Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Suranis

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Suranis »

I was curious so I had a look. Interestingly, those are not in the 4 states. Hawai'i and Alaska have 1 case each.

The 4 states with no cases are Vermont, North & South Dakota, and Nebraska.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:44 am My guess is that Alaska and Hawai'i are too remote
This is from a year-old Forbes article — if I have time later I may dig around for something more up to date.
States where just one person was charged include Hawaii, Alaska, Nebraska, Mississippi and Connecticut, where only one person has been charged with a federal crime in each state.
The following states have had no one charged in federal court tied to the January 6 Capitol riots: North Dakota, South Dakota, Rhode Island, Vermont and Wyoming.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

;) continous education

can i keep my IANAL license with those points :?:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Both defendants (through their attorneys) have argued that it's going to be a challenge for their professional careers to have a felony on their records

Defense: "They're going to have to explain that"

(Yup)

Hearing still ongoing. Worth reading the whole thread.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews
·
29m
Judge issues sentence

30 days jail, $2000 fine, $2000 restitution for Daryl Johnson

(Feds were asking for 30 days)

4 months jail for Daniel Johnson

(Feds were asking for 6 months)
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Just a side note about these sentences DOJ is seeking and how they compare to other sentences DOJ has recently sought.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:24 pm Sounds touristy as well as legitimate political discourse.

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 5989760000
Justice Dept has announced this arrest, alleging this about Rod Milstreed: "Among other things, he sent photos of blood on the floor in what appears to be the Upper West Plaza & then later added, “Man I’ve never seen anything like this. I feel so alive"

https://justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/maryland ... tol-breach
Moar on this one.
Ryan J. Reilly @ryanjreilly wrote: A Fox Business screenshot hyping Trump's voter fraud claims got Jan. 6 rioter Rodney Milstreed enraged weeks before he assaulted cops at the Capitol, DOJ says in newly unsealed filing.

“I so sick of these fucks. Think we’re just gonna let them have it. Over alot of dead bodies.”

“I just bought 2,000 dollars worth of steroids. When it happens I’m going full retard… These fucks don’t want me to start doing cocaine again.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Seems nice.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The latest addition to the FBI’s Capitol Violence webpage:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:eek:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Advise: to not go bathing this summer, you will be identified.....
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:48 pm Just a side note about these sentences DOJ is seeking and how they compare to other sentences DOJ has recently sought.
I understand his point but it's apples and oranges to me. Different times, different administrations, different priorities, and they weren't trying hundreds of related cases at the same time.

If they gave all the insurrectionists 20 years (or even 10, or 5) where would they put them all? And aren't most of the charges misdemeanors anyway?
raison de arizona

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:42 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:48 pm Just a side note about these sentences DOJ is seeking and how they compare to other sentences DOJ has recently sought.
I understand his point but it's apples and oranges to me. Different times, different administrations, different priorities, and they weren't trying hundreds of related cases at the same time.

If they gave all the insurrectionists 20 years (or even 10, or 5) where would they put them all? And aren't most of the charges misdemeanors anyway?
One might argue that if humanitarians face 20 years in one administration, and then seditionists face a few months in another administration a few years later, perhaps our justice system is broken. Also, would the seditionists even have been charged under the previous administration, had it sustained? Given current comments from tfg, I would suspect not.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:20 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:24 pm Sounds touristy as well as legitimate political discourse.

:snippity:

“I just bought 2,000 dollars worth of steroids. When it happens I’m going full retard… These fucks don’t want me to start doing cocaine again.”
Did someone say cocaine?

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Dry Tortuga, just dump 'em out there and let 'em fill out the place like "Escape from New York" No walls, no rules, no escape.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

J6 defendant Jacob Lang, charged with 12 felonies including beating an officer with a bat, calling from jail says they were justified for what they did because it was an “illegal election.” “We were assault & ambushed .. Pelosi’s Capitol Police force that day was out for blood.”
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

If the4 Capitol Police had been out for blood, a few dozen of you idiots would be dead.

You know, like school children.

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

J6 defendant Jacob Lang, charged with 12 felonies including beating an officer with a bat, calling from jail says they were justified for what they did because it was an “illegal election.” “We were assault & ambushed .. Pelosi’s Capitol Police force that day was out for blood.”
Yeah, good luck with that.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm gonna say he's one of the ones we wanna lock up for a long time and not just a 30 day all inclusive.

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

The first big issue about that tweet. The prosecutor did not seek 20 years. That was apparently the maximum he was facing if he was convicted. He was not convicted! The first trial hung and in the second one where the prosecutors dropped the conspiracy charge dropping the possible maximum to 10 years, he was acquitted.

In short, using this case saying the DOJ is asking for different sentences is not only apples and oranges, it is apples and my jeep (they are both red).

But as Sugar points out as well, different admins, different priorities, fewer cases, and also a different district (not DC). The US Attorney in Arizona at the time was a Trump appointee who agreed with Trump's anti-immigrant platform.

Sorry for the yelling but I dislike using false equivalence as was done in the Tweet. Somebody formerly from a government ethics office should have known better.
101010 :towel:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:29 pm “We were assault & ambushed .. Pelosi’s Capitol Police force that day was out for blood.”
He is probably talking about what happened when reinforcements were finally allowed into the capitol building - the idiots got swept out of the place in less than an hour. Probably half an hour. Just with baton charges.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:12 pm
Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:29 pm “We were assault & ambushed .. Pelosi’s Capitol Police force that day was out for blood.”
He is probably talking about what happened when reinforcements were finally allowed into the capitol building - the idiots got swept out of the place in less than an hour. Probably half an hour. Just with baton charges.
Still, they showed remarkable restraint. If they were a BLM rally trying to storm their way into an auto parts warehouse the police would have stacked up bodies like cordwood.

If I had been in charge it would have looked like a discount Picket's Charge up Capitol Hill.

Sorry, not sorry. I live a mile down the road from the real Picket's Charge and it reminds me what happens when you try to have some "legitimate political discourse".

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

The ones getting the light sentences are misdemeanors. They're jerks emboldened by other jerks, but I don't think putting them away for 10 years is going to make a difference. The more serious ones are getting more serious sentences.

FWIW, I dread a Republican president because s/he's going to pardon all these arses.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:29 pm
Waiting to see if this comes back up when this special child is back in court.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:22 pm FWIW, I dread a Republican president because s/he's going to pardon all these arses.
I'm wondering about the ones whose preparatory or follow-up acts in another jurisdiction might could be tried at the state level, just to make sure there's something other than federal crimes on their records.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”