American Peoples Convoy Protest

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Re: American Peoples Convoy Protest

Post by keith »

Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:01 pm They drove all the way into DC, but went to the wrong place and missed the event they were attending. Of course.
Off Topic
One of the j6ers, not a rube IIRC, thought the Capitol was the White House. That floored me. Without internet or photos, just the occasional news on TV that I rarely watched, even I knew what the White House and Capitol look like.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:46 pm They are back to playing cornhole at this hour. Gripping televised entertainment. :dance:

cornholioaction.jpg

In fairness, we set up a couple of cornhole boards at the U.S. Embassy in London on the weekend before Memorial Day just to do an Employee appreciation picnic-on-the-lawn before leaving for the weekend, and let me tell you, the drama, fun, and excitement were real because most of our local UK staff had *never played*. So one of my IT colleagues who loves the game was happily teaching it, and it became *cutthroat*.

One of the kindest, sweetest, local UK staffers is a woman I'll call X. She works in one of our internal management sections that isn't IT, but we've worked together on a project. I'm talking Disney Princess-level personality, where I'm surprised birds don't have to be stopped from flocking to her outstretched arms. But X became an absolute *menace* at the game. She took two passes to master it and then was trouncing everybody, even my colleague who taught her. Our Finance manager shares my weird sense of humor and I sometimes have to explain his contextual jokes to people on his behalf; he and I were shouting "she's a ringer! she's a ringer!" (we were joking, she wasn't) and then we had to explain to her what that meant, of course. One of the off-duty Marines joined in the fun. She demolished him and he would have been completely embarassed but X was so gracious that he walked off happy about it, like he helped her find her place in the universe. X is a complete legend now for something other than being Sweetest Person at the Embassy; I think she kind of likes being thought of as a shark, so that's nice. :lol:

So don't let anyone ever tell you that a game of cornhole can't be riveting. :fingerwag: Circumstances, circumstances.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:37 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:01 pm They drove all the way into DC, but went to the wrong place and missed the event they were attending. Of course.
Off Topic
One of the j6ers, not a rube IIRC, thought the Capitol was the White House. That floored me. Without internet or photos, just the occasional news on TV that I rarely watched, even I knew what the White House and Capitol look like.
I knew in the third grade. From The Weekly Reader.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:33 pm
LM K wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:28 pm Oh noes!!

The fake firetruck is in desperate need of new tires!
Yikes. So not only is the fake firetruck dead with it's electrical system problem, but it needs new tires??! :o I hope they know they can't just drive over to Walmart and have a new set put on for a few hundred dollars. 8-)

LM K, any update on the Waaambulance? I haven't seen it in the camp --
Last I heard, the transmission was being shipped to somewhere to fix it.

I don't know where the fake ambulance is, though. I haven't seen it at camp.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

I know it's foolish of me to expect rationality from these idiots but, purely as a matter of interest....what EXACTLY is the "Convoy of the Bewildered" protesting/demanding nowadays..?

This, IIRC, is what it was originally with a "mission statement" says,

“Americans love our freedoms and love the Constitution of The United States of America. This convoy aims to bring back our freedoms, our civil liberties, and bring an end to all unconstitutional mandates, The People’s Convoy is about rights and future generations' freedom. The organization is not about political parties, but more so about a government that has forgotten its place and has no regard for our founding fathers' instructions, The Constitution.”

IS there anything left in the roaring vacuum of what passes for their collective zetgeist..?
LM K

Post by LM K »

The fake ambulance has been abandoned by the convoy. I don't know if its been abandoned by the owner. Thousands of dollars were raised to buy a new transmission for the fake ambulance.

I hope all this was worth it for the owner. She lived in the fake ambulance. I think it was her tiny house before this crap begin. All she did was drive it everywhere while blaring sirens. And occasionally block traffic so the convoy could run red lights.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Mr brolin wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:04 am I know it's foolish of me to expect rationality from these idiots but, purely as a matter of interest....what EXACTLY is the "Convoy of the Bewildered" protesting/demanding nowadays..?

This, IIRC, is what it was originally with a "mission statement" says,

“Americans love our freedoms and love the Constitution of The United States of America. This convoy aims to bring back our freedoms, our civil liberties, and bring an end to all unconstitutional mandates, The People’s Convoy is about rights and future generations' freedom. The organization is not about political parties, but more so about a government that has forgotten its place and has no regard for our founding fathers' instructions, The Constitution.”

IS there anything left in the roaring vacuum of what passes for their collective zetgeist..?
They're so depressed that I haven't heard them scream FREEDUMB in weeks. Now they just sit around the camp fire farting while discussing the many ways that brave PATRIOTS like them have been wronged.

Bitching. Bitching is now the cause.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
The Constitution is 235 years old and failed us in the 2016 election. I'm not as big a fan as I once was ... :(
Never trust a llama with a knife and a sombrero.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

LM K wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:18 pm Sex offender level assessment isn't solely dictated by the level of felony offense. Sex offender level is based on level of felony offense and psychosocial assessment.
:snippity:
Marcus is Level 3 Sexually Violent Predator because of his felony level and his performance on the above assessments.
Thanks for the very informative clarification.
101010 :towel:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

LM K wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:05 am The fake ambulance has been abandoned by the convoy. I don't know if its been abandoned by the owner. Thousands of dollars were raised to buy a new transmission for the fake ambulance.

I hope all this was worth it for the owner. She lived in the fake ambulance. I think it was her tiny house before this crap begin. All she did was drive it everywhere while blaring sirens. And occasionally block traffic so the convoy could run red lights.
May the same fate beset upon that awful fake firetruck and its damn siren. :pray:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

LM K wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:05 am The fake ambulance has been abandoned by the convoy. I don't know if its been abandoned by the owner. Thousands of dollars were raised to buy a new transmission for the fake ambulance.

Ambulances by their very nature have a rough life on the roads. Not the best choice of engine, transmission and drive train for a RV conversion. Also too its best to have a mechanic look at it before taking it long miles cross country. I bet the purchase contract had something about demilitarization in it that would require the new owner to remove the emergency siren and lights.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I can always count on the Fogbow to expose my cultural ignorance. I didn't know the game of bean bag toss is also called cornhole. :bag:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:34 am I can always count on the Fogbow to expose my cultural ignorance. I didn't know the game of bean bag toss is also called cornhole. :bag:
Don't fret 'cause I didn't know the bean bag toss game was called "cornhole" in some circles until ~5 years ago. When I first heard that name, my mind went into the gutter WTF kink game is that? :lol: :bag:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

All I know is that no-one ever wants my beanbags, especially in their cornholes. :mad:
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

My next door neighbor, turned trump minion and Tucker Carlson fangirl, and her husband used to make "cornhole boards" which were sold by a distributor. I don't think they ever knew...
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

It has been called "cornhole" here on the North Fork for years.

It is popular at wineries and breweries. Kids drinking soft drinks play it while their parents sip the adult beverages.

There are even leagues that compete in the evenings rather like bowling but outside.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I did sort of know that was the name, but I tend to forget so I just refer to it as that throwing bean bag game thing.
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

This game is probably fun once in a while as part of a get together or picnic dealie, but as a daily way of life?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

“Politics ain’t…cornhole”?
Jim

Post by Jim »

LM K wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:20 am Now they just sit around the camp fire farting while discussing the many ways that brave PATRIOTS like them have been wronged.

Bitching. Bitching is now the cause.
LM K

Post by LM K »

northland10 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:27 am
LM K wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:18 pm Sex offender level assessment isn't solely dictated by the level of felony offense. Sex offender level is based on level of felony offense and psychosocial assessment.
:snippity:
Marcus is Level 3 Sexually Violent Predator because of his felony level and his performance on the above assessments.
Thanks for the very informative clarification.
:bighug:
LM K

Post by LM K »

neonzx wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:55 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:34 am I can always count on the Fogbow to expose my cultural ignorance. I didn't know the game of bean bag toss is also called cornhole. :bag:
Don't fret 'cause I didn't know the bean bag toss game was called "cornhole" in some circles until ~5 years ago. When I first heard that name, my mind went into the gutter WTF kink game is that? :lol: :bag:
I didn't know until season 2 of Ted Lasso ... just months ago.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:42 am My next door neighbor, turned trump minion and Tucker Carlson fangirl, and her husband used to make "cornhole boards" which were sold by a distributor. I don't think they ever knew...
Oh my!

The game was listed on the 1776's Amazon wishlist. It's an item that is critical to the salvation of FREEDUMB!

Why is a homophobic group playing a game called "cornhole"?

Return to “Current Politics”