IMPEACH & REMOVE: Tues-Wed, Dec 17-18 2019

Addie

IMPEACH & REMOVE: Tues-Wed, Dec 17-18 2019

Post by Addie »

Cross-posting

IMPEACH & REMOVE - (Search Zip Code Form)
Impeach & Remove Events are ON: The Nobody Is Above the Law network has activated.

Events are called for Tuesday, December 17th at 5:30 p.m. local time, but check your local event for a confirmed time and location. Numerous reports indicate that the House will vote on impeachment on Wednesday. December 18th.

Nobody Is Above the Law. That's why we're calling on Congress to Impeach & Remove Donald Trump.

The night before the House of Representatives takes a somber vote to impeach Trump, we'll head to every congressional office and public square to declare that Nobody Is Above the Law as representatives finalize their positions and senators look on.

Join this historic nationwide mobilization on the eve of Trump's impeachment vote: RSVP for an event near you or sign up to host one. Events will be visible, family-friendly, public gatherings to demonstrate to our lawmakers that their constituents are behind them to defend the Constitution—and that Trump has left them no alternative to uphold their oath of office but to support impeachment and removal.
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Re: IMPEACH & REMOVE: Tuesday, December 17th

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm in. Making signs today.
ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeah:

I'm with her. Literally.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage
Addie

Post by Addie »

Go Fogbowsers! :cheer1: :cheer:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Needs some inspiring musak!

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh »

I'll be in Times Square!!!!
Addie

Post by Addie »

Yay, Flatpoint :happyfamily:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Addie wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:28 am Yay, Flatpoint :happyfamily:
Bravo! I'll be in Little Rock. If Walgreens still has the Christmas light headband, I plan to put the letters for IMPEACH on it. Six lights for six letters. I plan to make a REMOVE headband too.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
Addie

Post by Addie »

The Hill
Republican group asks 'what is Trump hiding' in Times Square billboard

An anti-Trump Republican group launched a billboard in Times Square asking “what is Trump hiding?” as the impeachment process presses forward with a House vote on articles later this week.

The New York City billboard by the group Republicans for the Rule of Law, announced on Monday, follows similar ads featured in about a dozen GOP-controlled congressional districts around the country.

The ad features an image of Trump with his finger to his mouth, as well as four current and former administration officials who have been tied to the impeachment process with duct-tape over their mouths: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, former National Security Adviser John Bolton, acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney and Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani.

“What is Trump hiding? America needs the whole truth,” the ads read.
Addie

Post by Addie »

The Nation: Impeachment Needs to Move to the Streets

Only mass protests can turn a narrow Beltway scandal into a massive anti-Trump weapon.
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:43 am
Bravo! I'll be in Little Rock. If Walgreens still has the Christmas light headband, I plan to put the letters for IMPEACH on it. Six lights for six letters. I plan to make a REMOVE headband too.
I love that idea!!! Dollar Tree may still have some, as well. I plan to wear my black bowler, but, thanks to your inspiration, I may run to Michaels and see if I can find a foam peach that I can paint a big M on and pin to the headband. If it was a cheap hat, I'd hot-glue it but this is my favorite hat so I need to figure out a way to secure it without damaging the hat. Paging Sugar!!!
ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Post by Foggy »

Unfortunately, tomorrow in Rawly is forecast to be 90% chance of pouring rain. I mean Addie's avatar rain.

I'll make a sign, but I'll have to make it waterproof. I don't expect a large crowd.

Poor ol' rooster!

:violin: :crying:
I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Foggy wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:03 pm Unfortunately, tomorrow in Rawly is forecast to be 90% chance of pouring rain. I mean Addie's avatar rain.

I'll make a sign, but I'll have to make it waterproof. I don't expect a large crowd.

Poor ol' rooster!

:violin: :crying:
Just FYI, sometimes you can find XXXL ziplock baggies at department stores or even the bigger grocery stores. Big enough to cover a small protest sign. I've even found them at Dollar Tree on occasion. But even the 2.5 gallon ones might work in a pinch and most grocery stores have them.
ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Post by Foggy »

Oh, I have a roll of plastic painter's drop cloth, maybe 2 mm thick, very wide and as long as I need. Waterproofing the sign is not a problem, I have good rain gear, and it will be relatively warm. So, umm ... yeah. It won't be fun, but someone has to do this thing. I hope a lot of other people step up and show up.

As long as I get to feel sorry for myself, it will be OK. :blink:
Addie

Post by Addie »

Pat pat, ya big baby :kiss:
Foggy wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:17 pm Oh, I have a roll of plastic painter's drop cloth, maybe 2 mm thick, very wide and as long as I need. Waterproofing the sign is not a problem, I have good rain gear, and it will be relatively warm. So, umm ... yeah. It won't be fun, but someone has to do this thing. I hope a lot of other people step up and show up.

As long as I get to feel sorry for myself, it will be OK. :blink:
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:43 am
Hokay. Since no one else has asked, why do I see seven letters in IMPEACH, not six? :confused:
M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Cuz you're not tired.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Sterngard Friegen wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:33 pm Cuz you're not tired.
Thanks, Stern. It's also called fibromyalgia flare and migraine headache.
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:42 am
H/t to sunrise. Your quick eye prevents me from struggling to put 7 letters on a six light headband. Or, does it make it easier?
Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:44 am
H/t to sunrise. Your quick eye prevents me from struggling to put 7 letters on a six light headband. Or, does it make it easier?
Can you buy two headbands, cut two lights off and hot glue them onto the first headband. Yes, I know the two extra appendages won't light up but adding two, one on each end, (you could include an ! at the end) would balance it. I still think it would be a hoot.
ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:56 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:44 am

Can you buy two headbands, cut two lights off and hot glue them onto the first headband. Yes, I know the two extra appendages won't light up but adding two, one on each end, (you could include an ! at the end) would balance it. I still think it would be a hoot.
Great minds think alike! I was planning to buy two!
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Open Enrollment was extended through today, after some glitches in the Marketplace last weekend prevented people from signing up for health insurance.

Consequently, ol' Wifehorn has forbidden me to leave the house today, even though she supports impeachment as much as I do. Our phones are ringing and they must be answered.

I have no Democratic representatives in Congress this year. Next November we'll be in a new voting district and in 2021 I'll have a Democrat representing me in the House. With any luck, I’ll also have a Democrat in the Senate, and in the White House. :pray:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:24 am :snippity:
I have no Democratic representatives in Congress this year. Next November we'll be in a new voting district and in 2021 I'll have be a Democrat representing me in the House. With any luck, I’ll also have a Democrat in the Senate, and in the White House. :pray:
FIFY ;)
Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Foggy wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:24 am Open Enrollment was extended through today, after some glitches in the Marketplace last weekend prevented people from signing up for health insurance.

Consequently, ol' Wifehorn has forbidden me to leave the house today, even though she supports impeachment as much as I do. Our phones are ringing and they must be answered.

I have no Democratic representatives in Congress this year. Next November we'll be in a new voting district and in 2021 I'll have a Democrat representing me in the House. With any luck, I’ll also have a Democrat in the Senate, and in the White House. :pray:
We've got your back. Get those people insured.
ImageImageImage x4
SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 10 years Admin Law Judge for 4 state agencies. Retired but still available for ass kicking.

Post by SuzieC »

I'm going in Columbus. Weather expected to be 26 degrees but clear.

Return to “The Resistance”