President Trump

RTH10260

Re: President Trump

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:04 pm

for the record
NBC News wrote:President Trump's Full, Unedited Interview With Meet The Press | NBC News

Published on 23 Jun 2019

President Donald Trump sat down for an exclusive interview with Meet the Press moderator Chuck Todd on Friday, June 21st, 2019
► Show Spoiler

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:34 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:33 pm
Stable Economic Genius
Trump: ‘I’m Not Happy’ With Fed Chair Jerome Powell, ‘I Don’t Think He’s Done a Good Job’
Justin Baragona
Updated 06.23.19 6:46PM ET / Published 06.23.19 10:09AM ET
NBC

During his interview on NBC’s Meet the Press, President Trump blasted Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell, claiming Powell has “raised interest rates too fast.” Insisting to host Chuck Todd that he never threatened to demote Powell despite reports to the contrary, the president complained that he hasn’t gotten the benefit of low rates but that the economy will “bull through it.”

“But I’m not happy with his actions,” Trump said. “No, I don’t think he’s done a good job. I think this, if he didn’t raise rates Obama had very low rates. So Obama was playing with funny money. I wasn’t. I’m playing with the real stuff.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-im- ... a-good-job
Because 2.37% is just plain Usury! And for the record, stable genius, the rate is still the lowest its been more or less for all of my lifetime.

And Obama did have lower rates early in his term, but there was this little problem with the Auto Industry at the time, and the Banking System almost collapsed, and AIG, a company that had it collapse might have taken down several entire industries with it was pretty much on the verge of collapse and housing and and and.... Its wasn't anything like the Economic Wasteland that Obama left behind for Stable Genius...

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:07 am

Trump thinks some people are calling him a dove. He's nothing but a loon.

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:50 am

I love this place.

ImageImageImage x4

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:06 am

Gregg wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:34 pm
RTH10260 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:33 pm
Stable Economic Genius
:snippity:
Because 2.37% is just plain Usury! And for the record, stable genius, the rate is still the lowest its been more or less for all of my lifetime.

Stable Economic Genius knows how to run the Fed

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Despite a Federal Reserve that doesn’t know what it is doing - raised rates far too fast (very low inflation, other parts of world slowing, lowering & easing) & did large scale tightening, $50 Billion/month, we are on course to have one of the best Months of June in US history...

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
....Think of what it could have been if the Fed had gotten it right. Thousands of points higher on the Dow, and GDP in the 4’s or even 5’s. Now they stick, like a stubborn child, when we need rates cuts, & easing, to make up for what other countries are doing against us. Blew it!

14:53 - 24 Jun 2019

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:30 am

Stable Genius Phuckstick wrote: Now they stick, like a stubborn child, when we need rates cuts, & easing, to make up for what other countries are doing against us.
What other countries are doing against us? FFS, the purpose of the Fed is to try to match the supply of new money created to actual new wealth created and value added, not to have the best ratings. And I hate to teach basic economics to someone who thinks they know more than anyone, and demonstrate it by saying stupid shit like that after they've tried to get a TV show host and a Gold Standard bug appointed toe the Board of Governors and openly speculates if he can fire the Chairman. But let's assume that someday bad things are going to happen and the Fed decides it would be a good thing to stimulate growth. How are you going to do that when the discount rate is under 2% already? Cutting rates? How about a tax cut, looking at $1 trillion a year in deficit spending already and decreasing GDP, flat productivity and no one willing to sign any meaningful trade agreement because they can't trust us to not break them? Further suppose you use those picture you have of Mitch McConnell in bed with a live man AND a dead woman to get some idiot son in law made the Chairman of the Federal Reserve and make Rush Limbaugh the next Secretary of State? That's gonna piss off the Democrats but all its doing overseas is making us a laughingstock, and nations don't make commitments with laughingstocks. No treaties, trade agreements, alliances or "we'd give a damn if you got invaded" statements.

Greatest President, ever....sure. The best one Putin ever had.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:48 am

Gregg wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:30 am
Stable Genius Phuckstick wrote: Now they stick, like a stubborn child, when we need rates cuts, & easing, to make up for what other countries are doing against us.
What other countries are doing against us? FFS, the purpose of the Fed is to try to match the supply of new money created to actual new wealth created and value added, not to have the best ratings. And I hate to teach basic economics to someone who thinks they know more than anyone, and demonstrate it by saying stupid shit like that after they've tried to get a TV show host and a Gold Standard bug appointed toe the Board of Governors and openly speculates if he can fire the Chairman. But let's assume that someday bad things are going to happen and the Fed decides it would be a good thing to stimulate growth. How are you going to do that when the discount rate is under 2% already? Cutting rates? How about a tax cut, looking at $1 trillion a year in deficit spending already and decreasing GDP, flat productivity and no one willing to sign any meaningful trade agreement because they can't trust us to not break them? Further suppose you use those picture you have of Mitch McConnell in bed with a live man AND a dead woman to get some idiot son in law made the Chairman of the Federal Reserve and make Rush Limbaugh the next Secretary of State? That's gonna piss off the Democrats but all its doing overseas is making us a laughingstock, and nations don't make commitments with laughingstocks. No treaties, trade agreements, alliances or "we'd give a damn if you got invaded" statements.

But the economy is just like an old tube television, if the picture is bad you just smack it on the side a couple of times and it will be all better.

I am sure Keynes said that. :sarcasm:

"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:32 pm

Percussive maintenance

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:15 pm

Hurtzi wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:51 pm
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:58 am
Kendra wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:56 am
I hope it's available later. AM Joy had the woman with the rape accusation against Trump, sorry, her name escapes me. She was going into details about how it came about, but dammit, Comcast was burping and I missed half of it. What I did hear, she was very credible.
E. Jean Carroll. Ask E. Jean.
Dumbest woman on earth, if you ask me.
She just confirmed my opinion:
Anderson Cooper cuts to commercial after E. Jean Carroll calls rape 'sexy'
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -rape-sexy

The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.

Lani

Post by Lani » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:37 am

Read beyond the headline.
"I was not thrown on the ground and ravaged," Carroll said, denying that she was a victim. "The word rape carries so many sexual connotations. This was not sexual. It just hurt."

Carroll described the alleged event between Trump and her as a "fight" rather than "rape." Cooper responded by saying that most people would likely think of rape as a violent assault, to which Carroll responded that she thinks most people find rape "sexy."

She said: "I think most people think of rape as being sexy. They think of the fantasies."

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:16 am

Are there any legitimate reasons to doubt her? Last I checked, Trump is on tape admitting to being a serial sexual predator. Only way I'd doubt an accuser is if the whole thing is on high definition video.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:51 am

Lani wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:37 am
"I was not thrown on the ground and ravaged," Carroll said, denying that she was a victim. "The word rape carries so many sexual connotations. This was not sexual. It just hurt."

Carroll described the alleged event between Trump and her as a "fight" rather than "rape." Cooper responded by saying that most people would likely think of rape as a violent assault, to which Carroll responded that she thinks most people find rape "sexy."

She said: "I think most people think of rape as being sexy. They think of the fantasies."
Context doesn't support Hurtzi's bias.

Image Image Image Image Image

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:19 am

Gregg wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:30 am

:eek2: Did I miss something?

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:46 pm

Ya gotta admit it would explain A LOT of things.

Lani

Post by Lani » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:49 pm

Estiveo wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:51 am
Lani wrote:
Well, yeah, that was my point. She never said rape was "sexy". It's a violent assault.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:39 pm

Estiveo wrote:
That's what happens when you rely on the Washington Examiner for your news. I googled that phrase and only got hits from right wing websites. So I watched Anderson Cooper late last night and saw how the phrase was taken out of context. Of course.

But, if you think about it, there are folks who will listen to Trump's bragging of sexual assaults and believe him to be a powerful man of action who causes women to swoon when he sweeps them into his arms. Gag.

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:28 pm

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/re ... r-politics

ANDERSON COOPER, CNN: So you don't feel like a victim?

E. JEAN CARROLL: I was not thrown on the ground and ravished. Which, the word "rape" carries so many sexual connotations. This was not sexual. It just, it hurt.

ANDERSON COOPER: I think most people think of rape as a violent assault. It is not sexual--

E. JEAN CARROLL: I think most people think of rape as being sexy.

ANDERSON COOPER: Let's take a short break.

E. JEAN CARROLL: Think of the fantasies.

ANDERSON COOPER: We're going to take a short break. If you could stick around we can talk more.

E. JEAN CARROLL: You're fascinating to talk to.

If I bend over backwards wearing my editorial hat, I might accept that she meant "sexual" instead of "sexy" and was trying to make that point that rape has nothing to do with sex. But adding on the "Think of the fantasies" blows this out of the water. Whatever happened to her, she is a fucking idiot.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:13 pm

Estiveo wrote:
Lani wrote:

So I understand that it's perfectly ok for a 52 year old journalist to go into a changing cubicle with Donald Trump because he offered her lingerie, undress to try the lingerie and not cry for help as soon as he grabs her by the p... and 20 years later tell the world that he violated her? Or is this a biased description of the facts?

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:18 pm

As much as we hate to admit it, most crime victims are "fucking idiots".

To paraphrase what a Prosecuting Attorney once told me, "Crime victims are almost entirely composed of the very young, the very old, and the very stupid and I tell my people that if you are going to use that as an excuse to shift the blame to them you need to find a different job."

Trump is a criminal and he victimized this lady because he thought he could get away with it at least in part because she is a fucking idiot and as far as I am concerned that makes her more believable, not less.

"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:20 pm

I think she meant exactly sexy, p0rtia. Rape fantasies in women often involve a handsome stranger who is so attracted to her that he can’t help himself. The woman resists but he persists and it isn’t really rape, it’s sex.

Nancy Friday wrote a book about this called My Secret Garden. She collected these fantasies from interviewing hundreds of women. Rape fantasies are somewhat common, but they don’t involve actual rape. It’s forceful sex maybe but usually romantic and sensitive. Sexy. You know, it isn’t until recently that women even admitted they had sexual fantasies, thinking them shameful and slutty, or the provenance of men. E. Jeanne is of the generation Friday wrote about. She may even have read the book, and as an advice columnist, ahe’s ProbBly heard a bunch of them too.

ETA My guess is she knows more about them than anyone writing about this episode. Excepting, perhaps, Erica Jong.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:22 pm

Dan1100 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:18 pm
As much as we hate to admit it, most crime victims are "fucking idiots".

To paraphrase what a Prosecuting Attorney once told me, "Crime victims are almost entirely composed of the very young, the very old, and the very stupid and I tell my people that if you are going to use that as an excuse to shift the blame to them you need to find a different job."

Trump is a criminal and he victimized this lady because he thought he could get away with it at least in part because she is a fucking idiot and as far as I am concerned that makes her more believable, not less.
That's all I said. - "Dumbest woman in the world" . Of course I do believe her.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:30 pm

kate520 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:20 pm
I think she meant exactly sexy, p0rtia. Rape fantasies in women often involve a handsome stranger who is so attracted to her that he can’t help himself. The woman resists but he persists and it isn’t really rape, it’s sex.

Nancy Friday wrote a book about this called My Secret Garden. She collected these fantasies from interviewing hundreds of women. Rape fantasies are somewhat common, but they don’t involve actual rape. It’s forceful sex maybe but usually romantic and sensitive. Sexy. You know, it isn’t until recently that women even admitted they had sexual fantasies, thinking them shameful and slutty, or the provenance of men. E. Jeanne is of the generation Friday wrote about. She may even have read the book, and as an advice columnist, ahe’s ProbBly heard a bunch of them too.

ETA My guess is she knows more about them than anyone writing about this episode. Excepting, perhaps, Erica Jong.
I agree with all of the above. That's my generation too. It's also the generation that knows the destructive power of the "You know you wanted it" mentality. There is a big, big difference between fantasy and reality. By blurring that line, she labels herself a fucking idiot. And does immense damage to her own credibility.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:36 pm

Hurtzi wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:13 pm
So I understand that it's perfectly ok for a 52 year old journalist to go into a changing cubicle with Donald Trump because he offered her lingerie, undress to try the lingerie and not cry for help as soon as he grabs her by the p... and 20 years later tell the world that he violated her? Or is this a biased description of the facts?
Again, it would help if you had actually listened to what SHE had to say. Carroll stated the Trump had asked for her assistance in buying a present. He liked the idea of lingerie and suggested the Carroll model it for him. She said NO and suggested, instead, that Trump put it on over his clothes. She had absolutely NO intention of modeling the lingerie he was buying for someone else! He then grabbed her, like he had bragged about being able to do to women and like so many other women have accused him of doing.

Carroll is credible. Trump is not. Carroll told two other people that same day, so she did not keep it a secret for 20 years. But, like so many, many other women, she chose not to take her experience to the police.

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:59 pm

Kate beat me to it. Rape fantasy isn't just a thing, It's a genre. If even an almost 60 yo gay man is familiar with it, I expect a seasoned advice columnist might become somewhat versed over the years.

Combine that with her relating the incident to two friends at the time and Trump's own bragging of doing just that repeatedly to numerous women...I believe it happened just like she says it happened.

Image Image Image Image Image

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:59 pm

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:36 pm
Hurtzi wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:13 pm
Again, it would help if you had actually listened to what SHE had to say. Carroll stated the Trump had asked for her assistance in buying a present. He liked the idea of lingerie and suggested the Carroll model it for him. She said NO and suggested, instead, that Trump put it on over his clothes. She had absolutely NO intention of modeling the lingerie he was buying for someone else! He then grabbed her, like he had bragged about being able to do to women and like so many other women have accused him of doing.

Carroll is credible. Trump is not. Carroll told two other people that same day, so she did not keep it a secret for 20 years. But, like so many, many other women, she chose not to take her experience to the police.
Off the top of my head, I don't know what year this happened but was it around the time of General Hospital's unfreakinbelievable Luke raped Laura in the disco episode? She then ran off with him, abandoning her husband and had this romantic adventure where they hid from bad guys while simultaneously exposing their crimes?

So, yeah, there was a time when women weren't believed, that we (supposedly) all fantasized about rape and it was not considered a real crime unless the woman was killed or beaten to a pulp.

And as noted above, being clueless (or worse) doesn't give a criminal license to attack. If a man walks down the street with a $100 bill sticking out of his back pocket, it's still stealing if you snag it.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Trump Administration”