All Dogz Worthy

Lani

Re: All Dogz Worthy

Post by Lani » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:26 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:13 pm
:bighug: hugs for maybedog.
:yeah: :bighug: Ted is 9 years old - elderly for a part Labrador Retriever. His energy level has dropped a lot over the past year. :(

He's a big good boy - about 70 pounds. I think I've read almost every review by large dog owners about ramps and steps. Most owners were able to coax their dogs to go up the steps, but not down. Some were just plain scary for elderly big dogs. There is a high density foam pet steps product that has a removable top step, providing a doublewide step. It's on my watchlist.

Thanks for all the suggestions. They really helped me focus on what I needed to do to help Ted. Now I'm looking into prebuilt human steps - wider and deeper than dog steps. Also human furniture that Ted can use as a launch & landing pad. Ottomans look sturdy and provide storage, too. (Ted suggests that I store chew sticks and treats.)

Hopefully, I'll be placing an order by tomorrow.
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:31 pm

Chilidog wrote:
:bighug:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:54 pm

Chilidog wrote:

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:57 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:54 pm
Chilidog wrote:

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:44 pm

Maybedog :lovestruck:

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:20 pm

After lounging around the house and eating cookies all day while browsing Amazon, I'm ordering the tan ottoman for Ted. If he doesn't like it, it fits in with my livingroom, so it won't be a loss. For the car, I might order pet or hooman steps. But first I'm going to stack 2 old outdoor chair cushions and see if that helps him.

:bighug: Thanks for your help!

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:37 pm

Lani wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:20 pm
After lounging around the house and eating cookies all day while browsing Amazon, I'm ordering the tan ottoman for Ted. If he doesn't like it, it fits in with my livingroom, so it won't be a loss. For the car, I might order pet or hooman steps. But first I'm going to stack 2 old outdoor chair cushions and see if that helps him.

I hope this all works out for you and Ted. It might be a matter of trying a couple of things before he finds something that he likes and is comfortable with.

I haven't had any experience dealing with this, so I am no help. If I notice anything, I will let you know.

ETA: you might consider finding somebody that can build you exactly what you need. Custom ordered to the right height and width measurements for comfort and ease. If it was me, it would just need to be functional rather than "elegant".

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Lani

Post by Lani » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:27 am

I have a lounge chair that Ted claims is a great dog bed. Same height and width as the ottoman. :thumbs: And the ottoman isn't pricey. Less expensive than many of the big dog ramps and stairs. Because it's also a storage bin, I can wrap an old towel or sheet around the lid for easy care & cleaning. Also good, I can brace it between the wall and the bed's footboard!

But I'm waiting a day or so before ordering in case I find something better....

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:49 am

Lani wrote:

Check Animal Planet's steps. That's what we have! :bighug:

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:02 am

Lani wrote:

Ted’s such a lucky dog! :bighug:

Keep us posted on what you finally decide, and let us know how it works.

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:06 pm

Maybedog's OK, but... Oh My Freakin' Gawd!!!!

My husband gave the Maybedog a bone this morning*, and he was chewing away happily on it until... he wasn't. He sounded like he was still chewing on it but when I looked up from my work I saw he was standing up and walking in circles. His mouth was about half open and the bone was caught in his jaw and he couldn't get it out. What sounded to me like chewing was him trying to open his mouth wider and chomping back down on the bone. I tried to settle him down and put my hand in to pull the bone out but he started growling at me and fighting with me. I didn't want to hurt him or myself. I knew I couldn't get it out by myself, so I quickly ran around to the neighbors but no one was home. So I ran home, grabbed my keys and picked up the dog and I was taking him out to the car to take him to the vet. All the while he's still working his jaws. He finally started yelping right as I reached the front door, so I knew he had managed to get the bone dislodged. I put him down, and of course he's immediately got his nose to the floor wondering what happened to his bone (I think he swallowed it). I got him to drink a little water and eat a little treat just to make sure he could swallow OK.

He's fine.

I, on the other hand, am not fine.

*I never, ever, ever, give this dog anything but dog food, water, and the occasional dried venison or chicken treats that I make myself.

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:18 pm

You should take him to the vet to be sure

listeme

Post by listeme » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:42 pm

What kind of bone?

We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:11 pm

listeme wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:42 pm
What kind of bone?
Some kind of beef. I don't really know the cut of meat because I don't eat beef, so I don't pay attention to what my husband eats.

listeme

Post by listeme » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:15 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:11 pm
listeme wrote:
What kind of bone?
Some kind of beef. I don't really know the cut of meat because I don't eat beef, so I don't pay attention to what my husband eats.
The pack here expresses their jealousy and hopes that he has no further ill effects and that it's small enough to, um, you know. Go through.

We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:53 pm

listeme wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:15 pm
Maybenaut wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:11 pm
listeme wrote:
What kind of bone?
The pack here expresses their jealousy and hopes that he has no further ill effects and that it's small enough to, um, you know. Go through.
He's sitting on his chair on the other side of the room from where I'm goofing off working. I can hear his stomach juices churning from here. I think it'll be dissolved small enough to go through. I just have to pay attention.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:43 pm

Maybedog has recovered from his little bone adventure.

Meanwhile, I commissioned an artist I know who does animal sketches to draw a picture of him. She sent me a picture of the picture. I’m going to pick up the original tomorrow.
BF6C1FE9-4A39-4E1B-AC79-D4B379EA6248.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:56 pm

Wonderful, the Maybedog looks so happy. :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

When reality is outlawed only outlaws will have reality.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:53 pm

A very nice portrait of Maybedog.

Pro Tip:

► Show Spoiler

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:27 pm

Foggy wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:56 pm
Wonderful, the Maybedog looks so happy. :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
This is his hopeful look... Listeme had a plate of food, and he was hopeful that some might be coming his way.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:27 am

Same artist did a sketch of Ellie crossing the Rainbow Bridge.
A4E656AB-0CB3-4AD9-81CB-21F45FE96275.jpeg

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:30 am

:lovestruck:

Oh, I love that!

And Dolly, I love the good boy photo. They love us so much, don’t they?

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:59 am

I love this!!!!

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:16 am

Sweet Ellie crossing the Rainbow Bridge- how heartwarming. :bighug:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:08 am

What lovely pictures.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”