trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
Gregg wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:35 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:19 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:09 am

ja, danke.
That ranks one grade above 'Dance Commander', right? But one below 'Der Kommissar'? Or is it the other way around?

In many countries it translates to "800 Lb. Gorilla in Charge"
I loved your work with the luggage folks.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Yeah, and the Mar-A-Lago Meltdown coming in 3...2...1...
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Everyone speculating after the beach photos a while back that she has 3 toes have been proven wrong. She definitely has at least 4.

Nice jacket. Mar-a-Lago last night.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Lots of people with weird toes around, but if those were my toes, I wouldn't show them off in sandals.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I have flat Fred Flintstone feet but...those are some ugly ass toes.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Alternate headline: President trump asked Secretary of Defense to commit a crime and Secretary of Defense decided to wait to write a book to share the information.
Agree about the toes, mine aren't pretty, but I certainly wouldn't be showing them off in sandals.

Is that Flynn she's posing with?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:42 pm Agree about the toes, mine aren't pretty, but I certainly wouldn't be showing them off in sandals.

Is that Flynn she's posing with?
Yes.

And there were rumors she had but three toes.

Clearly she has at least four.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I can't get over Esper waiting to tell this stuff until the book comes out. Such a patriot :sarcasm:

Will be interesting to see if he goes on the mainstream media shows to pump his book and how they'll question him. :pray: he gets on Deadline Whitehouse and he gets the same tough questions Nicole put Chris Christie through.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

NYT above wrote:President Donald J. Trump in 2020 asked Mark T. Esper, his defense secretary, about the possibility of launching missiles into Mexico to “destroy the drug labs” and wipe out the cartels, maintaining that the United States’ involvement in a strike against its southern neighbor could be kept secret, Mr. Esper recounts in his upcoming memoir.
As if the cartels were running the labs in the backyard of their HQ. :brickwallsmall:

As if they concentrated all their criminal elements in one location :brickwallsmall:

As if they had not aspiring seconds in command to take over when their boss and his hazienda is turned to rubble and ashes :brickwallsmall:

As if the DEA had knowledge of every hotspot in Mexico :brickwallsmall:

How about using some cruise missiles to take out the local meth lab?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Frum the NYT article posted above:

:snippity:
Mr. Esper singles out officials whom he considered erratic or dangerous influences on Mr. Trump, with the policy adviser Stephen Miller near the top of the list. He recounts that Mr. Miller proposed sending 250,000 troops to the southern border, claiming that a large caravan of migrants was en route. “The U.S. armed forces don’t have 250,000 troops to send to the border for such nonsense,” Mr. Esper writes that he responded.

In October 2019, after members of the national security team assembled in the Situation Room to watch a feed of the raid that killed the Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, Mr. Miller proposed securing Mr. al-Baghdadi’s head, dipping it in pig’s blood and parading it around to warn other terrorists, Mr. Esper writes. That would be a “war crime,” Mr. Esper shot back.

Mr. Miller flatly denied the episode and called Mr. Esper “a moron.”

Mr. Esper also viewed Mark Meadows, Mr. Trump’s final White House chief of staff, as a huge problem for the administration and the national security team in particular. Mr. Meadows often threw the president’s name around when barking orders, but Mr. Esper makes clear that he often was not certain whether Mr. Meadows was communicating what Mr. Trump wanted or what Mr. Meadows wanted.
Edit: correct formatting
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:05 pm
How about using some cruise missiles to take out the local meth lab?
What?

And lose a missile load of Trump supporters????
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

In October 2019, after members of the national security team assembled in the Situation Room to watch a feed of the raid that killed the Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, Mr. Miller proposed securing Mr. al-Baghdadi’s head, dipping it in pig’s blood and parading it around to warn other terrorists, Mr. Esper writes. That would be a “war crime,” Mr. Esper shot back.

Well, it certainly sounds like something Miller would propose. Just sayin'.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:59 pm

Well, it certainly sounds like something Miller would propose. Just sayin'.
Speaks for Millers ignorance on Islam. The theological question has been resolved and answered many centuries ago: a Muslim who involountary or forcibly (eg by an enemy) gets into contact with pig parts does not have this put against him when the Islamic time of reckonning comes. The "idea" is nothing of new, it popped up the first time Muslims started by military means expand their faith out of the Middle East.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

how many other moronic things did fucktard want to try and we do not know about????
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

sad-cafe wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:39 pm how many other moronic things did fucktard want to try and we do not know about????
You might want to get comfortable...

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... a9dafd6123
The Trump Organization and Donald Trump's inauguration committee agreed to a settlement to end a years-long investigation into misused donations, and the probe's key witness is furious about the resolution.

Stephanie Winston-Wolkoff, a former friend and staffer to Melania Trump, helped plan the inauguration but turned against the former president and his wife after they appeared to blame her for the mismanagement of funds donated to the event, and she spoke out against the $750,000 settlement reached with the District of Columbia to end the probe, reported The Daily Beast.

“I’m just so shattered -- It’s awful, it’s unjust, it’s absurd,” Winston-Wolkoff said. “I can’t believe this. They stole so much. The self-dealing, the perjury -- they all know about it.”

D.C. attorney general Karl Racine called the settlement a win for his office, but Winston-Wolkoff and corruption watchdogs lamented that the resolution was less than the $1 million in nonprofit funds that prosecutors accused the Trump family of misspending by booking events at vastly overprice rooms at Trump International Hotel Washington D.C.
However, another government watchdog said the settlement was actually sort of remarkable given the difficulties prosecutors face when going after the rich and powerful.

“Donald Trump and his associates have a strategy of aggressive litigation and particularly delay tactics," said Noah Bookbinder, president of the watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. "They will try to drag things out as long as possible. They will make it as difficult as possible. For the attorney general to get them to a place where they were willing to pay up is pretty remarkable." :
snippity:
raison de arizona

Honestly $750k on a $1M offense at this stage of the game with these folks is an unmitigated win IMO.

Well, maybe slightly mitigated.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:02 am Honestly $750k on a $1M offense at this stage of the game with these folks is an unmitigated win IMO.

The insurance carrier chipped in $350K.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

bob wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:46 am
raison de arizona wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:02 am Honestly $750k on a $1M offense at this stage of the game with these folks is an unmitigated win IMO.

The insurance carrier chipped in $350K.
Moderately mitigated.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:13 pm
sad-cafe wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:39 pm how many other moronic things did fucktard want to try and we do not know about????
You might want to get comfortable...
Indeed, I think we have enough IAALs on The Fogbow to warn us about asking questions to which we do not already have some idea of the answer, too, also.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I seem to remember Vicente Fox, the former president of Mexico, made a number of YouTubes about that time where he insulted Trump and openly mocked him. I suspect that was the real motivation for the missile attack that would have started the Mexican-American War of 2017. You know how he gets. :fingerwag:

Tragic loss for the history books, a war that didn't happen, boo hoo. :violin: Now we're stuck with the Mexican-American War of 1846, the one Mister Lincoln protested.

The hilarious part, of course, is he thought we could pretend it wasn't us who did it. I am totally unqualified to be president of this great land of ours, but I know that is just plain stupid with extra stupid sauce on it.

Hay, we could have blamed it on ... Canada! They shot right over us! :liar:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

He could just say it was Canada firing our own missiles at Mexico by using the Hacker Hellstorm which was installed in CN Tower in the capital of Canada, Toronto, even the though capital is in Ottawa (Ottawa? Yeah, right. Do we look that stupid?). That's what it's all aboot, eh.
101010 :towel:
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:23 pm Lots of people with weird toes around, but if those were my toes, I wouldn't show them off in sandals.
You kidding? If I had toes like that I would put little claws on them and traumatize small children!
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Not a podiatrist, but those are seriously damaged feet for someone who is neither elderly nor obese. Wonder if CrossFit has played a role.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”