Hijack This Thread

Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

An article in The Guardian that I thought some Fogboggers might an interesting read when pausing for coffee. The title tells you what is about: The big idea: could the greatest works of literature be undiscovered?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Happy Memorial Day!

Since I was draggy on Saturday after my second booster on Friday, my husband and son put flowers on my parents' and my grandmother's graves. On Friday, I had bought two dozen red and white roses. We decided to go back over yesterday. A veteran's group was giving away free flags and holders, so we went back to the graves to add the flag. As I was coming close to the graves, it didn't look like there were many flowers left. Huh? Got close and found that either the deer, possums, groundhogs, or whatever ate well sometime Saturday or early Sunday. There was one white rose and seven red roses left! The stems were still either in the vase or laying on the ground.

We noticed that other vases had eaten flowers in them, too, so I wonder if this is what always happens. This is one of those park cemeteries, and you are not allowed to put artificial flowers on in the summer. I've never gone back to the cemetery the day after I've put flowers on the graves, so it was something of a surprise.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

The deer, possums, rabbits and other critters thank you for their Memorial Day feast. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Mr. Elon Musk,

As a satire website, Hard Drive prides itself on delivering our readers funny, insightful, and often searing comedy about video games and the culture around them. But that mission does not shield us from responsibility, and we will always be the first to admit when we’ve gone too far. With that in mind, Hard Drive would like to formally apologize for dragging Mr. Musk so hard that not even his nearly 100 million Twitter followers could save him from getting ratioed several times in the span of 20 minutes.

The regrettable incident happened on May 30 — Memorial Day, disrespectfully — when Elon Musk shared a screenshot on Twitter of a woke Hard Drive article “Zodiac Killer Letter Solved by Opening it with VLC Media Player.” The image, shared without a link to the corresponding article, was cropped to cut out the Hard Drive watermark that appears on every one of our header images.
And now, the rest of the story: https://hard-drive.net/hard-drive-apolo ... -too-hard/

We initially let our emotions get the better of us when we responded with “hey i’ll give you a horse if you stop cropping our name off our articles.”
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Thank you. Much needed chuckle. "Elon Musk wants to go to Mars because no one hates him there yet."
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

After a couple of years of searching, I think I finally found a psychiatric counselor. Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner about 10 minutes down the road, so nice and close. I like her.

Had my initial consult with her today. We talked for close to 90 minutes. Apparently, my ability to seamlessly switch subjects 16 times in less than 30 minutes then lose track of what we were initially talking about is a sign of ADHD. That and my inability to focus sometimes, my brain not shutting down so I'm not sleeping well and haven't for weeks, the constant fidgeting... you get the idea.

It does kind of make sense. So, we're going to try a new prescription, if the insurance okays it. We'll see how it all goes and hopefully I will be able to focus again.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Tiredretiredlawyer

:bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I'll freely admit that I initially read this totally wrong.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/pr ... lth-probe/
A federal appellate court rejected pro-Trump attorney Lin Wood’s attempt to block the State Bar of Georgia’s request to examine his mental health in their ongoing investigation about his fitness to practice law.
:snippity:
Roughly a year ago, a federal judge from the Northern District of Georgia rejected that request, and a three-judge panel from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit affirmed that decision in a 20-page opinion on Tuesday.

The per curiam opinion—an unsigned decision arrived at through unanimous agreement—came courtesy of a trio of judges appointed by presidents across the political spectrum: U.S. Circuit Judges Robin Rosenbaum, a Barack Obama appointee; Britt Grant, a Trump appointee; and R. Lanier Anderson, a Jimmy Carter appointee.
castigat ridendo mores.
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

A woman in love with a plane insists her desire is not a flight of fancy.

Sarah Rodo, 23, even refers to the Boeing 737 as her boyfriend.

She flies on the aircraft as often as possible and has 50 replica models of the plane at home.

Sarah calls the Boeing Dicki and hopes to wed one day, even though it is illegal in Germany.
The rest of the story: https://nypost.com/2022/05/31/woman-sex ... oy-boeing/
castigat ridendo mores.
Tiredretiredlawyer

So, Flatpoint, Dicki is:

Aircraft Amor
Boeing Beau
Daredevil Dicki
Jet Set Gigolo
High Flying Hubby
Aeroplane Paramour
Low Flying Lover
:biggrin:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I'll freely admit that I initially read this totally wrong.
Moi, aussi. My first thought was “Is this about Tomi Lahren?” :lol:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Oh good grief. Thur-Sat.

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Most of those women aren't that young. Grandma Sarah is listed, too.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

FUPwgkBWUAAzWqU.jpg
FUPwgkBWUAAzWqU.jpg (73.72 KiB) Viewed 559 times
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Also because they don't know what ''enlightened'' or ''empathetic'' means.

Of course they don't know what ''woke'' means either, so there's that.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona

I... I just don't know what to say about this.
Emily Porter, M.D. @dremilyportermd wrote: Google had to shut down this page, but not because he was murdered, but because the day he died, he Dr. Phillips got hundreds of 1-star reviews saying how he deserved to die for not being empathetic enough, patient is always right, etc. They have since been deleted but holy hell.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona

That’s scary. And foreboding.

I found this in a parallel universe.
99FD54DB-A917-4BFE-953C-C84CCFC34288.jpeg
99FD54DB-A917-4BFE-953C-C84CCFC34288.jpeg (126.55 KiB) Viewed 465 times
raison de arizona

Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Twitter feed is lit. Examples:

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:58 pm That’s scary. And foreboding.

I found this in a parallel universe.
99FD54DB-A917-4BFE-953C-C84CCFC34288.jpeg
Landowner ==> slaveowner :think:

Return to “General Stuff”