All Dogz Worthy

RoadScholar

Re: All Dogz Worthy

Post by RoadScholar » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:52 pm

Indeed. If they have to be put down, it's his fault, not theirs.

Grr.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Jez

Post by Jez » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:07 pm

I'm so sorry KXG. I hope everything works out for you.

I wonder why those dogs weren't on a leash or in a fenced yard. Why do animals humans let their pets run free? Growing up, and now, we always have the dogs in the backyard or on a leash. The cats stay indoors.

I can understand if you live on several acres and it's a trained herding dog (i.e., a working dog), but a companion animal should be kept under control at all times.

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

KXG

Post by KXG » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:29 pm

Hi Friends,

The Oklahoma City Police department and the Oklahoma City Animal Welfare Department know the identity of the owner of the dogs that attacked me on Monday morning, and refuse to release his identity so I might try to get rabies vaccination information. To the best of my knowledge they have not impounded the animals for rabies quarantine. I now appear to be facing a series of rabies injection because.....he has rights.

Further-

The police report, which I managed to get today, clearly shows the officers saw the animals running loose, and yet failed to cite the dog owner for not containing the animals.

And finally, again from the the police report, the first responding officer reported “being the nature of the call these being two dogs I stayed in my car”. Really? An armed commissioned officer too scared to get out of the car and yet didn’t cite the dog owner for dangerous/aggressive dogs? I had just gone bare handed, unarmed, and wearing a pair of running shorts against two aggressive pit bulls in the dark and the officer couldn’t write a dangerous/aggressive dog citation.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:35 pm

That is utterly insane. Inhuman. Rabies shots are an ordeal, and they won’t even confidentially discover the dogs’ rabies vaccine status and tell you?

Any of you IRAAL’s got any advice on asserting KXG’s rights?

X3

Lani

Post by Lani » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:47 pm

Since the officer saw the dogs running loose, he should be able to cite the owner later.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:07 pm

KXG wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:29 pm
Hi Friends,

The Oklahoma City Police department and the Oklahoma City Animal Welfare Department :snippity:
I think you want to talk to the Department of Health. Probably the County and if you don't get anywhere with them the state.

This is the Administrative Regulations on Rabies control. There is a process for putting animals who bite people in quarantine. My guess is that it is a County agency, not the City that administers this.

http://www.oar.state.ok.us/oar/codedoc0 ... enDocument

Reg in spoiler
► Show Spoiler
edit: https://www.occhd.org/cp/animal-bites Here is the OK County webpage at the Health Dept. There is a number to call.

"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:12 pm

I was driving through a dark neighborhood and there was a German Shepard at the side of the road sniffing around a fence. Did I mention it was dark? I could barely see him. I pulled over and got out of my car with a flashlight. "Hey buddy," I called. He started barking at me and ran back across the street to a house.

The owner came out and yelled at me for harassing his dog.

Sigh.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:31 pm

KXG wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:36 pm
Friends,
So sorry you are having to deal with this. I hope everything works out for you. And the rest of the community is safe also.
Please keep us posted. :bighug:

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:30 am

KXG wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:29 pm
Hi Friends,

The Oklahoma City Police department and the Oklahoma City Animal Welfare Department know the identity of the owner of the dogs that attacked me on Monday morning, and refuse to release his identity so I might try to get rabies vaccination information. To the best of my knowledge they have not impounded the animals for rabies quarantine. I now appear to be facing a series of rabies injection because.....he has rights.

Further-

The police report, which I managed to get today, clearly shows the officers saw the animals running loose, and yet failed to cite the dog owner for not containing the animals.

And finally, again from the the police report, the first responding officer reported “being the nature of the call these being two dogs I stayed in my car”. Really? An armed commissioned officer too scared to get out of the car and yet didn’t cite the dog owner for dangerous/aggressive dogs? I had just gone bare handed, unarmed, and wearing a pair of running shorts against two aggressive pit bulls in the dark and the officer couldn’t write a dangerous/aggressive dog citation.
IANAL but in my city, any citizen can sign an affidavit for any misdemeanor, just like a police officer can. You go down to the local precinct or court and make a report and sign the affidavit for charges. List the chickenshit officer as a witness, too. A call to the precinct commander or chief or whoever is high up in the chain of command to make a complaint against the officer for not citing the owner probably isn't a bad idea either. And that's just for a start to get the damn citation on record. A call to your local media isn't out of the question.

KXG

Post by KXG » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:53 pm

Dear Friends,

In the confining saga of #%**€ dog owners, here is the latest. Approximately 100 hours after being attacked by a pair of pit bull type animals I was allowed to sign an affidavit for the complaint this morning. Oklahoma City Animal Welfare DID NOT pickup the dogs, despite knowing the owner/location. Owner will be “allowed” to surrender the dogs to animal welfare at owners convenience, later today.

Bets on whether this happens?

And just to make it so much more palatable, only one of the dogs has current rabies vaccinations, and no way of knowing which dog bit me.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:27 pm

There's at least one stupid, worthless animal in this story and it ain't either you or the dogs. :madguy:

X3

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:49 pm

KXG wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:53 pm
Dear Friends,

In the confining saga of #%**€ dog owners, here is the latest. Approximately 100 hours after being attacked by a pair of pit bull type animals I was allowed to sign an affidavit for the complaint this morning. Oklahoma City Animal Welfare DID NOT pickup the dogs, despite knowing the owner/location. Owner will be “allowed” to surrender the dogs to animal welfare at owners convenience, later today.

Bets on whether this happens?

And just to make it so much more palatable, only one of the dogs has current rabies vaccinations, and no way of knowing which dog bit me.
I was pretty sure you could sign the affidavit but wasn't positive so I'm glad you followed through with it.

ETA I think you can file against their homeowner's insurance for any costs you incur, too, including medical.

HeatherGray

Post by HeatherGray » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:21 pm

The rabies series is not cheap, as we discovered when a friend required them after handling one of her horses who was diagnosed with rabies and destroyed. Everyone who knew her immediately called their vet and requested innoculation for their horses, which was optional in this part of Colorado. I kept my horses up to date the rest of their lives even though equine rabies is very rare.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:29 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:49 pm

ETA I think you can file against their homeowner's insurance for any costs you incur, too, including medical.
I think that this is a point where you need expert, in person, legal advice. A personal injury attorney might not be a bad idea. I'll let the real lawyers weigh in on that.
► Show Spoiler

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:37 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:29 pm
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:49 pm

I think that this is a point where you need expert, in person, legal advice. A personal injury attorney might not be a bad idea. I'll let the real lawyers weigh in on that.
► Show Spoiler
Wait until the smoke clears and you know what all your damages are and then go see a personal injury attorney. Homeowner's insurance will usually cover it under the liability coverage if there is liability, but whether there is liability very much varies from state to state and even from town to town based on whether an ordinance was violated.

"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:45 pm

In happier news,

Dottie may be Pacino's new companion.

X3

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Dottie is a sweetie.

Love the tail thumps

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:03 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:45 pm
In happier news,

<snip>
Dottie may be Pacino's new companion.
That is soooo sweet and precious. :bighug: :lovestruck:

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Dottie looks so sweet and gentle. I hope for the best home for that sweetie pie! :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:14 pm

That tail could be a whole ‘nother Power source for the shop.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

tek

Post by tek » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:15 am

Grand-dog has found a new way to get around the yard.

Driver is somewhat unreliable tho.
3istr.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

There's no way back
from there to here

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:39 pm

The Dodo (about 4 months ago )

This Pit Bull Was Raised By 6 Dachshund Siblings
When this pit bull was rescued, his 6 dachshund siblings saved his life — and now he truly believes he's a doxie too 💚

The Dodo You can keep up with Max and all of his adorable dachshund siblings on Instagram, dachshund_6_and_max_the_pit: https://thedo.do/maxthepit.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:23 pm

:lovestruck:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:31 pm

:lovestruck: :clap:

X3

KXG

Post by KXG » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:00 pm

Dear Friends,

Continuing saga of dog attack-

I retained an attorney today. I had to take this action, as it’s now been nine days since I was attacked and bitten and still there is no confirmation the dogs are in rabies quarantine. As I remarked earlier, I’ve learned only one of animals had current rabies vaccination. Hoping to get the animals in quarantine, so I don’t have to go through Rabies PEP. Aside from being painful my doc has informed me there can be long term adverse impact to bone marrow from this series.

More, later.

Return to “Teh Funny Stuffs”