January 6 Select Committee

p0rtia

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by p0rtia »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:10 pm Bowers is Mormon, n’est ce pas?
No input on that, but both he and Liz Cheney stated today that the Constitution was "divinely" inspired. Made me puke, since the Christian Nationalism destruction is what it is. However. Loathe the words and the sentiment and the politics, but respect the person.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Thank you! I remember that now. Biden encouraged that in his campaign.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Another highlight from Nicolle W today.

Miles Taylor The dude who is the very good-looking ex-45-White House guy who wrote that NYT opinion piece describing how awful it was in the WH and how people loathed TFG but stayed to protect country, and then quit--that dude--pointed out that Steve Bannon calls his acolytes, "his assassins".

Nicolle's show is heavy into the coming violence.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:10 pm Bowers is Mormon, n’est ce pas?
Yes he is, and he believes the whole thing about the US Constitution being an expression of God.

FWIW.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:05 pm Explosive hearing. Never seen anything like it. My god.

Yes, every Republican witness and committee member has done shit I loathe; shit aimed at voter suppression. That was irrelevant today.
Every Republican witness and committee member reached a line that they could not cross. Morally, ethically, or legally. Not Trump. He has no boundaries. He has the morals of a slimy, creeping slug. Apologies to slugs.
raison de arizona

SuzieC wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:26 pm
p0rtia wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:05 pm Explosive hearing. Never seen anything like it. My god.

Yes, every Republican witness and committee member has done shit I loathe; shit aimed at voter suppression. That was irrelevant today.
Every Republican witness and committee member reached a line that they could not cross. Morally, ethically, or legally. Not Trump. He has no boundaries. He has the morals of a slimy, creeping slug. Apologies to slugs.
Not just tfg. Every single one of them that continue to support him. And every single one of them that continue to support the Republican party under his direction.

Every single one of them.

Boo fucking hoo.

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I distinctly recall covering a Trump rally in Valdosta, GA at the height of the GA Sen runoff where they played a video accusing Ms. Moss of tampering with ballots. The crowd was vicious as the video played, screaming at the monitors.. while Trump smiled and nodded along.
A bit more at the link.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Notable-> it happened quickly, but the committee showed RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel acknowledging that former President Trump himself was directly involved in the fake elector plot.

Here was the exchange from her testimony:
raison de arizona

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:47 pm No one should have to go through that, but Bowers really chose to lay down with dogs.
https://twitter.com/flexghost1/status/1 ... 1681371144
flexghost. @flexghost1 wrote: Speaker Bowers recounts threats on himself and his family for upholding his oath of office. Emotion overwhelms him as he says “when I saw the gun I knew I had to get close… [neighbors have a] daughter who's gravely ill, who was upset by what was happening outside…”
BTW- to be clear, Bowers remains a tfg supporter and is committed to voting for tfg in 2024 if he runs. Because of course he is.
Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 3.02.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 3.02.53 PM.png (174.77 KiB) Viewed 884 times
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:34 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:21 pm Todd and Cevallas(?) are discussing the fake electors submitted to the Archives and if that's illegal by itself.
DOJ is investigating. It was reported somewhere in TFB. There seems to be a law against submitting fraudulent documents to the Archive.
Which is a big DUH to me. When this story first broke someone said it wasn't really a crime because the Archivist tossed them when they arrived so no blood no foul. To me that looked like I could start showing up at banks with million dollar checks I want them to cash and if it doesn't work, no biggie, I can leave to try again later.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Ron Johnson claims it's a non-story.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Someone is too fast for me, was just going to post this. Comments though from Ron F.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (41.67 KiB) Viewed 815 times
raison de arizona

Shot:
► Show Spoiler
Chaser:
► Show Spoiler
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Rachel and Co. now covering multi-faceted fake elector scheme. Trump lawyers thought it was illegal. But of course Trump and his criminal conspirators pushed it anyway.

To me the most shocking thing I saw today was Trump's slander of Ruby Freeman to Raffensberger: " She was a professional vote scammer, vote hustler." That is textbook defamation, isn't it? And I believe Ruby is suing Guiliani and others, and may have reached a settlement with OAN or Newsmax, but why isn't she suing Trump?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

SuzieC wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:10 pm Rachel and Co. now covering multi-faceted fake elector scheme. Trump lawyers thought it was illegal. But of course Trump and his criminal conspirators pushed it anyway.

To me the most shocking thing I saw today was Trump's slander of Ruby Freeman to Raffensberger: " She was a professional vote scammer, vote hustler." That is textbook defamation, isn't it? And I believe Ruby is suing Guiliani and others, and may have reached a settlement with OAN or Newsmax, but why isn't she suing Trump?

Can't get blood from a stone? He ain't got no money, or surely won't by the time she would get to him.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:09 am 10 AM Pacific. Less than two hours.
It's at 7 am here. Damn, I have to go my office at 9 am.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Someone should give Ms. moss and Lady Ruby. Huge houses with all the cool stuff. And security. For the rest of their lives
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

28,000 GA voters skipped the presidential race, but voted down-ballot, which was enough to give the state to Biden.

Pretty sure that was 28K people who still wanted to vote for their local Rs but had been so disgusted by T-Rump they couldn’t bring themselves to vote for him and certainly couldn’t vote Biden, so there you go.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:24 am Someone should give Ms. moss and Lady Ruby. Huge houses with all the cool stuff. And security. For the rest of their lives
Their GoFundMe campaign: https://www.gofundme.com/f/bn596-new-be ... e=customer
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Lady Ruby has raised over $120,000. Her goal was $30,000.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Per the senator, a House intern, name unknown, was able to get a packet of information on electors, author unknown, to the chief of staff of a powerful GOP senator. His. Who then nearly delivered it to the Vice President of the United States to consider.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Witnesses for tomorrow’s House Jan 6 Committee hearing on Trump’s 11th hour interactions with US Justice Dept:

Jeffrey Rosen, Former Acting Atty General

Richard Donoghue, Former Acting Deputy Atty Gen.

Steven Engel, Former Asst Atty Gen for Office of Legal Counsel
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

THE BEST PART!!! of this is that the Committee made it clear that Trump's team took overt acts to ensure that both the Executive Branch and Congress received those fraudulent documents. First they asked to have the certs FLOWN TO DC, then asked Johnson to deliver them.
Jordan? Gym Jordan? I need a score card, who is this Mark Jefferson?

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”