Trump - POTUS Tweets and Social Media

Kendra

Re: Trump - POTUS Tweets and Social Media

Post by Kendra » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:28 pm

Can't wait for the next presser and someone asks Sarah Succubus about decorum in the WH.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:47 pm

Catch and Release is an obsolete term. It is now Catch and Detain. Illegal Immigrants trying to come into the U.S.A., often proudly flying the flag of their nation as they ask for U.S. Asylum, will be detained or turned away. Dems must approve Border Security & Wall NOW!
Still no word on what's being done about the folks in California who lost their homes, and reports say rain is coming...

bob

Post by bob » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:28 pm

"For the record," the Senate confirmed Mueller in 2001 when he became the FBI director. (He left government service in 2013, however.)

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:12 am

Who is paying for that tedious Smokey Bear commercial that is on all the time - enough already!

10:50 PM - 7 Jan 2015

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:10 am

Hey! I love Smokey! How can anyone not love Smokey!
https://smokeybear.com/en/smokeys-histo ... -of-smokey

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:10 am

Kendra wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:12 am
https:// twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/553081268800614400
Who is paying for that tedious Smokey Bear commercial that is on all the time - enough already!

10:50 PM - 7 Jan 2015
BUT... But... but... they were not promoting rakes !!! ;)

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:09 am

more reply tweets

Donald Trump’s Old Feud With Smokey Bear Comes Back To Burn Him
An old Trump tweet complaining about a “tedious” Smokey Bear campaign isn’t aging very well.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/do ... 2bd58ac5e2

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:58 am

Dolly wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:09 am
more reply tweets

Donald Trump’s Old Feud With Smokey Bear Comes Back To Burn Him
An old Trump tweet complaining about a “tedious” Smokey Bear campaign isn’t aging very well.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/do ... 2bd58ac5e2
Thanks for that link. LOL.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:01 am

Still nothing about the fires and anything he's trying to get done to you know - help people in need.

Of course we should have captured Osama Bin Laden long before we did. I pointed him out in my book just BEFORE the attack on the World Trade Center. President Clinton famously missed his shot. We paid Pakistan Billions of Dollars & they never told us he was living there. Fools!..

....We no longer pay Pakistan the $Billions because they would take our money and do nothing for us, Bin Laden being a prime example, Afghanistan being another. They were just one of many countries that take from the United States without giving anything in return. That’s ENDING!

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:26 pm

Ohhh - now he goes back to the Clintons pre-WTC attack. At that time there was no way to know where he was staying. The timing of the bombing of a camp of his was rather a shot in the dark. :brickwallsmall: :doh:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:48 pm

The Fake News is showing old footage of people climbing over our Ocean Area Fence. This is what it really looks like - no climbers anymore under our Administration!
I am 100% positive the only FAKE NEWS station I saw showing caravan folks climbing over the sea fence was Fox. I don't watch every station, but Fox was the only station I saw that photo of fence climbing. All weekend long.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Kendra wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:48 pm

The Fake News is showing old footage of people climbing over our Ocean Area Fence. This is what it really looks like - no climbers anymore under our Administration!
I am 100% positive the only FAKE NEWS station I saw showing caravan folks climbing over the sea fence was Fox. I don't watch every station, but Fox was the only station I saw that photo of fence climbing. All weekend long.
Am I wrong, but what about a long enough ladder secured to the fence on the Mexico side with a rope tied to the top so you could ease yourself over, and slide down enough to safely drop? Make sure you have a thick long sleeve jacket, pants and extra protection for your arms, legs and hands and go for it. Don't forget a knife to cut yourself loose from the barbs.

Or...two ladders, one for each side.

And if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure you can buy tools that will cut barbed wire.

ImageImageImage x4

bob

Post by bob » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Kendra wrote:
I am 100% positive the only FAKE NEWS station I saw showing caravan folks climbing over the sea fence was Fox.
Were they even going over? Because I saw footage only of people climbing the fence and then sitting on top of it. :yawn:

bob

Post by bob » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:08 pm

WaPo (from 2015): Trump’s claim that he ‘predicted Osama bin Laden’:
Trump’s book was issued in January 2000, when he was considering a presidential run. The book does include a chapter on terrorism (more on that below), but there is only a single, offhand reference to bin Laden.

In fact, it’s a bit strange that he claims that in 2000 “nobody really knew who [bin Laden] was,” given that the leader of al-Qaeda had already been the public target of U.S. warplanes for his role in the 1998 bombings of U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. (Moreover, a federal grand jury in 1998 indicted him for his role in the bombings.)

Bin Laden was not at the training camp in Afghanistan attacked by the United States, so he escaped injury — a point that Trump raises in his solitary reference to bin Laden.
Instead of one looming crisis hanging over us, we face a bewildering series of smaller crises, flash points, standoffs, and hot spots. We’re not playing the chess game to end all chess games anymore. We’re playing tournament chess — one master against many rivals. One day we’re all assured that Iraq is under control, the UN inspectors have done their work, everything’s fine, not to worry. The next day the bombing begins. One day we’re told that a shadowy figure with no fixed address named Osama bin-Laden is public enemy number one, and U.S. jetfighters lay waste to his camp in Afghanistan. He escapes back under some rock, and a few news cycles later it’s on to a new enemy and new crisis. Dealing with many different countries at once may require many different strategies. But there isn’t any excuse for the haphazard nature of our foreign policy. We don’t have to reinvent the wheel for every new conflict.

Trump [was] echoing predictions of experts, news organizations and even bin Laden himself, who in media interviews indicated that he planned to attack the United States.

In terms of predicting “terrorism,” Trump appears to be referring to this line in the book, in which he references a 1993 attack on the World Trade Center that left six people dead:
I really am convinced we’re in danger of the sort of terrorist attacks that will make the bombing of the Trade Center look like kids playing with firecrackers. No sensible analyst rejects this possibility, and plenty of them, like me, are not wondering if but when it will happen.
Note that he’s not saying the World Trade Center will be attacked again, but merely there will be some kind of bigger attack in the future. This was not a particularly original thought in 2000 — and even Trump acknowledges that “no sensible analyst rejects this possibility.”

This line was in Trump’s first chapter. In his fifth chapter, devoted to terrorism, Trump described the type of attack he was predicting: “In our age of miniaturization, weapons have shrunk — and the threat against us is suddenly very large. When a nuclear device can fit in a suitcase, and a canister of anthrax can devastate New York, Boston, Los Angeles, or any other American city, the equation has changed radically.” He added that “it’s time to get down to the hard business of preparing for what I believe is the real possibility that somewhere, sometime, a weapon of mass destruction will be carried into a major American city and detonated.”

Perhaps Trump deserves some credit for devoting a chapter to terrorism in a 2000 political book. But his prediction has not come true.

Four Pinocchios

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:21 pm

bob wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:59 pm
Kendra wrote:
I am 100% positive the only FAKE NEWS station I saw showing caravan folks climbing over the sea fence was Fox.
Were they even going over? Because I saw footage only of people climbing the fence and then sitting on top of it. :yawn:
I stand corrected.

bob

Post by bob » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:27 pm

Kendra wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:21 pm
bob wrote:
Kendra wrote:
I stand corrected.
Oh, not you! :towel: 'Twas the president: he lied (yet again) when he said there was footage of people going over.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:38 pm

I can't wait to see how F&F reports this. :dance:

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:21 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:

Am I wrong, but what about a long enough ladder secured to the fence on the Mexico side with a rope tied to the top so you could ease yourself over, and slide down enough to safely drop? Make sure you have a thick long sleeve jacket, pants and extra protection for your arms, legs and hands and go for it. Don't forget a knife to cut yourself loose from the barbs.

And if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure you can buy tools that will cut barbed wire.
Except that's not barbed wire, it's razor wire. Ask anyone who's ever tangled with it how treacherous it is. It's the military version of the stuff they use at prisons.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:31 pm

bob wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:27 pm
Kendra wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:21 pm
bob wrote:

I stand corrected.
Oh, not you! :towel: 'Twas the president: he lied (yet again) when he said there was footage of people going over.
OK. :bag:

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:24 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:21 pm
Slim Cognito wrote:

Except that's not barbed wire, it's razor wire. Ask anyone who's ever tangled with it how treacherous it is. It's the military version of the stuff they use at prisons.

Its also very hard to cut using what most people would call ''wire cutters'' because its made from an alloy that is harder than tool steel. You can use bolt cutters, but the handheld pliers looking things you slip in your pocket, like Steve McQueen in The Great Escape won't cut it easily.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

tek

Post by tek » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:53 pm

That's gonna result in some maimed wildlife I bet..

A truckload of bricks
In the soft morning light

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:12 am

tek wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:53 pm
I've seen 1-legged birds on the razor wire before

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:42 am

tek wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:53 pm
It does. They used it after Katrina to keep people away from the beach and the stretches that had the coils of razor wire were littered with critter bodies. No telling how many were injured and got away. And not just wildlife either. People's pets were also injured and killed by it. It didn't help any that they just unrolled the stuff on the ground along the railroad tracks. From a distance it looked like a huge Slinky being guarded by little green Army men. Up close, not so much. Oddly enough, that's one of my strongest visual memories of Biloxi after the storm. Maybe the other sights were just so foreign to my brain they did not register as reality but the memory of the razor wire is still vivid.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:04 am

I hope the discovery and eventual recovery of the Argentine submarine San Juan brings needed closure to the wonderful families of those brave missing sailors. I look forward to hearing more from my friend President @MauricioMacri in Argentina later this month.

Still nothing about any empathy for victims of the *incredible* CA wildfires.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:22 am

Thanks for the info. I had no idea it was such a horrific product. Just to be on the safe side, I think Trump should completely surround Maralago with it, just in case some democrats or brown people try to sneak in.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Trump Administration”