WITHDRAWN: Bill de Blasio 2020

Addie

WITHDRAWN: Bill de Blasio 2020

Post by Addie »

New York Times
Bill de Blasio on the Issues: What Kind of Democrat Is He?

Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York became the 23rd Democrat to enter the race for the White House on Thursday, and he is expected to try to position himself toward the leftward edge of the field. But running a local government typically means making compromises, and Mr. de Blasio’s record is more complex than his rhetoric.

He can lay claim to running a larger executive branch than any of his rivals, with the exception of Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s two terms as vice president. (New York City has more residents than the home states of each of the three governors in the race, Colorado, Washington and Montana.) And he can tout New York’s booming economy and falling crime rate while pointing to a flurry of other liberal agenda items he has pursued.

Mr. de Blasio, 58, rose to the mayoralty as a self-styled progressive, and he has repeatedly called for the national party to move to the left. Back home, though, he has proved a more cautious politician. He has supported incumbent Democratic politicians against progressive insurgents, for instance, and he has drawn persistent criticism from his left flank. An early biography of Mr. de Blasio was titled “The Pragmatist.”

As a bearded young man in the late 1980s, Mr. de Blasio admired the cause of the leftist Sandinistas of Nicaragua. But in New York, he rose to power as a political insider who worked in City Hall and later managed Hillary Clinton’s 2000 Senate campaign before starting his own political career.

Foggy

Re: Bill de Blasio 2020

Post by Foggy »

Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York became the 23rd Democrat to enter the race ...
No, I have 24 in my master list.

Who's responsible?
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Addie

Post by Addie »

Associated Press
De Blasio gets 2020 presidential backing from local union

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio (dih BLAH’-zee-oh) has picked up the first union endorsement of his longshot presidential bid.

The New York Hotel and Motel Trades Council announced Wednesday that it is endorsing de Blasio and will send members to campaign for him in early voting states including New Hampshire, Iowa and South Carolina.

De Blasio is among two dozen candidates seeking the Democratic presidential nomination. Since joining the race last month, he has struggled to emerge from the pack and may not qualify for the first Democratic debates .

But Hotel and Motel Trades Council President Peter Ward says de Blasio offers “much-needed hope to working families across the country.”

The 40,000-member union local is an affiliate of the national hotel workers union UNITE HERE.

Addie

Post by Addie »

New York Daily News
De Blasio’s presidential campaign raises a paltry $1.1M

Mayor de Blasio’s presidential campaign against the rich is being funded by chump change, according to new campaign numbers.

The mayor’s quixotic bid for the White House raised nearly $1.1 million through the end of June, his campaign announced Monday. That’s far less than South Bend, Indiana Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who raised a whopping $24.8 million between April and June, despite running a city with a population of only 102,000.

Presidential candidates had until Monday to file fundraising totals for this year’s second quarter with the Federal Election Commission.

De Blasio, who has called for tax hikes for wealthy Americans, finished last month with about $728,000 cash on hand, the campaign said. Of the $1.1 million raised from roughly 6,700 donors, 92% came from contributions of $50 or less.

While de Blasio didn’t raise the least of the more than 20 Democratic candidates for president, Hizzoner’s showing paled in comparison to heavy-hitters in the crowded field.

Addie

Post by Addie »

The Hill
De Blasio proposes 'robot tax' to counter job losses from automation

New York City Mayor and Democratic presidential candidate Bill de Blasio on Thursday has unveiled a proposal for a "robot tax" and other measures to combat job losses due to increasing automation.

Under the proposed tax, corporations that automate procedures resulting in job losses that do not provide "adequate replacement employment" would be required to pay five years of payroll taxes up front for each employee whose job is eliminated, according to a statement from de Blasio's campaign.

The mayor also said he would create a new agency called the Federal Automation and Worker Protection Agency (FAWPA) to regulate automation growth and oversee its effect on employment. In addition, he endorsed closing tax loopholes including the “accelerated depreciation” loophole that allow corporations to deduct certain investments from taxes.

De Blasio's campaign said that new revenue streams from the tax and closing of loopholes would allow FAWPA to enable the creation of jobs in the green energy, health care and early childhood education fields.

“But current automation practices are an existential threat to our nation’s workforce that destroys good jobs and directs more and more of the profits only to the wealthiest Americans," de Blasio said in the statement. "My automation plan is the only one that would provide security for current workers and facilitates new, secure good-paying jobs for the next generation of working people."

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Wake me when he drops out. :yawn:

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Morning Stern, rise and shine!
Axios 22 mins ago

Bill de Blasio drops out of 2020 presidential race

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Friday that he is dropping out of the 2020 presidential race during an appearance on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

The big picture: De Blasio gained recognition over the years for his progressive policies, but also drew criticism for focusing on his national profile more than the city he was elected to serve. Throughout the campaign, New York City issues came to the forefront, including when protestors infiltrated the second debate to demand he fire New York police officer Daniel Pantaleo over the 2014 killing of Eric Garner.

At the time of his announcement, 76% of registered voters in New York did not think de Blasio should run for president, according to a Quinnipiac University poll.

De Blasio managed to pull off a few standout moments, including when he came out in support of the Paycheck Fairness Act and the Amateur Sports Act, which guarantee equal pay and resources in sports, regardless of gender.
https://www.axios.com/bill-de-blasio-20 ... 2247a.html
#Birther #Grifter #Liar Mike Zullo is Too Hot For TV! And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season in March on weTV!

Sterngard Friegen

Re: WITHDRAWN: Bill de Blasio 2020

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

:thumbs: :geezertowel:

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

On behalf of humanity, I issue this official statement on this news.

"Who?"
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Addie

Post by Addie »

The Mayor of the City of New York. But I get your gist. ;)
Suranis wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:33 am
On behalf of humanity, I issue this official statement on this news.

"Who?"

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

I'm so old I remember when Noo Yawk Citty was the biggest city in the world. :geezertowel:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Return to “Presidential Election”