Neo-Nazi / White Supremacist News

Clairez

Re: Neo-Nazi / White Supremacist News

Post by Clairez »

Suranis wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:59 pm
Not going to laugh at the guy. It takes raw courage to do what he did.
Not only that but those tats make it almost impossible to hide anywhere.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

His story is amazing. His father and his father's father had been KKK members. He was raised with KKK as his religion. His son is the first child in the family not to be raised in the KKK.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

From the article:
It was so much easier to believe in the conspiracies than just look in the mirror.
As was mentioned, it is an addiction, a drug to fill in your empty spots, a panacea to stop the hurt and loneliness. But, as we with a drug addiction, it never heals your brokenness and only leaves you wanting more and more.

I had not thought about it in the terms the article mentions. This begins to open that area that I could never crack. I have always followed the white supremacist movement because I was curious about what was going through their head and how they could think this way. I am beginning to understand that, at least for some, white supremacy is not the symptom, it is the drug to try to cover the injury.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Isn't that very much like "getting religion"? Need, narrative, network … check. A mythology, a strong ingroup/outgroup boundary, a belief in the ingroup's superiority or superior knowledge.

People are not rational. People make decisions emotionally, often swayed by the views of their peer groups.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:20 pm
Isn't that very much like "getting religion"? Need, narrative, network … check. A mythology, a strong ingroup/outgroup boundary, a belief in the ingroup's superiority or superior knowledge.
Some yes, but not all.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Northland10 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:26 pm
Sam the Centipede wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:20 pm
Some yes, but not all.
Maybe not all. But my underlying point is that this behavior is not in itself highly abnormal, it's a variant of how many people acquire beliefs or worldviews, just nastier than most.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Its a mutation of the basic human need to have a group support network around one. I think the most interesting part of it is that he says these people dont join the group because they are scumbags - being part of the group turns them into scumbags. The groups holds out companionship and belonging and then get changed into the assholes.

I think the story really is that modern society is failing people.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Charlottesville rally lawsuit to proceed despite Nathan Damigo's bankruptcy filing

https://abcnews.go.com/US/charlottesvil ... itter_abcn
Nathan Damigo, one of the organizers of the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, filed for bankruptcy protection to protect his assets from a civil lawsuit, which is moving toward trial this summer.

The suit was filed by 10 plaintiffs from Charlottesville who said they were injured by the same car attack that left counterdemonstrator Heather Heyer dead.

The plaintiffs can "proceed with litigation" against Damigo, federal bankruptcy court judge Ronald Sargis wrote last week.

"As our plaintiffs argued, Nathan Damigo should be held accountable -- and remain liable -- for the harm he caused in Charlottesville. We’re glad the court agreed,” Amy Spitalnick, executive director of Integrity First America, the nonprofit organization backing the lawsuit against Damigo, Richard Spencer and organizations like the Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, said in a statement to ABC News.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Addie

Post by Addie »

BBC News
Alabama newspaper editor calls on KKK to lynch Democrats

The editor and publisher of a local paper in Alabama is under fire for penning an editorial calling for mass lynchings by the Ku Klux Klan (KKK).

The opinion piece ran in his print-only newspaper, the Democrat-Reporter, last Thursday, Goodloe Sutton told another newspaper.

He said Democrats were going to raise taxes and that the KKK should hang them and raid Washington DC.

Alabama lawmakers have called for Sutton to resign.

The editorial began garnering attention online after students from Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama, tweeted photographs of the article.

Sutton could not be immediately reached for comment on the matter.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Steve King gets creative with punctuation.
Steve King asks for Congressional Record correction over white supremacist quote
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4306 ... Ao.twitter
King's quote as stated in the New York Times is reflected in the Congressional Record.

King claimed that the quote should instead read as the following, with a hyphen instead before he mentions "Western civilization": "White nationalist, white supremacist — Western civilization, how did that language become offensive? Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”

King argued that different placement for the hyphen makes all the difference.

"According to my actual words, the question 'how did that language become offensive?' clearly referred only to the term 'Western Civilization.' I was not asking how the terms white nationalist and white supremacist have become offensive," King wrote in a letter to Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) released Tuesday asking for a correction to the Congressional Record.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

Ick. His face was on the local news last night. It's as bad as waking and seeing the OSG on the news every morning. I wasn't paying much attention, but from what I caught he was saying that he didn't think The Emergency was an emergency. He went on to say that if Trump thought it was an emergency then it was an emergency. I was surprised that he straddled the fence as much as he did on that issue.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

What have you done, Goodloe Sutton?

https://www.al.com/news/2019/02/what-ha ... utton.html
When I first met Goodloe, I was a college kid looking for a summer job. When I started at the Democrat-Reporter, Goodloe and his wife, Jean, had returned the day before from Chicago, where they had appeared on Oprah.

Yeah, that guy was on Oprah.

Their tiny newspaper was reaping a fat harvest of awards and accolades after having put a county sheriff and two deputies in prison with their work — journalism that nearly cost the Suttons their lives. Even with the crooked sheriff in prison, they lived under threat. The former sheriff tried to pay a jailhouse snitch to burn down the Suttons’s home with them in it.

Their profiles ran in journalism trade publications, the New York Times and TV magazine shows. They were honored for their work on the floor of the U.S. Congress.
Article speculates that Sutton's descent into RWNJ craziness began after the death of his wife in 2003. He is now nearly 80 and friends have wondered for a few years if he is suffering from dementia or alcoholism or both.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Associated Press
18 members of white supremacist prison gang indicted

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Eighteen members of a white supremacist prison gang have been charged with racketeering, drug conspiracy and kidnapping that resulted in at least six homicides during the past 14 years, according to a federal indictment in Tulsa.

The indictment, filed under seal Dec. 7 and unsealed Wednesday, says the 18 are members of the Universal Aryan Brotherhood, or UAB, described as a violent "whites only" gang based primarily in Oklahoma state prisons.

"They are certainly one of the most fearsome (prison gangs). They're aggressive and they're violent," U.S. Attorney Trent Shores said Thursday. "They are absolutely one of the most threatening and one of the most dangerous (gangs)."

The indictment comes after similar charges were filed last week against 54 alleged members of the New Aryan Empire, a white supremacist gang in western Arkansas, but the two are not related, Shores told The Associated Press in a telephone interview following a news conference in Tulsa.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

White supremacist behind Charlottesville Unite the Right rally blames fellow racists for failure of his extremist crusade
Jason Kessler says he won’t be organizing a Unite the Right 3 rally because of “the alt-right’s obsession with Jews” and suggests Covington Catholic episode is “a perfect example of what white identity activism should be”

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2019/ ... his/222977
Kessler also said his intentions for arranging the first Unite the Right rally “were noble,” but he hinted at the real reasons for his backpedaling on organizing public events as he bemoaned, “Every time I lowered myself to the alt-right’s level and started using that kind of sensationalistic rhetoric, I got slapped for it and I was made to look like a fool.”

According to Kessler, there’s nothing wrong “with trying to make sure that white people get a fair shake” but instead of holding public rallies, he said white supremacists should endorse what he called “the Covington strategy.” Kessler was referring to the professional public relations campaign launched by students of Covington Catholic High School and members of their families to turn them into the victims of a tense encounter with a Native American activist.

The encounter and its fallout -- which Kessler called “a perfect example of what white identity activism should be” -- has now been embraced by neo-Nazis, who have turned it into a 4chan meme rallying for white supremacy with the slogan “Stand Your Ground.” In the same vein, Kessler praised the effectiveness of white supremacist memes like the “it’s OK to be white” catchphrase that originated from 4chan, suggesting the dog-whistle racism in meme format as the way forward for white identity causes. (White nationalists like Richard Spencer and white supremacist darling Tucker Carlson have also praised and elevated the “it’s OK to be white” campaign.)

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Yeah, except I'm not sure everyone was impressed by the victim routine of cornering a Native American veteran and acting like a 4-year-old by staring and smirking.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Not sure where to put this, but since GAB is the favored refuge of racists and Neo-Nazis, seems as good as place as any.

So Gab--the platform equivalent of the wrong side of the tracks at Mos Eisley...
:rotflmao:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Thread-

Addie

Post by Addie »

I'm not positive on the date of this article, but I think it's March 1.
HuffPo: Proud Boys Plead Guilty To Charges Stemming From NYC Attacks

Ten Proud Boys were charged in connection to attacks outside a GOP event. Two took plea deals.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Nazi salutes and a swastika made of red cups: Newport Beach students condemned for ‘abhorrent anti-Semitic activity’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ff98ceb665
Gathered around a table covered in dozens of red plastic cups, a group of young people grins widely, posing for a photo. Their arms are extended out in what appears to be a Nazi salute. In front of them, the cups have been arranged into the shape of a swastika.

School officials in Newport Beach, Calif., announced Sunday that they are working with law enforcement to investigate several photos that were reportedly taken at a party over the weekend attended by high school students from the area, according to the Los Angeles Times. The images surfaced early Sunday and have since sparked widespread condemnation from school administrators, elected officials and community organizations over the display of anti-Semitic symbolism — just the latest in a series of similar incidents at schools and colleges around the country this year.

“We have a concern both for the physical health of students who are underage drinking as well as the mental health of our students or their friends that thought this was an okay thing to do,” Newport-Mesa Unified School District President Charlene Metoyer told CBS Los Angeles. The Southern California school district covers more than 58 square miles and includes the cities of Newport Beach and Costa Mesa.

In other pictures that were circulated on social media, people could be seen toasting over the makeshift swastika as text superimposed over the image read, “ultimate rage.” Another caption on a picture of the cups described the scene as a “German rage cage.”

Self-entitled rich jerks. :(

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Volkonski wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:10 pm
Nazi salutes and a swastika made of red cups: Newport Beach students condemned for ‘abhorrent anti-Semitic activity’
“We have a concern both for the physical health of students who are underage drinking as well as the mental health of our students or their friends that thought this was an okay thing to do,” Newport-Mesa Unified School District President Charlene Metoyer told CBS Los Angeles. The Southern California school district covers more than 58 square miles and includes the cities of Newport Beach and Costa Mesa.
Isn't it sweet they are so concerned about the wellbeing and feelings of the students?

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh »

Shitter apologist:
Screenshot 2019-03-04_15-48-53-572.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Shocking this is not.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... -run-felon
Gab's Payment Processor Run by Felon

The CEO of a company providing online payment processing services for Gab.com pleaded guilty in 2007 to obtaining property by deception, passing bad checks and possessing false identification before later changing his middle and last names, records obtained by Hatewatch reveal.

Records show that Thomas Michael Troyer of Brooklyn, Michigan, formerly went by the name Thomas George Burger II. Burger was arrested on August 21, 2007, in Sallisaw, Oklahoma, on one felony and five misdemeanor charges before entering a guilty plea on all counts. He was sentenced to five years of probation.

Burger also has prior convictions in 2001 out of Bell County, Texas, for interfering in child custody and bail jumping, according to Sequoyah County (Oklahoma) Court records.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Milo Yankowhatzit's star has truly fallen. He's now 2 million in debt and auctioning off his stuff.

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1 ... 8621336580

Will Sommer
‏Verified account @willsommer

Milo Yiannopoulos, now more than $2 million in debt, has resorted to auctioning stuff on Instagram.

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Suranis wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:18 pm
Milo Yankowhatzit's star has truly fallen. He's now 2 million in debt and auctioning off his stuff.
How the f*** does some kid get 2 million in debt? I would accept that he probably went in debt because he was stupidly spending cash he did not have on things that made him look 'important', but 2 million. They just cannot resist lying to their marks. Working for a living is just do d*** hard for them.

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Suranis wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:18 pm

Milo Yiannopoulos, now more than $2 million in debt, has resorted to auctioning stuff on Instagram.
His 'massive' canvas print won't survive a truck journey when he moves house, but he expects that it will survive being shipped to an admirer with more money than brains?

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”