:clap:
pipistrelle

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by pipistrelle »

:thumbsup: :dance: :lol:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Almost 20 million Americans watched the first public Jan. 6 Committee hearing — just on the main TV networks, according to Nielsen.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

It's Friday, getting late and I'm tired to post individual links. Acyn has lots of stuff from Friday evening Fox broadcasts. https://twitter.com/Acyn
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/t ... 235290726/
The irony is rich: Truth Social, Donald Trump’s Twitter copycat claiming it is “free from political discrimination,” has reportedly banned users who posted information from Thursday’s congressional hearing on the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol — in which the former president is a key focus.

That’s according to several posts on Twitter by users who claimed Truth Social was censoring them. Reps for Trump Media & Technology Group, which owns and operates Truth Social, did not respond to a request for comment.

Travis Allen, whose Twitter bio describes him as an information security analyst, on Thursday evening posted a screenshot from the Truth Social app that said “Account suspended,” and he wrote: “My Truth Social account was just permanently suspended for talking about the January 6th Committee hearings.”
Cross posted on Truth Social thread.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https:// video.foxnews.com/v/6307626093112#sp=show-clips
Jan. 6 committee is ‘political witch hunt’: Rep. Scalise
Jun. 11, 2022 - 4:52 - Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., reacts to Jan. 6 hearings and slams the committee for targeting political enemies.
Broke the link to avoid autoplay.

I am curious, RCD towards the end of this piece talks about Ashlee Babbitt and why no one's addressing the only person who died that day. IIRC, there was another young woman that died that day, trampled by the crowd was it? :oldlady:

Ayman Mohyeldin did a series featuring her, how she was indoctrinated and her family gave Ayman interviews, etc.

Seems Fox is trying to cover the Committee hearings now, but still struggling with their version of events and narrative. Rachel Campos Duffy in another segment this morning was :confuzzled: how the crowds got into the capitol so easily when it's so hard to get in those buildings. Paraphrasing here, but gosh, when husband Sean was in Congress, if she didn't have her spouse badge or whatever she had to go to the back of the line and have security check her out. And these guys all just walked past it?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump spokesperson Liz Harrington says the J6 Committee is communist: “This is a communist committee that has shown that there’s nothing they won’t do.”
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Do they know what Communism is?

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:25 pm I am curious, RCD towards the end of this piece talks about Ashlee Babbitt and why no one's addressing the only person who died that day. IIRC, there was another young woman that died that day, trampled by the crowd was it? :oldlady:
Rosanne Boyland. Word in the conservative media is that she was beat unconscious by law enforcement with batons, then subsequently beaten to death while unconscious on the ground by law enforcement with batons whilst patriots tried valiantly to pull the officers off her, to no avail.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

From here in The Well Armed Bunker Complex, they can play the shooting of Ashli Babbit all they want. That video doesn't leave a lot of "Peaceful Protestor on the self guided Capitol Tour" room in the narrative. She was literally storming the door to the corridor to the House Chambers, the cop can clearly being heard say "stop or I'll shoot" and you can see plain as day her entitled ass not just asking for a bullet but climbing over the crowd to get to the front of the line.

Play it. Over and over and over ad infinitum.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Gregg wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:20 pm From here in The Well Armed Bunker Complex, they can play the shooting of Ashli Babbit all they want. That video doesn't leave a lot of "Peaceful Protestor on the self guided Capitol Tour" room in the narrative. She was literally storming the door to the corridor to the House Chambers, the cop can clearly being heard say "stop or I'll shoot" and you can see plain as day her entitled ass not just asking for a bullet but climbing over the crowd to get to the front of the line.

Conservative media is pushing a video they claim clearly shows that Babbitt punched the guy trying to get through the glass (as she was NOT trying to enter) while attempting to pull him back, and that she was in fact the "good guy" when she got plugged. mtg featured the video and videographer on her "show," I'll link it later after my food settles.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Rep Zoe Lofgren was just on CNN. Still keeping things close and telling us stuff will come out when it's supposed to come out. Of note when asked about the pardon requests, yeah we'll have to wait for more details, but she was very clear they would not make statements like that unless they could back it up.

Also, she did say they'd be making these hearings available for those unable to watch in real time when work gets in the way.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:thumbsup:
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

The only question I have is will anything change because of this hearing? We (collectively the 'bow) know that TFG instigated what happened even if he didn't outright say "Go try to overthrow the current government so I can be your dictator". But will anything really change? Will anything happen to those that evidence shows is responsible for any of this? Or will it continue to be the 1/3 don't care, 1/3 are pissed about what happened, and 1/3 are in denial.

And that is me being optimistic.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

jez wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:07 pm The only question I have is will anything change because of this hearing? We (collectively the 'bow) know that TFG instigated what happened even if he didn't outright say "Go try to overthrow the current government so I can be your dictator". But will anything really change? Will anything happen to those that evidence shows is responsible for any of this? Or will it continue to be the 1/3 don't care, 1/3 are pissed about what happened, and 1/3 are in denial.

I am not hopeful, Jez.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

If it can swing 5% of US voters away from inactivity/insanity then the Republic might survive another 2 years at least.
much ado

Post by much ado »

This the whole problem for Republicans with the Roe v. Wade issue. This issue is waking up the 1/3 of the electorate who have previously not cared. The uncaring 1/3 is being educated. And it's why many Republicans are trying to be quiet about it rather than gloating that Roe v. Wade is finally about to be overturned.
raison de arizona

Randy Quaid @RandyRRQuaid wrote: Jan6 PRIME TIME HEARING WAS AN FCC VIOLATION BY ALL NETWORKS THAT AIRED this ILLEGAL CAMPAIGN AD. THE FCC MUST ENFORCE THE EQUAL TIME RULE by airing 2000 MULES.
:roll:
raison de arizona

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:23 pm
Gregg wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:20 pm From here in The Well Armed Bunker Complex, they can play the shooting of Ashli Babbit all they want. That video doesn't leave a lot of "Peaceful Protestor on the self guided Capitol Tour" room in the narrative. She was literally storming the door to the corridor to the House Chambers, the cop can clearly being heard say "stop or I'll shoot" and you can see plain as day her entitled ass not just asking for a bullet but climbing over the crowd to get to the front of the line.

Conservative media is pushing a video they claim clearly shows that Babbitt punched the guy trying to get through the glass (as she was NOT trying to enter) while attempting to pull him back, and that she was in fact the "good guy" when she got plugged. mtg featured the video and videographer on her "show," I'll link it later after my food settles.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:21 pm
Randy Quaid @RandyRRQuaid wrote: Jan6 PRIME TIME HEARING WAS AN FCC VIOLATION BY ALL NETWORKS THAT AIRED this ILLEGAL CAMPAIGN AD. THE FCC MUST ENFORCE THE EQUAL TIME RULE by airing 2000 MULES.
:roll:
Assuming this was an opinion oped (J6 hearings) (it wasn't), when did the equal time rule go away-- under what administration did that happen?

And 2000 Mules? Didn't a convicted felon produce that?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Shamelessly stolen from FB.
Attachments
cheney.jpg
cheney.jpg (444.02 KiB) Viewed 477 times
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

jez wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:07 pm The only question I have is will anything change because of this hearing? We (collectively the 'bow) know that TFG instigated what happened even if he didn't outright say "Go try to overthrow the current government so I can be your dictator". But will anything really change? Will anything happen to those that evidence shows is responsible for any of this? Or will it continue to be the 1/3 don't care, 1/3 are pissed about what happened, and 1/3 are in denial.

No. We are beyond normal change events.

But IMO change is not the only or even the intended result. Make your record. Speak the truth. Create something to build on. That is a worthy goal.

Also IMO, the only thing that can change anything now is Garland.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”