January 6 Select Committee

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Slim Cognito »

Cheney is giving closing statement.

trump knew his claims were false.

Pence did not have the power to change the outcome.

trump endangered Pence to pressure him to change the outcome.

the statement by Judge Clark is being read. Should be a good twitter post.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

"A man who loved his country more than himself would have conceded the election."

ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I, Neon ZX, have decided that I should be on the pardon list, if that is still in the works.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

They posted a web site for all their evidence with a tip line.

https://january6th.house.gov/

Luttig's closing statement said trump was putting in place a plan to steal 2024.

ImageImageImage x4
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Thanks for the running log for those of us mired in other stuff.
bob

Post by bob »

After a four-month Twitter break:

Dude's not sorry.

The substack in toto:
One wonders when the legacy media will quit allowing themselves to be played by false innuendo based on selective leaks from the January 6 Committee. Yesterday, the Washington Post ran with a story that I’d had email communication with Ginni Thomas back in early December 2020. Others have tried to tie that to a statement I reportedly made in an email some weeks later, in which I reportedly stated that “I understand that there is a heated fight underway” at the Supreme Court over whether the Court should take the various election cases that were pending on its docket. Recall that the story about a heated fight at the Court over the election cases was the subject of news accounts at the time. See, e.g., Neil Campbell, Rumors Chief Justice Roberts Shouted Down His Peers Over Texas Case Emerge During Electoral College Vote, Vision Times (Dec. 20, 2020), at https://www.visiontimes.com/2020/12/20/ ... -vote.html. Whether or not those news accounts were true, I can categorically confirm that at no time did I discuss with Mrs. Thomas or Justice Thomas any matters pending or likely to come before the Court. We have never engaged in such discussions, would not engage in such discussions, and did not do so in December 2020 or anytime else. As for the email communications I had with Mrs. Thomas? As you can see for yourselves, she invited me to give an update about election litigation to a group she met with periodically. Those from the January 6 committee who leaked a false impression about that email should be ashamed of themselves, but the Post should be embarrassed for running a story based on their false innuendo.
As basically everyone on Twitter noted, Twitter isn't under oath, and Eastman took the Fifth more than Dave Chappelle.*

Image ImageImage
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Eastman asking for a pardon said it all to me.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I wondered if this might be an explanation for Judge Luttig's speech pattern.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:43 pm I wondered if this might be an explanation for Judge Luttig's speech pattern.

That occurred to me, too.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

HawaiiDelilah™ votes DEMOCRATIC BLUE @HawaiiDelilah wrote: 🚨DOJ officially requests transcripts from Jan 6 Committee. Letter reads:"It is now readily apparent that the interviews the select committee conducted are not just potentially relevant to our overall criminal investigations, but are likely relevant to specific prosecutions."🚨
A copy of the letter is at the bottom of this filing:
https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000181 ... b4b86d0000
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Oooh. :popcorn:
raison de arizona

Bennie Thompson nopes out to the DOJ.
Sarah Reese Jones @PoliticusSarah wrote: Bennie Thompson rejects the DOJ pressure for the 1/6 Committee transcripts, "We are not going to stop what we are doing to share the information that we have gotten so far with the Department of Justice. We have to do our work."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tek

Post by tek »

DOJ is getting outed as a bunch of slackers.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Just now watching hearings because I had a medical appointment this afternoon--I must say Greg Jacobs is a great witness. Judge Luttig had gravitas but Greg is nailing Eastman and by extension Trump to the wall.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

:nope: The DOJ can wait their turn.
June bug

Post by June bug »

neonzx wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:07 pm :nope: The DOJ can wait their turn.
This.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

The suspense is building as in a crime drama until we see Mike Pence running for his life.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:27 pm compares Pence to someone in the bible, book of Daniel, about being ordered by the king to do something that's wrong. I don't know the story. Maybe someone can fill us in? Apparently Jacob is religious and had a bible with him and went to that chapter in Daniel as they waited in the tunnels.
I cant really remember the Book of Daniel that well, but think something hat happens in it is that the King signs a law that forces people to Worship him, but its a trap by Daniels enemies who leap into his house as he is worshiping the Lord and drag him in front of the King demanding he be executed for breaking the law.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:48 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:43 pm I wondered if this might be an explanation for Judge Luttig's speech pattern.

That occurred to me, too.
There are reports on Twitter that he recently suffered a stroke, but I haven't seen any sources that I believe. fwiw
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I honestly thought he was being cautious in his responses. But he also seemed angst filled and sad. It was hard for me to wait for his answers but he was awesome.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:18 pm Hannity is becoming a bad word in some RWNJ circles, I’ve noticed in the last couple days.

Also, tfg demands to be heard! He must really not like what is going on today.
7914CD71-A1CF-420D-90CA-BBF1ECCFB1E5.png
Somebody send the lying son of a bitch a plane and tell him to drag his happy ass on in, we'd be happy to let him perjure himself Testify all day long. We'll even do it in prime time, best ratings ever! :pray:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

I thought it was incredible that both Wood and Eastman had been Luttig's clerks. Yet Luttig said he had been honored to have Wood be his law clerk. His views of Eastman were very, very different.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

dan1100 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:00 am Bold prediction.

The Select Committee already has the deposition of someone who was on the tour or who helped set it up.
Ya know, seeing that they have the pictures the guy took of Nadler's office plaque and the wall with all the committee staff photos, ya gotta wonder how they don't have the pictures he took of all the other stuff, and wonder if maybe they know who he is and have already had a chat. :popcorn:

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:54 pm The pressure on Pence must have been crushing, and spread out over many weeks. The OSG doesn't mess around when he wants something. This makes Pence’s resistance more admirable, IMHO.

Also, too, we should thank God. You just know that Pence spent hours in prayer over this. Apparently, God never once told him it sounded like a good idea.
God wavered, thank Dan Quayle. :rotflmao:

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”