland’s testimony in President Donald Trump impeachment hearings on Wednesday misrepresented Energy Secretary Rick Perry’s interaction with Trump and his lawyer Rudolph Giuliani, the Department of Energy said.

“Ambassador Sondland’s testimony today misrepresented both Secretary Perry’s interaction with Rudy Giuliani and direction the Secretary received from President Trump. As previously stated, Secretary Perry spoke to Rudy Giuliani only once at the President’s request,” it said in a statement.

“At no point before, during or after that phone call did the words ‘Biden’ or ‘Burisma’ ever come up in the presence of Secretary Perry.”
Jim

Post by Jim »

Orlylicious wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:50 pm At one point, they told Gordon that Donald had called him a great American, but now he "hardly knows the gentleman". Sondland's reply: "Easy come, easy go". He looked like he was on valium or something, he was laughing and didn't seem to realize how hard he's going to be crushed by the GOP. CNN just showed him checking in at the airport :lol: Bye Gordan and thanks!
I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be nervous as hell being stuck in the middle of this mess. I'd look like I was lying or hiding something too, judging by some of the comments.
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

I can't stomach Gym Jordan so I either mute or walk away when he starts screeching. Today, in the car with the radio on, some whiny, high pitched voiced person had a hissy fit in triple time. I immediately realized it was Jordan because of last weekend's SNL skit.
ImageImageImage x4
GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

So... Laura Ingraham and John ‘enhanced interrogation’ Yoo accused Vindeman of espionage.

He ain’t sitting still for that.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... ETTER.html
This firm represents Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman,” read the letter from David Pressman of Boies, Schiller Flexner, LLP.

“We are compelled to write because of a deeply flawed and erroneous Fox News segment that first aired on October 28, 2019, the gist of which has since been republished countless times, including by the president of the United States to his 66.9 million Twitter followers. Laura Ingraham reported the Segment during her show, ‘The Ingraham Angle’ along with John Yoo, who was a panelist invited by Fox News to participate in its coverage of LTC Vindman.

While our client does not intend by this letter to discourage reporting concerning him or critical of him, the Allegations published in the Segment are false and defamatory. Fox News knew they were false when it published them. The Allegations have injured LTC Vindman and Fox News is responsible for any third-party republication of them
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

fierceredpanda wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:49 pm
TexasFilly wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:42 pm That said, I am uneasy with Sondland's inability to recall conversations with Trump. That, in legal terms, is bullshit.
This. "I don't remember having a conversation with the most powerful man on the planet about shaking down a friendly foreign government" is unconvincing to the point of being absurd.
Especially since he claims to remember the "no quid pro quo" conversation word for word. It's such crap.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Orlylicious wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:50 pm At one point, they told Gordon that Donald had called him a great American, but now he "hardly knows the gentleman". Sondland's reply: "Easy come, easy go". He looked like he was on valium or something, he was laughing and didn't seem to realize how hard he's going to be crushed by the GOP. CNN just showed him checking in at the airport :lol: Bye Gordan and thanks!
Maybe after Sondland lands in Europe Trump will fire him and expect him to walk home.
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Quick recap of the week:

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

So Lt. Col. Vindman's military career is likely over and there's no doubt in my mind that Fox has engaged in a campaign of (at the very least) defamation. Time for them to fork over millions, just like they did on behalf of Bill O'Reilly and Roger Ailes.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Return to “Impeachment”