January 6 Select Committee

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by raison de arizona »

Uninformed wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:41 pm Re. the above, can anyone tell me why Hubert Humphrey recused himself from the 1969 counting of the Electoral College votes?
He decided attending the funeral of the first United Nations secretary-general was more important.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
much ado

Post by much ado »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:49 pm
Uninformed wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:41 pm Re. the above, can anyone tell me why Hubert Humphrey recused himself from the 1969 counting of the Electoral College votes?
He decided attending the funeral of the first United Nations secretary-general was more important.
Technically, that was not a recusal. There was no conflict of interest. He simply declined to serve.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Tough to make a tech error that might even make a notorious butt dialer like Rudy Giuliani wince, but losing a memo “due to a reboot on the hotel computer” is right up there.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:44 pm How many similar filings have been made and dismissed already?
Yeah, I thought that several courts have already ruled that executive privilege is the prerogative of the SITTING president, not the former president. And especially not of an advisor to the former (formal) president.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Also too, see USA v. Nixon and Crime Exception, plus, applies to a President acting as President not a traitor acting as a candidate and further when you write a fucking book you waive any "I ain't allowed to say 'cause 'is Sekrit'" and finally..

oh just....

Go to Jail. Go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200 and here's hoping you hate the food. :mad:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

raison de arizona

Meadows txts sound :jawdrop:

:popcorn:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Holy-Carp_o_34964.jpg
Holy-Carp_o_34964.jpg (37.83 KiB) Viewed 681 times
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:cantlook: :brickwallsmall: the leadership of what is considered a major international player in world politics chasing fairies :brickwallsmall:

Who was in charge of the State Departement at the time? Mike Pompeo making foreign politics as he feeled it looked best for him while throwing parties on tax payers cost?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

One. More. Week. :waiting:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Meadows has always struck me as one of the biggest weasels in tfg’s orbit. Tfg must have been thrilled to have him. He looks the part, which is all tfg really cared about in his hires. He has a ruthless streak; he’s a HS grad, so he really knows his shit; he lies with ease; he has no apparent scruples.

And tfg’s gonna throw him so hard under the bus for giving the J6 comm. so much ammunition!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.inquirer.com/news/doug-mast ... 20602.html
State Sen. Doug Mastriano, the Republican nominee for Pennsylvania governor, has submitted documents to the congressional committee investigating the deadly Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol attack and has agreed to be interviewed, his lawyer said Thursday. Mastriano submitted the documents on Tuesday, Politico first reported, including receipts for $3,354 for buses he rented to bring supporters to the rally in Washington that devolved into the Capitol insurrection. Mastriano, a leader of the election denial movement in Pennsylvania, also submitted a manifest of passengers, showing he sold more than 130 tickets for the buses.

Mastriano also submitted a tranche of documents he had tweeted after the 2020 presidential election, calling on his colleagues in the state legislature to stop the certification of the results based on false and debunked fraud claims. Timothy Parlatore, Mastriano’s lawyer, told The Inquirer that Mastriano would cooperate with the committee but struck a combative tone about its powers and motivations to investigate the attack on the Capitol. Parlatore said the committee, which issued a subpoena to Mastriano in February, “doesn’t have the power to compel” Mastriano’s testimony. Mastriano, he said, has agreed to a private “voluntary interview,” which has not been scheduled.

“If they call him for a public hearing, that they have the power to do,” Parlatore said. “I very much doubt they would want to do that.” Mastriano won the primary last month by a wide margin despite a late effort by some establishment Republicans to stop him. He’s facing state Attorney General Josh Shapiro, the Democratic nominee, in the general election. The February subpoena demanded information about Mastriano’s “knowledge and participation in an attempt to create an alternate slate of electors” after the election, his communications with former President Donald Trump about “your postelection activities,” and his participation in the events of Jan. 6
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN reporting on air right now that J6 committee is sending out invitations to testify at the first public hearing next week. :waiting:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/02/politics ... index.html
Washington
CNN

Within minutes of the US Capitol breach on January 6, 2021, messages began pouring into the cell phone of White House chief of staff Mark Meadows. Among those texting were Republican members of Congress, former members of the Trump administration, GOP activists, Fox personalities – even the President’s son. Their texts all carried the same urgent plea: President Donald Trump needed to immediately denounce the violence and tell the mob to go home.

“He’s got to condem (sic) this shit. Asap,” Donald Trump Jr. texted at 2:53 p.m.

“POTUS needs to calm this shit down,” GOP Rep. Jeff Duncan of South Carolina wrote at 3:04 p.m.

“TELL THEM TO GO HOME !!!” former White House chief of staff Reince Priebus messaged at 3:09 p.m.

“POTUS should go on air and defuse this. Extremely important,” Tom Price, former Trump health and human services secretary and a former GOP representative from Georgia, texted at 3:13 p.m.

“Fix this now,” wrote GOP Rep. Chip Roy of Texas at 3:15 p.m.

One of the key questions the January 6 House committee is expected to raise in its June hearings is why Trump failed to publicly condemn the attack for hours, and whether that failure is proof of “dereliction of duty” and evidence that Trump tried to obstruct Congress’ certification of the election.

The Meadows texts show that even those closest to the former President believed he had the power to stop the violence in real time.

CNN obtained the 2,319 text messages that Meadows selectively handed over to the January 6 committee in December before he stopped cooperating with the investigation. According to a source familiar with the committee’s investigation, the texts provide a valuable “road map” and show how Meadows was an enabler of Trump, despite being told there was no widespread election fraud.
Still reading. CNN is going to discuss live after the end of the commercial break right now.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Remember the quotes somewhere on TFB that mention the former guy gleefully stuck to the tv screen ?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Barr met with J6 Committee today per CNN (he went there in person, showed video).
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:26 pm Barr met with J6 Committee today per CNN (he went there in person, showed video).
Did he tell them how proud he is of Durham?

He's such a slime ball. But I hope he turns on tfg.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:31 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:26 pm Barr met with J6 Committee today per CNN (he went there in person, showed video).
Did he tell them how proud he is of Durham?

He's such a slime ball. But I hope he turns on tfg.
:daydreaming:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ALERT: Former Attorney General William Barr is at the offices of the House Jan 6 Select Committee.

(One week before the start of public hearings)

Did NOT answer reporter questions on his way in
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:?:

I believe the first hearing is 6/9, next Thursday. Does anyone know what the time it will be airing? I can't find any hearings listed on the J6 website yet. If anyone does come across info on this or other hearings, please post here. :prettyplease:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:51 pm :?:

I believe the first hearing is 6/9, next Thursday. Does anyone know what the time it will be airing? I can't find any hearings listed on the J6 website yet. If anyone does come across info on this or other hearings, please post here. :prettyplease:
Thursday, June 9, 8 PM. Just announced.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:01 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:51 pm :?:

Thursday, June 9, 8 PM. Just announced.
:bighug:

Thank you. I do hope that's Eastern time, so I don't have to stay up really late.
Edit:
Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews
House Jan 6 Committee makes it official. First hearing is in prime time at 8p next Thursday. No witness list yet. But Committee says we can expect “previously unseen material documenting January 6th,”
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Just saw this tweet.

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Thanks, poppy!!
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:36 pm Thanks, poppy!!
You're welcome! I've been wanting to know as well.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”