Amazon

tek

Re: Amazon

Post by tek »

I guess it is a local thing..

FedEx has been quite good in my neighborhood. UPS is also pretty good, though they tend to reschedule for the next day a lot.. USPS used to be totally horrible, now they are at least OK for packages.. (though with mail - not packages - they have a dismal mis-deliver record.. at least once a week I have to go put something in a neighbor's mailbox, and at least once a month I get mail addressed to somewhere across town..)
There's no way back
from there to here

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

I've seen 3 carbeques on the highway in the last month. All 3 were FedEx trucks.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

My husband always seemed to be ordering something from Amazon. Me, not so much. But I did have an order this week and, since not everything can be delivered to an Amazon locker, I had it delivered to my home. Imagine my surprise when I looked at the status on Amazon and saw: "Your package was delivered. It was handed directly to a resident." Uh... no. The doorbell was rung and it was left on my front steps. I don't see anywhere at the Amazon site where I can complain about their lie.

Edited to add - I did find where they could call me and I could report this issue. I don't if they'll do anything, but I've done what I could by reporting it.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Somerset

Post by Somerset »

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:00 pm
My husband always seemed to be ordering something from Amazon. Me, not so much. But I did have an order this week and, since not everything can be delivered to an Amazon locker, I had it delivered to my home. Imagine my surprise when I looked at the status on Amazon and saw: "Your package was delivered. It was handed directly to a resident." Uh... no. The doorbell was rung and it was left on my front steps. I don't see anywhere at the Amazon site where I can complain about their lie.

Edited to add - I did find where they could call me and I could report this issue. I don't if they'll do anything, but I've done what I could by reporting it.
Amazon delivery people lie.

I just had an Amazon order "delivered" with the note that it was left with reception (I live in an apartment with a "front desk") and signed for by "Yvonne." There is no Yvonne and the package was never delivered. This isn't the first time, and the reception staff also says this is quite common. According to one staffer, Amazon delivery contractors are required to make a certain number of deliveries a day, and if they're falling behind they'll just mark packages as delivered and make up a delivery status/name.

I've contacted Amazon about this and their response is, "Yes, this happens. Please wait 36 hours and see if your package gets delivered."

To paraphrase Lily Tomlin, "We don't care. We don't have to. We're Amazon." ;)

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Amazon packages are delivered on Mackinac Island by carriage and horse, of course
Thomas Sheffler, marketing manager for Mackinac Island Carriage Tours, said the island gets about 100 to 250 packages a day. While bikes are permitted, the most efficient way to deliver packages are through dray wagon horse carriages.

A dray wagon, usually on two or four wheels, can transport heavy items on their flat or box-like bed. They are almost always steered by animals. In this case, by horses.
I've heard this bull before.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I have boycotted Amazon since I became a Sleeping Giant. Amazon still advertises on Breitbart. I had one lapse when Bezos took on the extortion scam during his divorce . I downloaded the FBI’s Handbook on Serial Killers.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

Addie

Post by Addie »

I'm waiting for an Amazon delivery this morning. I am a very satisfied customer. These college kids who now deliver are the best. They zip right up the stairs with heavy boxes before I even think of asking. Amazon, here in Mexico, doesn't leave packages outside ever, but I notice they've added a new wrinkle to the service.

My last month's delivery was brought here to my house by a younger neighborhood kid whom I know slightly. He didn't even want to take a tip but I made him. But the way I know this kid slightly, in the first place, is because if he sees me carrying groceries from the store, he will run and take them from me and carry them to my door. The first time, I heard his grandmother telling him to help me, but he had since taken on the burden voluntarily. So now Amazon has made his house some kind of drop-off center. I could go to his house and get my package, but I'm glad Amazon gave him a little job, so I won't.

realist

Post by realist »

Addie wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:27 pm
I'm waiting for an Amazon delivery this morning. I am a very satisfied customer. These college kids who now deliver are the best. They zip right up the stairs with heavy boxes before I even think of asking. Amazon, here in Mexico, doesn't leave packages outside ever, but I notice they've added a new wrinkle to the service.

My last month's delivery was brought here to my house by a younger neighborhood kid whom I know slightly. He didn't even want to take a tip but I made him. But the way I know this kid slightly, in the first place, is because if he sees me carrying groceries from the store, he will run and take them from me and carry them to my door. The first time, I heard his grandmother telling him to help me, but he had since taken on the burden voluntarily. So now Amazon has made his house some kind of drop-off center. I could go to his house and get my package, but I'm glad Amazon gave him a little job, so I won't.
:thumbs:
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I don't recall if it's been mentioned in this thread, but if you go to their site via smile.amazon.com, a small donation will be made to the charity of your choosing each time you purchase. Except books.

Addie

Post by Addie »

USA Today
Amazon commits to 100% renewable energy, 100,000 electric vans to fight climate change

WASHINGTON – Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos said Thursday that the company has committed to meet the terms of the Paris climate agreement 10 years ahead of schedule, including by purchasing 100,000 electric vans and moving to 100% renewable energy.

Amazon, which committed to be carbon neutral by 2040, has been facing pressure from its employees and activists to reduce its emissions in an effort to combat climate change.

A day before a global climate strike is expected to call attention to the world's environmental plight, Bezos said the company would use its considerable leverage to slash carbon emissions.

Bezos told reporters that Amazon would "implement de-carbonization strategies in line with the Paris agreement," alter its "actual business activities to eliminate carbon" and acquire "credible" carbon offsets with "nature-based solutions."

Former United Nations climate chief Christiana Figueres, who appeared alongside Bezos in an endorsement of the company's plan, said Amazon would also pressure its business partners to meet the goals.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

I have an all electric automobile. Bought it last month. And it's not a Tesla.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Do you like it, Stern?

Sterngard Friegen

Addie wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:19 pm
Do you like it, Stern?
I love it. I have one electric (whose doors close themselves!) and one noisy gas burner. (I'm having my Medieval Ages crisis.) Both made by the country one of Trump's favorite people presides over. (Hint: She's from East German and she speaks Russian. She also talks to little Putin in his own language and towers over him.)

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

:swoon:
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

I must have an aberration for a post office. They out-perform UPS/FedEx and it's not even close. UPS is meh in my area and FedEx can go fark themselves. Amazing how different things are depending on area.

Addie

Post by Addie »

You see, anything can happen :-D
TexasFilly wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:48 pm
:swoon:

tek

Post by tek »

d-1.jpg
:-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's no way back
from there to here

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I had to look. That add is from the Washington Post, 19 October 1913 per Wikipedia.
My luck with USPS is good. Not so much with UPS and FedEx.

I was supposed to get two-day delivery on something in late February of this year.

It arrived in late July.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

pipistrelle wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:55 am
I had to look. That add is from the Washington Post, 19 October 1913 per Wikipedia.

I was supposed to get two-day delivery on something in late February of this year.

It arrived in late July.
Did you check the tracking number? Two day shipping isn't the same as two day delivery. My experience as a non-Prime customer has been that sometimes it takes two weeks before they give it to the carrier for two day delivery. BTW, USPS tracking doesn't tell me anything. Many times it will say "Departed <insert city name here> at x:xx - In Transit." I never see a tracking update again until it reaches my local post office.

Beware of buying stuff from a foreign company. Amazon has a bunch of them hawking their goods. Sometimes those sit in customs for a month. Foreign tracking numbers are useless.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

ZekeB wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:20 am
pipistrelle wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:55 am

It arrived in late July.
Did you check the tracking number? Two day shipping isn't the same as two day delivery. My experience as a non-Prime customer has been that sometimes it takes two weeks before they give it to the carrier for two day delivery. BTW, USPS tracking doesn't tell me anything. Many times it will say "Departed <insert city name here> at x:xx - In Transit." I never see a tracking update again until it reaches my local post office.
It was marked in February as “delivered” within the two days.

Sterngard Friegen

tek wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:37 am

:-
Damn. The front seats on that one revolve! Well, back to the dealer . . .

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Yesterday morning, they said this was ON THE TRUCK, OUT FOR DELIVERY.

Today I get this:

kneeling_chair.png

Wha' happen, you got hit by a truck? :confused:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
For more information, read it again.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Whaddya mean, what is it?

It makes you sit with good posture, is what it is. And it's a rocking chair! :blink:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

If your knees can take it they are wonderful. I haven't seen one of those in years. I had the one I had for years, incredibly comfortable, until it quite literally fell apart in little pieces, very sad day.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, and I got the cheap one. Amazon had one for $400, and one for $108. I hope it holds up ... if it ever gets here ...

I had one back in the '80s, but I forget what happened to it. I loved it, don't know why I haven't thought about it for all this time.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Return to “Economy”