Hijack This Thread

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hubby wanted me to share this.

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

How dumbed down is America really?

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Oh good lord. :shock:

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:37 pm Oh good lord. :shock:

They're just missing Tinfoil-Greed and Klanthorn for the full Cavalcade of Fiends...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

I heard they would be there pulling double duty as a "warm up unnatural act" and head fluffers.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

:sick:

But no Gym Jordan?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Gaetz heard there would be 17 year olds there..
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Busted for a night on the town....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-25/ ... /100643636

Betty's exciting night out in Sydney during WWII was a secret — until her daughter busted her

As the theatre lights dim and historic photos of Australian women during WWII are projected onto the screen, Julie Guy spots a familiar face.

By simply settling into her seat, Ms Guy has busted her mother's 76-year secret of heading out for a night on the town as a 16-year-old with work friends to mingle with US soldiers.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

bill_g wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:53 am Image
Bill, what amia looking at? :? Where is this from. :confuzzled:

:lol:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

neonzx wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:57 am Bill, what amia looking at? :? Where is this from. :confuzzled:

It was posted on the OLive Refugee site this morning. Could be a real TV image, or it could be a clever fake. But, it is funny.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

AVC @annevclark wrote: The What We Do in the Shadows press conference has suffered a zoom error so every reporter in the zoom is named "Stephen" and there's no way to change it so they have to just keep calling out "Stephen" and hope someone answers this is the best thing that's happened in weeks

It ended and someone (I think Paul Simms) went "thank you, Stephens" just an all around fantastic day we're having here on planet earth
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Dave from down under

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-07/ ... /101132070

Two additional shipwrecks found off Colombian coast close to San José galleon

Colombian naval officials conducting underwater monitoring of the long-sunken San José galleon have discovered two other historical shipwrecks nearby.

Key points:
The San José galleon is said to contain billions of dollars worth of treasure
An underwater vehicle has discovered two other nearby wrecks nearby — a colonial boat and a schooner
They are thought to be from around the same period as Colombia's war for independence from Spain, some 200 years ago
The San José galleon, thought by historians to be carrying treasure that would be worth billions of dollars and considered by some to be the holy grail of shipwrecks, sank in 1708 near Colombia's Caribbean port of Cartagena.

Its potential recovery has been the subject of decades of litigation, with Spain, Colombia and native Bolivian group the Qhara Qhara all laying claim to its bounty.

In a video statement on Monday, Colombian President Iván Duque and naval officials said a remotely operated vehicle had been sent 900 metres below the surface of the water, allowed new video of the wreckage to be shot.

The vehicle also discovered two other nearby wrecks — a colonial boat and a schooner thought to be from around the same period as Colombia's war for independence from Spain, some 200 years ago.

etc (including some pics)
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Dave from down under wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:00 am https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-07/ ... /101132070

Two additional shipwrecks found off Colombian coast close to San José galleon
:snippity:
Very cool!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Is one of the The Pearl?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

OMG, I encountered a true hero today who rescued me on my way to take my grandbrats back to their parents. We were in the car sitting at a traffic light, and when the light turned green and I put my foot on the gas of my car (2021 Subaru Outback) and it died. Nothing dead stop so I turned on my flashers so the cars behind me could go around and grabbed my phone to call my husband. As soon as he answered a man appeared from the auto shop I broke down in front of who came out, opened my hood got it started and had me pull into his shop where he fixed the car in 5 minutes and sent me on my way with no charge. It was something about fuel injection and an EF5, whatever the hell that is. So I gave him a big hug and went on my way. How cool is that? :thumbsup:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

MsDaisy wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:07 pm OMG, I encountered a true hero today who rescued me on my way to take my grandbrats back to their parents. We were in the car sitting at a traffic light, and when the light turned green and I put my foot on the gas of my car (2021 Subaru Outback) and it died. Nothing dead stop so I turned on my flashers so the cars behind me could go around and grabbed my phone to call my husband. As soon as he answered a man appeared from the auto shop I broke down in front of who came out, opened my hood got it started and had me pull into his shop where he fixed the car in 5 minutes and sent me on my way with no charge. It was something about fuel injection and an EF5, whatever the hell that is. So I gave him a big hug and went on my way. How cool is that? :thumbsup:
People can be awesome! :thumbsup:

I tried to be awesome today, but some people don't want your help and you can't force it on them. We live in a house that used to be a business, and it still looks like a business. It's long and low-slung and has a parking lot. People pull in occasionally to turn around or switch drivers or take in the view or take a nap. Today a small pick-up truck pulled in and a woman got out and the truck peeled out. We went out and asked her if she was OK. She was visibly shaken and backed well away from us as we approached. She said she was OK and she was calling her mom to come pick her up. She started to walk toward the road and we told her she could wait in the rocking chairs on our porch but she declined. She started walking toward Luray (10 miles away), then turned around and started back in the other direction toward New Market (five miles away). I went out and asked her again if she was OK and if I could take her anywhere and she said she was OK, didn't need a ride, and walked off.

She looked to be in her mid-30's. Clean hair, clean clothes, a few tats, dressed kind of hippy-ish. I wanted to help her but she clearly just wanted to be on her way.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Just what the world needs. ;) :roll:

Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

I make the Indy to St. Louis run every 3 or 4 weeks to check in on my 90 year old father and have been since we moved back 4 years ago. Besides the large amount of truck traffic that travels this stretch of I-70 every day, one constant has been the sight of some gargantuan pickup or SUV rolling up on my ass doing 90+ several times a trip. One advantage of $5 a gallon gas? Over the last 2 trips I've noticed that those assholes aren't driving that fast anymore and it seems like a whole lot fewer big trucks/SUVs are even on the highway now. I drive around 73 mph in a 70 mph zone and I don't think I got passed more than a half dozen times in the 240 mile trip today. Maybe $5 a gallon gas isn't such a bad thing after all.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

MsDaisy wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:07 pm OMG, I encountered a true hero today who rescued me on my way to take my grandbrats back to their parents. We were in the car sitting at a traffic light, and when the light turned green and I put my foot on the gas of my car (2021 Subaru Outback) and it died. Nothing dead stop so I turned on my flashers so the cars behind me could go around and grabbed my phone to call my husband. As soon as he answered a man appeared from the auto shop I broke down in front of who came out, opened my hood got it started and had me pull into his shop where he fixed the car in 5 minutes and sent me on my way with no charge. It was something about fuel injection and an EF5, whatever the hell that is. So I gave him a big hug and went on my way. How cool is that? :thumbsup:
I drive a 2020 Outback (I think we talked briefly in TFB 1.0 about it) and follow what's going on with these cars pretty closely and I've never heard of an issue like this before. I'd like to know more about the cause of this and wonder if you shouldn't talk to your dealer to make sure it's something that doesn't happen again. This really should never happen with a car this new. I've got about 25k on mine and other than a couple of infotainment system reboots it's been essentially perfect.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

That's for replacement parts to maintain their existing fleet.

Return to “General Stuff”