Laura Loomer

mimi

Re: Laura Loomer

Post by mimi » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:32 am

bob wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:01 pm
[...]

Meanwhile, RWW suggests that Loomer is being funded by the anti-Muslim group, The United West.

and

Grumpy Old Guy wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:39 pm
Who pays for her to flit about the country?

At least for right now...

"
Tony Webster
‏Verified account @webster
Feb 22

Donations to Jacob Wohl's “investigation” of Rep. Ilhan Omar go to “Cystra Ventures Ltd. Co.” I pulled the docs—LLC created 3 weeks ago, organizer: Daniel Bostic. LinkedIn says he's a director at Culttture, which has been described as “a new TMZ-of-sorts for the pro-Trump crowd.”

And there are copies of a couple pages of a document attached to the tweet:

I looked that guy up. I think his dad is or was a city councilman or something from somewhere in South Carolina. He ran for Congress in 2014, and his campaign had to distance themselves from Ali Akbar. The same Ali Akbar (now goes by Ali Alexander) who is now with Loomer and Wohl, and works for Cultture, same Cultture that Akbar/Alexander, Loomer, and Wohl are, I believe, associated with.

Curtis, I think it's his dad, is a lawyer. I don't know if this is true or not.
A 2007 video shows Christian World representatives entering an Ethopian village and appearing to recruit children from poor villagers - an unethical practice against Ethopian law.

"If you want your child to be adopted by a family in America you may stay," said Michelle Gardner. She spoke those words on a tape produced by Christian World for American parents seeking to adopt in Ethiopia. And now says she deeply regrets it.

"I was aware of a number of times when things were problematic," she said. "And several families where children came over and the children didn't understand that the adoption was permanent."

Christian World was founded back in 1991 by Bob and Tomilee Harding. In 2008, records show, the non-profit agency took in nearly $6 million dollars - charging a fee of about $15,000 per child.

Citing ongoing litigation, the Hardings declined to speak with CBS News at their offices in Charleston, South Carolina.

One such case, filed last month, includes charges of "wrongful adoption," "fraud" and "intentional misrepresentation."

"How do you respond to charges that CWA knowingly deceived or misled adoptive parents through the adoption process in Ethopia?" Keteyian asked.

"Those allegations are completely unfounded," said Curtis Bostic, attorney for CWA. He told CBS News he was prohibited by law from discussing specific adoption cases.

"I'm talking to parents who are really upset," Keteyian said. "Who are devastated with their dealings with CWA."

"Sometimes, people are upset when they just simply misunderstand things," Bostic said. "I believe that's exactly what you're hearing. There have been thousands and thousands of adoptions conducted by CWA all over the world. Is there going to be a handful of folks who misunderstand, who - or who aren't happy with their adoption? There's going to be, and we regret that."
more from a website I don't know squat about. I just read the post I pasted a portion of:

http://poundpuplegacy.org/node/42600

I didn't look into this very much.

I saw two twitter accounts following the Loomer / Wohl Minneapolis trip. One is Tony Webster:

https://twitter.com/webster/with_replies

I can't remember the other.

Anyway, point is (I guess) that there is a lot of money funding haters. I still don't know who funds Larry Klayman.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:57 am

Isn't Jacob Wohl the one who had proof that Bobby Three Sticks had assaulted many women and appeared at a Holiday Inn press conference with no one in tow — and whose assaulted women appeared on Twitter as stock photos of women too young to have been born at the time in question? How can anyone believe anyone so inept?

mimi

Post by mimi » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:17 am

Daniel Bostic
‏Verified account @debostic

@Bookoo00477476 hey can I shoot you a DM? Coordinating w/ @ali
9:01 AM - 23 Feb 2019 from Arlington, VA

https://twitter.com/debostic/with_replies

https://twitter.com/CystraLLC/with_replies?lang=en

https://www.linkedin.com/company/cystra-llc

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:22 am

Organizer of #StandwithCovington. Nice fellow. :fingerwag:

mimi

Post by mimi » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:34 am

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:43 am

Mimi is back!

:fiesta: :banana: :happyfamily:
Stern: Come back. My posts are becoming sloppy and ill-thought out.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:21 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:57 am
Isn't Jacob Wohl the one who had proof that Bobby Three Sticks had assaulted many women and appeared at a Holiday Inn press conference with no one in tow — and whose assaulted women appeared on Twitter as stock photos of women too young to have been born at the time in question? How can anyone believe anyone so inept?
Yeah, little Jakey is a proponent of the Stone/Corsi school of journalism, as in why investigate the news when it is so much easier and neater to just make it up as you go along. Or to put it another way, he's a professional liar/conman like his father.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:27 pm

Ohhh - one of the Founding Fathers Mothers of Politijab The Fogbow :daydream:

Welcome back ! :dance:

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:39 pm

Bienvenue, mimi!!! :banana: :bunny: :dogballoon:
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Whip

Post by Whip » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:46 pm

neonzx wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:59 am
https:// twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1099543838501363713
Jacob Wohl @JacobAWohl

Jacob Wohl, Laura Loomer and @Ali plus a badass team of security professionals

A few select comments:
Yes, because all the best security wear tennis shoes in snow.

And crocs lol

And department store cargo pants or baggy sweats

That's a hella lot of skinny pants. #professionals 😂

I'm surprised it took you this long to find a few "fans" or paid randos to take that totally convincing pic of your "security detail".

Those security guys have been eating too many hamberders.

ROTFLMAO 🤣🤣🤣🤣 So Crocks, skinny jeans, sweatpants, & tennis shoes are now standard wear for security? I literally have tears running down my face from laughing so hard at the comments. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

‘Okay dude, we posed for the shot. Now give us our 50 bucks and let us go to the game’.
:fiesta: :shootin:
AMFF sighting? :lol:

Whip

Post by Whip » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:50 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
are you suggesting loomer's fly is down in that video?

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:10 pm

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:48 pm

Only the best in support of Teh Donald :lol:

jtmunkus

Post by jtmunkus » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:36 pm

Oh goody! mimi’s back. :bighug:

I, too, recently received my reactivation orders, re: the Resistance.

:smoking:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:52 pm

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:05 pm

Off Topic
neonzx, jtmunkus, Mimi, pjhimself, and LM K... :swoon:
The bat signal still works!
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:32 pm

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! It's the Real Tomato :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
mimi wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:17 am

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:41 pm

A4959FE1-71D7-4F91-88EC-2CD615190641.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

mimi

Post by mimi » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:10 pm

hi. :grouphug:

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:21 pm

mimi wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:10 pm
hi. :grouphug:
:banana:
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:00 am

THE PROVOCATEUR WHO WENT OUT INTO THE COLD
:snippity:
Loomer was permanently suspended from Twitter at the end of November 2018; according to BuzzFeed News, the ban came after she “tweeted a series of anti-Muslim falsehoods about Ilhan Omar, a Somali refugee who is one of two Muslim women elected to Congress.” At the time, Loomer had more than a quarter of a million followers, and was known for “consistently [misidentifying] suspects during breaking news situations and, during the midterm elections, [spreading] hoaxes about voter fraud.” The crowd assembled around Loomer for her second protest was a motley crew, a rotating group of between 15 and 25 people, many of them livestreaming, there to complain about what they felt was unfair censorship on the social network.

“Social media companies like Twitter and Facebook get to decide whether or not you get pertinent information about national security issues in your country,” Loomer yelled. “If your congresswoman is a Sharia advocate and is advocating for ISIS terrorists, don’t you think you ought to know about it without having that information silenced and banned on social media?”

Afterward, Loomer texted me to say that the event had trended online. There is no record that was actually the case.
:snippity:
A podcaster who went by Brad Chadford and his cameraman had come down from Boston, as token liberals to debate Loomer and her group. “I think when these companies like Twitter and Facebook start, they never like conceived that this would eventually become a problem,” he said, referring to the politics that spring up around social media bans. “Where we have a disagreement — me and Adrienna and Laura and all these people that organize this stuff — is that they think that they’re just being targeted because they’re conservatives. I think it’s just kind of like an... inept management that’s going on at Twitter that’s actually causing the problem,” he said. “I just don’t ascribe, like, a nefarious motivation to it, and they do, you know, because they’re fucking crazy.”

“My life has become extremely hard,” said Loomer. “I am banned on Twitter. I’m banned on Uber. I’m banned on Lyft. I’m banned on Venmo. I’m banned on GoFundMe. I’m banned on PayPal. I’m banned on Uber Eats. I can’t even order a sandwich. I now had access suspended from my online Chase banking yesterday,” she continued, the last of which was impossible to verify.
Loomer told me she lost 90 percent of her income after she was banned from PayPal, where she solicited donations, and has claimed she’s since gone into $40,000 of credit card debt.

At the protest, the only person Loomer expressed empathy for was herself. “You’re never going to know what it’s like to not be able to make money. You’re never going to know what it’s like to wake up one morning and have 90 percent of your income gone,” she says. “You’re never going to know what it’s like to, you know, be told that you deserve to not exist online simply because of your politics.”
The article and the comments are a good read. Recommended.
I've heard this bull before.

Tarrant

Post by Tarrant » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:26 am

pipistrelle wrote:
One of the pictures was of an ex-girlfriend of Wohl, if I recall, taken with him, claimed to be from an airport in New York shortly before flying down for the press conference (but much like most birther events, she was “threatened” and refused to go). It was pointed out that the metadata in the photo showed it was taken quite a bit before that, and the airport gate design behind them did not exist in any airport in NY. I think it was identified as being Phoenix Sky Harbor.

He also had a fake international investigations company website set up, complete with investigator biographies and pictures. He used a number of stock photos of celebrities and authors as the photos of their investigation team, for some reason (why use random pictures when you can use photographs of people everyone will instantly identify and thus know it’s fake?). It was an incredible amount of work.

If he applied himself to some productive trade as dedicatedly as he has to scamming the financial industry (he’s the youngest person ever to get a lifetime ban from the securities industry) or setting up and entire fake company to lend gravitas to the attempt to frame Muller, he could actually be a useful human being.

It amazes me that people like him can do what he did there - give said press conference and attempt to completely frame someone for *sexual assault*, try and create all this “evidence” etc. - and all the right wing grift train is still totally on board with working with him. It didn’t seem to affect his ability to do these things AT ALL. It’s like an “Oh well, that lie didn’t take. No biggie. On to the next one!”

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:28 am

Is there a thread somewhere on this Ali guy? I try to stay up to date with things in the Q/Poot/Conspiritard ecosystem, but I must have missed his big debut.

Obviously he's one of those "good" Muslims who tells the xenophobes that all of their worst fears are 100% correct. I've gathered that.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:18 am

I wonder if the FBI will have a chat with Ali about what appears to be body armour.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:36 pm

Azastan wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:18 am
I wonder if the FBI will have a chat with Ali about what appears to be body armour.
Is he a convicted felon?

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”