Hijack This Thread

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Wait for mtg to claim how many T walls could be built to keep the caravans Chinese out.

ps. it's been fairly quiet in the recent years about the Chinese armies hunkering down in Mexico ;)
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:35 am Wait for mtg to claim how many T walls could be built to keep the caravans Chinese out.

ps. it's been fairly quiet in the recent years about the Chinese armies hunkering down in Mexico ;)
:eek:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Off Topic
recall the lavish spending by the former guy
Records show Trump’s border wall is costing taxpayers billions more than initial contracts
As the presidential election nears, a review of federal spending data found modifications to contracts have increased the price of the border wall by billions, costing about five times more per mile than it did under previous administrations.

BY PERLA TREVIZO AND JEREMY SCHWARTZ, THE TEXAS TRIBUNE AND PROPUBLICA OCT. 27, 2020 12 PM CENTRAL

:snippity: :snippity: :snippity:

In an October update, the administration said it had identified $15 billion — most of it from military funds — to build a total of 738 miles, which comes out to roughly $20 million a mile.

That’s compared with the $2.4 billion the government spent from 2007-15 to build 653 miles of fence, as well as gates, roads, lighting and other infrastructure, according to the GAO.

in https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10/27 ... ing-trump/
6 miles to keep a Taiwanese ship afloat...
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Is there anything better than strawberries and yogurt for breakfast? :lovestruck:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

granola with strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
Katie Porter '28
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Bacon and Eggs Bloody Mary
Bacon-and-Eggs-Bloody-Mary-Culinary-Hill-square.jpg
Bacon-and-Eggs-Bloody-Mary-Culinary-Hill-square.jpg (60.68 KiB) Viewed 667 times
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

OMG, THE BACON IS GETTING WET! AIEEEE! :nooo:
Katie Porter '28
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

That actually looks pretty tasty! :thumbsup:
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

The breakfast of champions for shift workers:
Bacon, Eggs, and Budweiser
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I cooked to get through college, and this one bar and grill I worked at had a breakfast special: two eggs any style and a shot for a buck. Everyone just cracked them into their drink and chugged em down. I don't recall flipping an egg there ever.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

bill_g wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:58 am I cooked to get through college, and this one bar and grill I worked at had a breakfast special: two eggs any style and a shot for a buck. Everyone just cracked them into their drink and chugged em down. I don't recall flipping an egg there ever.
When Riverfront Stadium was being built (the flying saucer where the Reds and Bengals used to play) I was working third shift nearby. After work a group of us would stop for “just the one” to fortify us for the long walk to the garage before the short drive to the campus restaurant for our B, E, and Bud. It was fascinating to watch some of the iron workers come in for their shot and a beer. Some could barely get the shot to their lips as they were shaking so bad. The shot would go down in one gulp and the beer would make the journey without a tremor to be seen.
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

bill_g wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:58 am I cooked to get through college, and this one bar and grill I worked at had a breakfast special: two eggs any style and a shot for a buck. Everyone just cracked them into their drink and chugged em down. I don't recall flipping an egg there ever.
Yeah, yeah, whaddya wan' enyway? Egg in yer beer?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

More ship wreck news

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-10/ ... /101144756

Explorers and historians are telling the world about the discovery of the wreckage of a royal warship that sank in 1682 while carrying a future king of England, Ireland and Scotland.

Key points:

The HMS Gloucester was travelling from southern England to Scotland
One of its passengers, James Stuart, survived to go on to reign as King James II of England
The wreck of the warship was found in 2007 but the discovery was made public only on Friday
Dave from down under

Beer and ship wrecks..,
Reminds me of this from 2018..

https://www.sbs.com.au/food/article/201 ... ldest-beer

Made with 220-year-old yeast derived from a beer bottle discovered on a shipwreck. Sip a piece of Australian history.
By Yasmin Noone
20 JUN 2018 - 10:18 AM UPDATED 20 JUN 2018 - 9:09 AM
Beer-loving Australians have a reason to celebrate (with a drink in hand, of course) – our nation has taken ownership of a respected and rather historic global honour.

Australian brewer James Squire claims to have created the world’s oldest surviving beer, made with 220-year-old yeast derived from an intact beer bottle discovered at the bottom of a shipwreck.

This old beer made new, The Wreck Preservation Ale, was officially launched in Sydney this month.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... uxbndlbing
Broadway Theater To Be Renamed For Icon Lena Horne In Historic First

In a historic first, the Nederlander Organization will rename one of its Broadway theaters to honor the great performer and civil rights activist Lena Horne, the company announced today. The venue, currently the Brooks Atkinson Theatre, will be the first Broadway venue named for a Black woman.

The new name – The Lena Horne Theatre – will become official this fall at a renaming ceremony. The venue currently houses the hit Broadway musical Six.
As I recall, our Dick Tater likes Lena Horne and posted on Fogbow 1.0 this video.

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

For any entertainment lawyers out there, my sweet baby sister got a promotion today* and is now Manager of Contract Administration at Disney Studios. 💖 Mention my name, she’ll get you a sweet deal. :lol:

* Her boss is the best. He first hired her at TriStar when she was pregnant with Ash. After a decade or so of mergers they both were burned out and walked away. A few years later he was asked to come back and he brought her with him. He knew today was the one year anniversary of Ash’s death and he held the announcement a day so it would happen today.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:08 pm ... today was the one year anniversary of Ash’s death ...
I'm still sorry about his death, my friend. That's a loss for the planet. :cry:
Katie Porter '28
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Dave from down under wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:33 am Key points:

The HMS Gloucester was travelling from southern England to Scotland.
You can walk from southern England to Scotland. You can also ride a horse. The ocean is dangerous, but lucky ducks, you can make the trip without ever leaving the soil of England and Scotland. In 1979 I took a train from Scotland to southern England, which is way more safe than an old sailing ship.

Why in the world would anyone want to be on a ship going from southern England to Scotland? :confuzzled:
Katie Porter '28
Dave from down under

Ship was usually faster
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, but with additional risk. Faster because they sail at night in dangerous waters. But I'm glad James II survived, or my knowledge of history would be all wrong. Whew! :oldman:
Katie Porter '28
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I should add that James was the son of Charles I, for whom the great state of North Carolina is named (Charles is Carolus in Latin).
Katie Porter '28

Return to “General Stuff”