All Dogz Worthy

Lani

Re: All Dogz Worthy

Post by Lani » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:30 am

Hard to believe this is from Fox.

Massachusetts mayor takes dog dying of cancer on cross-country road trip
“Rather than going to the Middle East for a vacation and spend time away from her, I decided to take a road trip to meet her breeder in [British Columbia], Canada,” he said.

So, on Oct. 28., the two embarked on a journey that took them to 24 states and Canada.

“Mura doesn’t know she has terminal cancer so don’t tell her. Just let her think she is the little princess that she is going for the best ride of her life. Dogs love to go for a ride,” he wrote on Facebook.

:snippity:

In total, Heroux and Murua, a Japanese wolf dog, drove 8,500 miles over 12 days, NBC 10 News reported. The trip was the man’s first in three years, he said.

“I had no idea this would turn into a thing. I just went for a ride with my dog and did some sightseeing on my way,” he told Fox News, referring to the various news outlets that reported the story and the hundreds of reactions he received on photos of Mura he posted to Facebook throughout their journey.
https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/massa ... d-trip.amp
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:11 am

Lani wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:30 am

Massachusetts mayor takes dog dying of cancer on cross-country road trip
“Rather than going to the Middle East for a vacation and spend time away from her, I decided to take a road trip to meet her breeder in [British Columbia], Canada,” he said.

So, on Oct. 28., the two embarked on a journey that took them to 24 states and Canada.

“Mura doesn’t know she has terminal cancer so don’t tell her. Just let her think she is the little princess that she is going for the best ride of her life. Dogs love to go for a ride,” he wrote on Facebook.
► Show Spoiler
https://www.foxnews .com/lifestyle/massachusetts-mayor-takes-dog-dying-of-cancer-on-cross-country-road-trip.amp
[/spoil]

Thanks for posting, Lani. Here is his Facebook link:

Paul Heroux
https://www.facebook.com/paulheroux.org/
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Lani

Post by Lani » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:01 am

Thanks. I just spent too much time on his FB and reading some of the news reports. This story touched a lot of people around the world. Amazingly, the comments following the articles are not the usual cesspools. Overwhelmingly the commentators were deeply touched by the story.

My dog's most favorite thing in the world is "Ride!" "GO FOR A RIDE!" Chaos ensues until he's hanging out of the window. Only thing better than RIDE! is driving around a place he hasn't seen & smelled before.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:14 am

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:46 pm
KXG wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:21 am
Dog bite saga - update

Completed the course of rabies vaccinations. I feel very fortunate not to have had any adverse reactions to the injections. May have an adverse reaction to the bill, as a brief Google survey suggests costs might be $3k to $10k. We’ll see how much insurance covers. ER doctors advised me to continue to be on the lookout for deep infection at wound site, due to nature of dog bite puncture wounds.

On the legal front, I’ve now learned there were two previous incidents of unconfined animals, and one attack, from the same animals since 23 June, 2018. Court hearing next week for one of the previous incidents, and hearings for the total of six citations issued in conjunction with attack on myself are on Nov 26th and 29th.

I am now the proud owner of 80,000 volt stun gun and have started walking/jogging in the neighborhood again. Still a bit nervous of noises in the dark, and not actively trolling for pit bulls to zap with the stun gun, but I refuse to be intimidated in my own neighborhood.
My ass would be sitting in the hearing next week too.
I agree. Pay close attention to what she says, in case she says anything different in your hearing.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:10 am

Lani wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:01 am
Thanks. I just spent too much time on his FB and reading some of the news reports. This story touched a lot of people around the world. Amazingly, the comments following the articles are not the usual cesspools. Overwhelmingly the commentators were deeply touched by the story.

My dog's most favorite thing in the world is "Ride!" "GO FOR A RIDE!" Chaos ensues until he's hanging out of the window. Only thing better than RIDE! is driving around a place he hasn't seen & smelled before.
Our neighbor took his two dogs, Trip Hazard and Rufus, and our dog, Mickey, for a ride a couple of weeks ago on a beautiful autumn day. Just cuz. Mickey plans to give Joey some treats for Christmas.
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:12 am

Maybenaut wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:14 am
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
KXG wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:21 am
Dog bite saga - update

Completed the course of rabies vaccinations. I feel very fortunate not to have had any adverse reactions to the injections. May have an adverse reaction to the bill, as a brief Google survey suggests costs might be $3k to $10k. We’ll see how much insurance covers. ER doctors advised me to continue to be on the lookout for deep infection at wound site, due to nature of dog bite puncture wounds.

On the legal front, I’ve now learned there were two previous incidents of unconfined animals, and one attack, from the same animals since 23 June, 2018. Court hearing next week for one of the previous incidents, and hearings for the total of six citations issued in conjunction with attack on myself are on Nov 26th and 29th.

I am now the proud owner of 80,000 volt stun gun and have started walking/jogging in the neighborhood again. Still a bit nervous of noises in the dark, and not actively trolling for pit bulls to zap with the stun gun, but I refuse to be intimidated in my own neighborhood.
I agree. Pay close attention to what she says, in case she says anything different in your hearing.
Your attorney can get a transcript of the testimony too also.
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:14 am

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:12 am
Maybenaut wrote:
Sugar Magnolia wrote:

Our municipal courts don't have transcripts and that's where misdemeanor City offenses are heard. They won't let you record them either, so sitting there is the best you can do.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:38 am

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:14 am
Maybenaut wrote:

Our municipal courts don't have transcripts and that's where misdemeanor City offenses are heard. They won't let you record them either, so sitting there is the best you can do.
Gotcha. Then write every word down.

Jez

Post by Jez » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Today is Lola's 3rd Birthday. I was never sure exactly which day she was born on, but the vet thought it was probably around Mid-November, so I picked 11/13/15 as her date of birth. Easy to remember.

I am going to attempt to make her a banana-carob-oat-peanut butter cake. seems easy enough, and I just have to go get some carob chips. and a cake pan.

Wonder if the cats could nibble on it too? They probably won't want to, but these cats are weird. They will steal Lola's dog food from time to time. Eris like to pull a nugget out of the bowl and then bat it around the kitchen. We find them hidden under the kitchen mat all the time.
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:06 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:14 am
Maybenaut wrote:

OK has a victim's rights statute

https://www.okvictimscomp.com/crime-victims-rights/

https://law.justia.com/codes/oklahoma/2 ... -21-142a-2

Restitution form

https://law.justia.com/codes/oklahoma/2 ... 21-142a-5/

Ask your lawyer, but I think you'll want to file something in the criminal court case that you want all your rights as a victim including to be heard on the plea bargain and restitution issue.
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Jez wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:47 pm
Today is Lola's 3rd Birthday. I was never sure exactly which day she was born on, but the vet thought it was probably around Mid-November, so I picked 11/13/15 as her date of birth. Easy to remember.

I am going to attempt to make her a banana-carob-oat-peanut butter cake. seems easy enough, and I just have to go get some carob chips. and a cake pan.

Wonder if the cats could nibble on it too? They probably won't want to, but these cats are weird. They will steal Lola's dog food from time to time. Eris like to pull a nugget out of the bowl and then bat it around the kitchen. We find them hidden under the kitchen mat all the time.
Happy Birthday, Miss Lola!

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:13 am

Netflix US

@netflix
Our six-part dog-umentary is now streaming — and since so many of you asked, I felt it was important to tell you this: NO DOGS DIE IN ANY EPISODE OF DOGS

7:43 AM - Nov 16, 2018

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:45 pm

Oh, my! The Bidens fostered a pup in need and now have officially adopted him!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:38 am

That’s a lotta dog! :lovestruck:
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:59 am

That's a gorgeous dog.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:19 am

Looks to me like a mix of husky (b/w fur) with German shepard (face).

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:48 pm

Time for a swim!

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:01 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:48 pm
Time for a swim!
THAT was pretty awesome. But how was the camera mounted on the dog?
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:28 am

neonzx wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:01 pm
RTH10260 wrote:
Time for a swim!
Superglue?

BBFlatt

Post by BBFlatt » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:26 am

neonzx wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:01 pm
RTH10260 wrote:
Time for a swim!
GoPro Fetch Dog Harness (GoPro Official Mount)

Lani

Post by Lani » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:38 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Your Dog May Not Be a Genius, after All

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... 03108542=1
If you are convinced your dog is a genius, you may be disappointed in the conclusions of a study just published in the journal Learning and Behavior.The study finds that dogs are cognitively quite ordinary when compared to other carnivores, domestic animals, and social hunters. “There is no current case for canine exceptionalism,” the authors conclude.
.... systematically reviewing the animal cognition literature, British psychologists Stephen Lea and Britta Osthaus found dogs to be unremarkable in their cognitive capabilities compared to wolves, cats, dolphins, chimpanzees, pigeons, and several other species. For example, dogs seem no better at learning associations—such as between a behavior and a reward—than other species. Similarly, dogs can spatially navigate within small spaces, but other species can, too. And while dogs have an excellent sense of smell, the “pig’s olfactory abilities are outstanding and might even be better than the dog’s.”

Even more surprising, dogs do not appear to be exceptional in their ability to perceive and use communicative signals from humans. According to the domestication hypothesis, dogs have been bred to be especially sensitive to human cues such as hand signals. As Lea and Osthaus note, dogs can indeed use human cues. However, contrary to the domestication hypothesis, they are far from unique in this ability. For example, the reigning champions of the ability to follow human hand signals are the bottlenose dolphin and the grey seal.
[However] controlled for age, education, and socioeconomic status, dog owners were significantly less likely to have had a heart attack and significantly less likely to have died from cardiovascular disease than non-dog owners were. What’s more, these benefits of dog ownership were largest for single people.
The response on Twitter? Clearly the report was written by cats, part of the global catspiracy.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Army Ranger dog named Maiko died in Afghanistan saving US soldiers

A recent clash in Afghanistan resulted in the death of a U.S. soldier and an Army Ranger dog.

Sgt. Leandro A.S. Jasso, whose death was previously reported, died in a raid against al Qaeda militants that in the southern Nimruz province in late November. The other casualty was that of Maiko, the Army Ranger dog.

Stars and Stripes on Tuesday reported that Maiko had been assigned to the 75th Ranger Regiment’s 2nd Battalion.
"The actions of Maiko directly saved the life of his handler [Staff Sgt.] Jobe and other Rangers," according to a biography of the dog confirmed to Stars and Stripes by a spokesperson for the 75th Ranger Regiment at Fort Benning in Georgia.

Maiko was born in 2011 in The Netherlands and arrived in the U.S. a year-and-a-half later. The dog was on his sixth deployment to Afghanistan and was seven years old when the clash occurred, according to Stars and Stripes.

Maiko reportedly participated in more than 50 Ranger-led raids involving combatant apprehension, building clearance and IED detection.
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... -saving-us

Stars and Stripes
Army Ranger dog who died in Afghanistan saved soldiers’ lives

Along with Sgt. Leandro A.S. Jasso, multi-purpose canine Maiko was killed in action on Nov. 24, 2018 in Afghanistan.
Like many of his human counterparts, Maiko had served multiple tours in Afghanistan — six in total — and conducted over 50 Ranger-led raids, the biography said. He had the most training and combat experience of any dog with the battalion at the time of his death.
Hundreds of dogs have been used to support troops in Afghanistan since the U.S. arrived in 2001 to oust the Taliban from power. They are trained for a variety of tasks, including detecting explosives and apprehending combatants. About 1,600 dogs are either in the field or helping veterans, the military has said.

While many dogs are trained for a specific task, multi-purpose canines like Maiko are highly skilled and must undergo a rigorous selection process, like the Rangers they assist. Maiko had been trained in patrolling, tracking, bomb detection and apprehension functions and had used these skills on several occasions, including clearing buildings. <SNIP>
https://www.stripes.com/news/army-range ... s-1.559190

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:21 pm

Dog Surprised With New Puppy
LADbible
July 13 ·
This dog's reaction is the best thing ever 😍

tek

Post by tek » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:30 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You can't go on
Thinking nothing's wrong

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:17 am

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”