All the President's golf clubs

Volkonski

Re: All the President's golf clubs

Post by Volkonski » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:41 pm

OK, maybe Trump Links could be converted into a nature park. :)

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:12 am

Trump resort sticks Irish cops with a massive bill after they were forced to help guard the president there

Published 5 days ago on October 23, 2019
By Brad Reed

Police in Ireland are getting stuck with a massive bill from one of President Donald Trump’s golf resorts after they were forced to help guard the president when he traveled there this past June.

The Washington Post’s David Fahrenthold reports that the Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Doonbeg Ireland sent police in Ireland a bill for food and coffee that totaled more than $100,000 after “dozens” of Irish cops were ordered to go to resort to help with presidential security.

Included in the bill were a lunch that cost more than €5,000, “snack bags” that cost €1,750, and “additional tea and coffee due to inclement weather” that cost €875.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/10/trump- ... ent-there/
#MAGA :sarcasm:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:38 am

RTH10260 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:12 am
Trump resort sticks Irish cops with a massive bill after they were forced to help guard the president there

By Brad Reed

Police in Ireland are getting stuck with a massive bill from one of President Donald Trump’s golf resorts after they were forced to help guard the president when he traveled there this past June.

The Washington Post’s David Fahrenthold reports that the Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Doonbeg Ireland sent police in Ireland a bill for food and coffee that totaled more than $100,000 after “dozens” of Irish cops were ordered to go to resort to help with presidential security.

Included in the bill were a lunch that cost more than €5,000, “snack bags” that cost €1,750, and “additional tea and coffee due to inclement weather” that cost €875.

They aren't going to pay that, are they? I mean, it's doesn't seem like it's a legitimate expense. Not at those prices, anyway. I'd fight it if I got something like that, and I wouldn't be the least bit deadbeatish for it. There's paying your bills and there's being a sucker.

ImageImageImage x4

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:29 pm

The Tea was cold, the crisps were soggy and the bread had boll weevils in it. We're not going to pay for that.
"Let's say that they do a job that's not good, or a job that they didn't finish, or a job that was way late. I'll deduct from their contract, absolutely," Trump once said.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:27 pm

TAP WATER AT TRUMP NATIONAL GOLF COURSE CONTAMINATED WITH TOXIC 'FOREVER CHEMICALS'
BY JAMES CROWLEY ON 11/6/19 AT 3:08 PM EST

The Environmental Working Group has found that high levels of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and other perfluorinated chemicals (PFAS) have been detected in tap water at Trump National Golf Course in Bedminister, New Jersey. PFAS are often called "forever chemicals," because they don't break down once they enter the environment and can cause build-up in the blood and organs of people exposed to them. President Donald Trump has frequently used the private club for meetings with public officials and referred to the compound as "the summer White House."

The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection reports 517 water systems in the state have been contaminated by these chemicals. EWG reports that over 1,000 water systems nationwide are affected by PFAS. PFOA, which was originally manufactured by DuPont for Teflon cookware, is believed to cause liver, testicular, and kidney cancer.

In a press release, EWG shared that PFOA levels reached 3.5 and 3.6 parts per trillion at Trump's Jersey golf course. This is much higher than the EWG's safety threshold, which recommends that any more than 1 ppt as unsafe for human consumption. Despite research from EWG and independent scientists, the Safe Drinking Water Act does not place a legal limit on PFAS.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:30 pm

Since trump spends a lot of time there, it’s a toxic waste site anyway. :radioactive:

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:35 am

Slim Cognito wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:38 am
RTH10260 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:12 am

By Brad Reed

They aren't going to pay that, are they? I mean, it's doesn't seem like it's a legitimate expense. Not at those prices, anyway. I'd fight it if I got something like that, and I wouldn't be the least bit deadbeatish for it. There's paying your bills and there's being a sucker.
I really dont know. But the Irish government tends to roll ever and beg for scritchies from anyone with money, so I would imagine they would send over the cheque. As for the media over here, it says something that this is the first I've heard of it.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:29 am

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/ ... -1-5044290

Another settlement :violin:
Donald Trump's company is to pay the Scottish Government £225,000 to cover its legal bills after the US president's firm was defeated in a long-running and acrimonious court battle over a windfarm development near his inaugural Scottish golf resort.

The firm behind Mr Trump’s Aberdeenshire property pursued a three year-long battle to block the offshore renewable energy scheme, a fight which saw Mr Trump appear before the Scottish Parliament and led to his company taking its case to the UK's highest court. However, it ended in failure.

Now, nearly four years after Mr Trump's company lost in the Supreme Court, and close to nine months after the Court of Session ruled it was liable for the Scottish Government's costs, the terms of the outstanding legal bill have been agreed, The Scotsman can reveal.

A spokesman for the Scottish Government said: “We can confirm that settlement has now been reached - and this has removed the need for the expenses to be determined by the auditor of the Court of Session.
Do go to the link and read the rest, the quotes from Trump fighting this are a joy. No wonder he hates wind farms.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:39 pm

From the article cited above:
The development has long been a source of contention between the Scottish Government and the 73-year-old, who argued it would spoil the view from his golf course.

Mr Trump appeared at Holyrood in April 2012 where he claimed wind energy would lead to the “almost total destruction” of the nation's tourism industry and cause “tremendous damage” to the landscape.

At one point, while being questioned by MSPs over the need for “clinical evidence” instead of opinions, he responded: “First of all, I am the evidence. You know what? I think that I am a lot more of an expert than the people who you would like me to hire, who are doing it to make a paycheck. I am considered a world-class expert in tourism.”
Gee willikers, I can’t imagine why he lost the case.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:48 pm

NMgirl wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:39 pm
From the article cited above:
The development has long been a source of contention between the Scottish Government and the 73-year-old, who argued it would spoil the view from his golf course.

Mr Trump appeared at Holyrood in April 2012 where he claimed wind energy would lead to the “almost total destruction” of the nation's tourism industry and cause “tremendous damage” to the landscape.

At one point, while being questioned by MSPs over the need for “clinical evidence” instead of opinions, he responded: “First of all, I am the evidence. You know what? I think that I am a lot more of an expert than the people who you would like me to hire, who are doing it to make a paycheck. I am considered a world-class expert in tourism.”
Gee willikers, I can’t imagine why he lost the case.

I mean, you'd have thunk that when it went to the Supreme Court that Gorsuch and 'Kegstand" would have helped him out!

:talktothehand:

Wait, you mean there's ANOTHER Supreme Court? When do I get to appoint it?

GET MITCH McCONNELL ON THE LINE !!!

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:30 pm

I see a pattern:
In an op-ed for the Mail on Sunday newspaper published the same month, he condemned the then First Minister Alex Salmond as “Mad Alex,” and vowed to spend whatever it took to protect the course and the memory of his mother, who hailed from the Hebridean island of Lewis.

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:42 pm

SLQ wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:30 pm
I see a pattern:
In an op-ed for the Mail on Sunday newspaper published the same month, he condemned the then First Minister Alex Salmond as “Mad Alex,” and vowed to spend whatever it took to protect the course and the memory of his mother, who hailed from the Hebridean island of Lewis.
I enjoyed this:
"...But I will never be ‘on board’, as you have stated I would be, with this insanity. As a matter of fact, I have just authorised my staff to allocate a substantial amount of money to launch an international campaign to fight your plan to surround Scotland’s coast with many thousands of wind turbines – it will be like looking through the bars of a prison and the Scottish citizens will be the prisoners!”
Foreseeing his future? :daydream:

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:48 pm

That is an unprofessional, un-businesslike letter.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:12 am

Well ya, but what do expect from the owner of a Golf course with unobstructed views of landfills.

Here is a video of Trump before the committee in Scotland about the Wind farms. Frankly, he is the same blowhard he is today, same nasally whiney voice. I dont see much degradation in him at all.

If you want to see the "I am the evidence" line, its at 21:13, but cue it up a couple of minutes before for the full effect. People laugh around the table when he says it and he looks irritated as hell. As ever through it (though I just skipped over it) he does his usual declare stuff without any evidence routine.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:51 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:48 pm
That is an unprofessional, un-businesslike letter.
BUT... But.... but.... he only writes PERFECT letters,blikevto his Turkish buddy Erdogan :twisted:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:37 am

Perfect letters and perfect phone calls :roll:

Thanks for the video Suranis. :daydream: some reporter takes the clip of I am the evidence and makes it trending on Twitter.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:48 am

Trump doesn't write letters to try to convince. His letters are full of self aggrandizement and bullying. It has worked for him in the past. It's no longer working.

Stand up to a bully and he will eventually run away. Trump still has enablers and a cult following. But once he is out of power the enablers and cultists will be forever stained by Trump.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:23 am

neonzx wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:42 pm
SLQ wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:30 pm
I see a pattern:
I enjoyed this:
"...But I will never be ‘on board’, as you have stated I would be, with this insanity. As a matter of fact, I have just authorised my staff to allocate a substantial amount of money to launch an international campaign to fight your plan to surround Scotland’s coast with many thousands of wind turbines – it will be like looking through the bars of a prison and the Scottish citizens will be the prisoners!”
Foreseeing his future? :daydream:
Aww, he spelled honor with a “u.” That’ll endear the clever lad to those Scotsmen, won’t it? ;)

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:42 am

What a douche.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:02 pm

Can we include some other hotels here too, also?
Trump Chicago hotel profits plummet by 89%, despite infusion of campaign money
Trump's company blames drop on Chicago "violence" — but his lawyers admit his unpopularity is hurting business

IGOR DERYSH
NOVEMBER 7, 2019 11:00AM (UTC)

Profits at President Trump’s Chicago hotel are down 89 percent over the last three years even though his re-election campaign has held ritzy fundraisers at the property.

Profits at the hotel fell from $16.7 million to just $1.8 million from 2015 to 2018, according to documents filed with Cook County and published by The Washington Post.

The Trump Organization told the Post in May that Chicago was “down as a market,” claiming that “the perceived threat of gun violence has harmed visitation to the destination.” But Trump’s hotel struggled even as other Chicago hotels “held steady or thrived,” The Post reported.

It also struggled despite a steady stream of business from Republican lawmakers, the Republican National Committee and the Trump campaign, who have all spent millions at Trump properties since he took office. Trump’s Chicago hotel was paid about $100,000 for a Trump campaign fundraiser last month, a Republican official told the Post.

Trump’s lawyers filed the document obtained by the outlet in a bid to lower the property’s taxes. The lawyers said that the profits fell as a reaction to Trump’s politics. “Then the Embarrassment came,” an investor told the Post of Trump’s presidential bid. Trump’s lawyers cited the quote in the documents.

https://www.salon.com/2019/11/07/trump- ... ign-money/

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:05 pm

WaPo wrote:The Doral resort has fallen into financial decline since Trump got into politics, according to documents that the Trump Organization submitted to Miami-Dade County in an effort to lower their property tax valuations. The resort’s profits fell 69 percent in two years, from 2015 to 2017.
in https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

tek

Post by tek » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:50 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:05 pm
WaPo wrote:The Doral resort has fallen into financial decline since Trump got into politics, according to documents that the Trump Organization submitted to Miami-Dade County in an effort to lower their property tax valuations. The resort’s profits fell 69 percent in two years, from 2015 to 2017.
in https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
all I can say is "har-de-effin-har"

There's no way back
from there to here

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:21 pm

Since this is a well-known tactic of Trump's to lower his taxes, I am skeptical that he's losing as much money as the company claims.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:20 pm

Or that he ever made any to begin with.

Return to “Trump Administration”