January 6 Select Committee

Kendra

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Kendra »

much ado wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:49 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:19 pm Thoughts?
Yep. Tots an' pears.
:thumbsup:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

My thoughts? The nice thing about the Garland Investigation is that it seems to be leakproof. The horrible thing about the Garland investigation is that its leakproof.

Seriously, no-one has any idea if Meadows is co-operating. But SOMEONE is, that's clear. Maybe its Jarvanka? :dance:
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Give me a break, the House publicly made a criminal contempt referral to the DOJ two months ago. Spare me your outrage and surprise.
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: Jason Miller is outraged the Feds arrested Navarro: “They went and arrested and put him in handcuffs? I mean, this is Peter Navarro! He’s an economist. He’s a PhD. You see that he’s a very serious, very buttoned up guy, and you’re going to go throw him in handcuffs!?!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Moar.

raison de arizona

I'm posting Tucker because he is widely viewed, but the line all across the RW spectrum (not even RWNJ) is that Navarro is Biden ordering the arrest of a political opponent, and nothing else.

This bodes poor if the R's end up taking over, because I fear they will do it for real.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Tucker: They arrested him. In other words, Liz Cheney is ok with that. You can’t just arrest people because you don’t agree with their politics.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

xpost
Volkonski wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:23 pm
raison de arizona

Some of the facts of their alleged contempt.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:44 pm Sooooo, Frank Speech, Pravda Truth Social and Parler? Yeah, Iz skeered.
Fox tried that during the 2nd impeachment and people changed the channel. It was the first time in a while that their evening shows were getting beat by other networks. Also tried that when the war started in Ukraine and got beat again.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:31 pm I am not a fan of Ari Melber, but considering today's events, his interview with Navarro yesterday is worth a watch. Melber was on the first 1/2 of Deadline Whitehouse, rehashing it with stand-in-for-Nicholle John Heilman (sp?). Then he was off to get ready for his show, one guest coming up will be Michael Cohen.
The best part of it is knowing now that as it aired live he was already indicted but didn't know it yet. :popcorn:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:19 pm Moar.

Rapist says what?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

January 6th Committee @January6thCmte wrote: While today’s indictment of Peter Navarro was the correct decision by the Justice Department, we find the decision to reward Mark Meadows and Dan Scavino for their continued attack on the rule of law puzzling.

Mr. Meadows and Mr. Scavino unquestionably have relevant knowledge about President Trump’s role in the efforts to overturn the 2020 election and the events of January 6th. We hope the Justice Department provides greater clarity on this matter.

As the Select Committee has argued in District Court, Mark Meadows’s claim that he is entitled to absolute immunity is not correct or justified based on the Department of Justice Office of Legal Counsel Memoranda.

No one is above the law.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

"all hands on deck"

whose ship is sinking :?:
tek

Post by tek »

We saddle up this week, all hands on deck
That's quite a mixed metaphor there, steverino..
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

tek wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:12 pm
We saddle up this week, all hands on deck
That's quite a mixed metaphor there, steverino..
Friends, I present The Steve Bannon Naval Militia.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Republican talking points heading into the J6 hearings are remarkably consistent.

Three long days. :waiting:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

What it was like to be
@MarkMeadows
on January 6th…
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Great ad. Note the Fox talking heads directly in this conversation with the people of political power.
Mainstream media bias? Bunk.
raison de arizona

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Back at it ...

House Jan 6 Committee announces its 2nd hearing will take place Monday June 13 at 10am

First hearing is Thursday at 8pm
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-ally-rep-e ... 53117.html
House Republican Conference Chair and Donald Trump ally Elise Stefanik this weekend tried to get ahead of the January 6 select committee's public hearings by portraying the prime-time slotting of Thursday's high-profile presentation as proof that Democratic leaders are more interested in putting on a show than uncovering the truth.

House Republicans have attacked the legitimacy of the panel, which includes GOP Reps. Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Adam Kinzinger of Illinois, since its creation last year. Stefanik, who the New York Post reports is scheduled to join the twice-impeached former president Monday night for a fundraiser at his golf club in Briarcliff Manor, New York, added the timing of Thursday night's hearing to the GOP's laundry list of complaints about the politically charged investigation during an interview with right-leaning Breitbart News.

"Most committees in Congress start in the morning. That's the business hours," Stefanik said on June 4. But airing this committee's year-long investigation into the deadly siege at the US Capitol just in time for highlights to make the nightly news, Stefanik said, shows that "all they care about is trying to take back the narrative to try and target patriotic Trump supporters across the country."
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
tek

Post by tek »

"Most committees in Congress start in the morning. That's the business hours," Stefanik said on June 4. But airing this committee's year-long investigation into the deadly siege at the US Capitol just in time for highlights to make the nightly news, Stefanik said, shows that "all they care about is trying to take back the narrative to try and target patriotic Trump supporters across the country."
"Nightly News" is at dinnertime. These highlights will be in time for the 11pm news, which pretty much nobody watches.. I have probably watched 5 times in my 64 years on this rock.
raison de arizona

tek wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:00 pm
"Nightly News" is at dinnertime. These highlights will be in time for the 11pm news, which pretty much nobody watches.. I have probably watched 5 times in my 64 years on this rock.
Doesn't matter. The rubes will eat it up. They don't use their noggins, just slurp up the lies they are told. Don't believe what you see or what you hear, believe what you are told.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

In the midwest, the nightly news comes on at 10 pm and, if memory serves, it does get watched.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I didn't think either 5/6 p.m. or 10/11 p.m. news mattered in the 24-hour news cycle. As for "politically charged," etc., well, this is from the party that talks only to Fox or further right.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”