DOJ Investigation: Re Jeffrey Epstein Plea Deal; 2008 SDFL; 2019 SDNY

Suranis

Re: DOJ Investigation: Re Jeffrey Epstein Plea Deal; 2008 SDFL; 2019 SDNY

Post by Suranis » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:33 pm

Have to get a better source than the Daily Fail.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Joey

Post by Joey » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:53 pm

Kendra wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:49 am
There are 'discrepancies' in the images of Maxwell at the Hollywood burger bar
She is pictured in front of a Good Boys poster that was allegedly photoshopped
Also the diner who 'chanced' upon Maxwell appeared to use a pro camera
They are the photographs that raise more questions than they answer.

When Jeffrey Epstein's ex-girlfriend and alleged co-conspirator Ghislaine Maxwell was snapped for the first time in three years last week, it was claimed a fellow diner had 'chanced' upon her at a Los Angeles burger bar.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ssion=true

Not to go down the co spinach rabbit hole, but her skin looks a lot better in the second photo...
That's a rather distinctive piece of jewelry she's wearing on her right hand. I have to admit, it seems a bit odd that someone who is probably wanted for questioning would be chowing down on a burger at a fast food place in LA.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:12 pm

Maxwell is now the most powerful woman in the world as she holds a cadre of the most powerful men in the world by the balls.

Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:14 pm

Anyone looks better posed for a picture than having just taken a bite out of something and started chewing. But, yeah, sure someone had a picture of some random woman and decided to do a photoshop of Maxwell, but for shits and giggles they threw in the picture of the other woman too. Yeah, that's credible.

"she holds a cadre of the most powerful men in the world by the balls" - I'd still be interested to know, if I can ask without making people angry, what is the factual basis for this belief.

First off, nobody knows at this point whether she had already cooperated in the investigation that led to the Epstein indictment in the first place.

As I understand it, the belief that Epstein was involved in some global child pimping scheme is based on:

1. Precisely one of the numerous victims of Epstein's attentions, Virginia Giuffre, has alleged to have been passed around among Epstein, Prince Andrew, George Mitchell, Dershowitz and some other minor notables. Her claims are not proven, but her claims also do not include some far-reaching global network of powerful people.

2. The "Katie Johnson" thing, which originated with a Jerry Springer producer and has thus far succeeded in bilking $49,000 out of a Ted Cruz backer, and punking Lisa Bloom.

3. The remaining "evidence" is that Epstein had dealings with many wealthy and influential people.

Is there something else I am missing, which suggests that there is some group of wealthy and influential people who were involved in some way with Epstein providing them with girls for sexual purposes? People all over the political spectrum are dead sure of this - albeit with different rosters of candidates - so I can't help but feel there is something huge I'm missing.

A related question I have is why all of the lawyers representing victims are so stupid. They seem to be preparing or have proceeded, to take legal action of some kind against the Epstein estate, but not against all of these other wealthy and powerful people. Why are the lawyers so dumb that they are not following the first rule of litigation - sue everyone?
Thanks pal.

Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:36 pm

Incidentally, this is the In-N-Out depicted in the photographs:

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1348936 ... 312!8i6656
Thanks pal.

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:45 pm

Someone is suing
Jeffrey Epstein accuser sues financier's estate and Ghislaine Maxwell
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ne-maxwell
The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.

Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:50 pm

Hurtzi wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:45 pm
Someone is suing
Jeffrey Epstein accuser sues financier's estate and Ghislaine Maxwell
Why isn't she suing all of the other wealthy and powerful people involved?

Fear, stupidity, or lack of a network of wealthy and powerful child abusers?
Thanks pal.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:47 am

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:36 pm
Incidentally, this is the In-N-Out depicted in the photographs:

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1348936 ... 312!8i6656
I realize the article was the Daily Fail, but if they are going to make some issue about the advertising, it would help if the sign did not appear to be a scrolling one that changes posters during the day.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:37 am

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business-le ... -york-city
In 2015, several years after his release from prison, Jeffrey Epstein showed up to a small lunch party at a Palm Beach mansion a few doors down from his own opulent estate, a neighborhood that is home to millionaires – and more than a few billionaires – like himself.

Several things stood out for one attendee who relayed this account to FOX Business. First, Epstein, a registered sex offender, easily mingled with the guests as if nothing in his past should concern them.

Also, Epstein, then in his early 60s, was accompanied by an extremely young woman whom he introduced as his girlfriend.

Then there were his shoes, or to be more exact, the obviously expensive pair of black-velvet slippersOpens a New Window. he was wearing. As the attendee remembered them, one slipper prominently featured a large ostentatiously embroidered image of a screw on its top. The other displayed a large embroidered letter “U.”
A bit more at the link, but there is a video that auto-plays.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:17 pm

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:19 pm

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ssion=true
Private jets, parties and eugenics: Jeffrey Epstein’s bizarre world of scientists
The billionaire financier and convicted sex offender famously mixed with presidents, models and film stars. But he also indulged his unorthodox beliefs by cultivating top scientists

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:58 pm

I rather suspect that 99% of the people who had contact with Epstein on a regular or occasional basis prior to 2009 had no clue about what he was into.

After 2009, I bet that many still remained clueless.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:10 pm

Sounds like the head of BoP is getting axed because Bill Barr is so appalled that this happened. :fingerwag:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:16 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:10 pm
Sounds like the head of BoP is getting axed because Bill Barr is so appalled that this happened. :fingerwag:
But, because of the hiring freeze, won't be replaced Amirite?

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:17 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:10 pm
Acting head, of course. One of the evening hosts on MSNBC did a little piece on this guy recently. He, like most of Trump's "actings," had no qualifications for the job. The host predicted this guy's head would roll (although no doubt they'll find another spot for him). The great irony is that Bill Barr, who has no hesitation inserting himself into a myriad of things where he doesn't belong, failed miserably in making sure this defendant stayed alive to stand trial. The BOP is under Barr. He is truly a deplorable excuse for a human.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:24 pm

Kendra wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:49 am
There are 'discrepancies' in the images of Maxwell at the Hollywood burger bar
She is pictured in front of a Good Boys poster that was allegedly photoshopped
Also the diner who 'chanced' upon Maxwell appeared to use a pro camera
They are the photographs that raise more questions than they answer.

When Jeffrey Epstein's ex-girlfriend and alleged co-conspirator Ghislaine Maxwell was snapped for the first time in three years last week, it was claimed a fellow diner had 'chanced' upon her at a Los Angeles burger bar.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ssion=true

Not to go down the co spinach rabbit hole, but her skin looks a lot better in the second photo...
I suspect it was a Photoshop done by the author of the book she's supposedly reading to promote his book. Because a "G. Maxwell" has recently posted a favorable review of the book on Amazon, and the review includes lots of references to the investigation.

And yes, the conspiracy theorists have fallen for it hook, line, and sinker.
I've heard this bull before.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:25 pm

Interesting. Lots of comments. https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-revi ... hisHelpful

It is possible to change one's Amazon profile name to say, G Maxwell, for fun and write a spoof review.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:12 pm

https://nypost.com/2019/08/19/jeffrey-e ... ssion=true
Jeffrey Epstein’s will has been filed in the US Virgin Islands, and it shows that he signed it Aug. 8 — two days before he hanged himself in his Manhattan jail cell, according to court papers exclusively obtained by The Post on Monday.

The multimillionaire convicted pedophile was worth $577,672,654, or about $18 million more than he previously stated in court papers while futilely trying to land bail on federal sex-trafficking charges, the new documents show.

The former hedge-fund manager put all of his holdings in a trust, called The 1953 Trust in court papers, after the year he was born.

“It’s pretty boiler-plate — it’s what we call a ‘pour-over will,’ which means everything pours over to a trust,” a city estate lawyer told The Post. “It’s done that way for privacy reasons.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 am

Kendra wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:12 pm
Jeffrey Epstein’s will has been filed in the US Virgin Islands, and it shows that he signed it Aug. 8 — two days before he hanged himself in his Manhattan jail cell, according to court papers exclusively obtained by The Post on Monday.

The multimillionaire convicted pedophile was worth $577,672,654, or about $18 million more than he previously stated in court papers while futilely trying to land bail on federal sex-trafficking charges, the new documents show.

The former hedge-fund manager put all of his holdings in a trust, called The 1953 Trust in court papers, after the year he was born.

“It’s pretty boiler-plate — it’s what we call a ‘pour-over will,’ which means everything pours over to a trust,” a city estate lawyer told The Post. “It’s done that way for privacy reasons.
The Will reads like it was made by Willmaker or some other software.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:14 am

Whatever4 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 am
Kendra wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:12 pm

The Will reads like it was made by Willmaker or some other software.
All wills read like that, even wills drafted by attorneys who regularly practice in the area.

And they all use software. Our Legal Assistance office used DLWills. You fill out a questionnaire, the paralegal inputs the data, including the jurisdiction where the will is to be executed, and the attorney (theoretically) examines the will and does the research to make sure it will hold up under the laws of the jurisdiction. No one draws up a will from a blank sheet of paper.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:49 am

Any particular reason why he would file it in the Virgin Islands? He had to have had that will drawn up while he was in custody. Give the guy credit for planning ahead.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:59 am

Kendra wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:25 pm
Interesting. Lots of comments. https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-revi ... hisHelpful

It is possible to change one's Amazon profile name to say, G Maxwell, for fun and write a spoof review.
I would say lots of gullible people with time to spend outraging online. SAD!

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:01 am

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/0 ... /23797700/
Prince Andrew and disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein are known to have been friends for nearly 20 years.
•According to a 2011 Vanity Fair article, Prince Andrew robustly defended their friendship even after Epstein was convicted of being a sex offender.
•Andrew reportedly told a friend who warned him to abandon Epstein: "You're such a puritan ... Jeffrey's my friend... And I'm going to be loyal to him."
•It comes in stark contrast a statement this week, in which said he was "appalled" by reports of Epstein's alleged sex crimes.
•Andrew also hosted Epstein and his entourage at Balmoral Castle, the Queen's estate in Scotland, about 20 years ago, The Daily Mail reported on Monday, citing a woman who joined the trip.

Prince Andrew once defended his controversial friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, telling a friend who warned him against it that they were being "such a puritan," a 2011 report from Vanity Fair claimed.
Article links to a 2011 VF article that's worth a read with :popcorn:

https://archive.vanityfair.com/article/ ... 014fe20062

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:38 pm

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-peop ... SKCN1VA1B4
Three more women sue Epstein's estate over alleged abuse
:snippity:
All three said the abuse continued after Epstein reached a deal with federal prosecutors in Florida in 2007. The deal allowed him to plead guilty to state prostitution charges and spend 13 months in a county jail, during which he was allowed to leave during the day on work release.

The lawsuits said Epstein had Katlyn and Priscilla flown to Florida so he could continue to abuse them even while he was on work release from jail. He made Katlyn feel dependent by promising to pay for medical treatment she needed, according to her lawsuit.

He exerted control over Lisa and Priscilla by promising, falsely, to advance their dance careers, their lawsuits said.

The lawsuit by Katlyn alleges that in 2013, Epstein forced her to marry one of his associates who needed the arrangement to become a legal resident of the United States.
:snippity:

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:04 pm

ZekeB wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:49 am
Any particular reason why he would file it in the Virgin Islands? He had to have had that will drawn up while he was in custody. Give the guy credit for planning ahead.
I was wondering that, too. :think:
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”