All the President's golf clubs

much ado

Re: All the President's golf clubs

Post by much ado » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:34 pm

neonzx wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:02 pm
Gregg wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:24 pm
Scotland should tax him for the difference.
Only little people pay taxes..
I've heard that he's pretty little.

:rimshot:

tek

Post by tek » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:56 pm

Yeah but the profits are Fahrenheit and the losses are Celsius.
There's no way back
from there to here

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:17 pm

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/busine ... 97272.html
Golfers who quit their memberships at Trump National Doral after the property’s namesake became president were aiming to lose their link to a man they do not support. Turns out they could be waiting for Trump to pay them back for the rest of their lives.

Two long-time golf members who resigned weeks after Trump won the 2016 presidential election said they were no longer willing to write him checks. Another quit last December after he said the club became too political. They spoke to the Herald on the condition of anonymity, saying they fear retaliation. These former members are now on a waiting list to get their deposits back — ranging from $10,500 to $19,000 — that stretches more than 265 people-long.

To move up the list by one spot, four new golf members need to join the club, according to the membership terms. Deposit amounts vary depending on when members joined.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:56 pm

Kendra wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:17 pm
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/busine ... 97272.html
Golfers who quit their memberships at Trump National Doral after the property’s namesake became president were aiming to lose their link to a man they do not support. Turns out they could be waiting for Trump to pay them back for the rest of their lives.

Two long-time golf members who resigned weeks after Trump won the 2016 presidential election said they were no longer willing to write him checks. Another quit last December after he said the club became too political. They spoke to the Herald on the condition of anonymity, saying they fear retaliation. These former members are now on a waiting list to get their deposits back — ranging from $10,500 to $19,000 — that stretches more than 265 people-long.

To move up the list by one spot, four new golf members need to join the club, according to the membership terms. Deposit amounts vary depending on when members joined.
A Trump pyramid scheme. Will the Better Business Bureau assist?

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:04 pm

Anyone familiar with golf club membership card to come in? Is this standard practice?

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:41 pm

On phone so no link but, by now everyone has probably seen or heard trump's presser where, when asked if the 2020 G7 would be held at his Doral club, he insisted it wasn't his idea, that his staff searched the country high and low, and Doral was the ONLY location suitable for a G7 meetup next year and he absolutely, positively, wouldn't profit one dime from all the fantastic "bungalows"* and "ballrooms" that would be leased out to the visiting dignitaries. As a matter of fact, he's losing "billions"** by being president but it's ok but the only thing important to him is making great deals for this country....

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
:puker: :puker: :puker: :puker:

*he went on to explain that by "bungalow" he meant large, individual guest houses that contained many bedrooms and meeting rooms and each country would get their own.

**this statement was immediately fact checked by Forbes who called it bullshit. Well, they didn't actually use the word bullshit but it was pretty clear that was the term they'd prefer.
We’re in NYC this week. ImageImageImage x4

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:53 pm

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:58 pm

Is this decision finalized?? Or just Donnie trying to push cash into his pockets by talking this way.

Kendra wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:53 pm
https:// mobile.twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1166031887242018816
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:02 pm

There must be some process how the venue is chosen, not just because Donnie says so.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:22 pm

:think: Is the dotard saying that Doral operates at a loss? Or what?
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:07 pm

SLQ wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:22 pm
:think: Is the dotard saying that Doral operates at a loss? Or what?
I've remember a comment from a Mar-a-Lego suckup that the OSG claims he loses money by hosting government events at his properties.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:17 pm

Trump invites new emoluments fight with G-7 resort pitch

President Trump stepped into another controversy of his own making Monday by suggesting the U.S. could host world leaders at his golf resort outside Miami for next year's Group of Seven (G-7) summit.

If Trump were to make his resort the meeting venue, his critics argue it would be another clear violation of the Constitution’s Emoluments Clause, which prohibits presidents from accepting payments from foreign countries, U.S. states or the federal government.

“This is a president who has converted the presidency into an instrument of enrichment from day one. There is simply no line between what is official government business and what is a private money-making enterprise — it is all one big venture,” Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), a House Judiciary Committee member and former constitutional law professor, said Monday in a phone interview with The Hill.

“If he decides to hold the G-7 meeting in 2020 at Trump National Doral Golf [Club], this would be a perfect violation of the foreign and domestic emoluments clauses,” Raskin added. “This is precisely what the framers of the Constitution opposed.”

Other legal experts and Democrats also raised objections.
<BIG SNIP
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... sort-pitch
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:36 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -problems/
Trump says ‘no bedbugs’ at his Doral resort. But inspectors have found a host of other problems.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:57 pm

Pool report: "At 1.46pm two protesters (a man & a woman) walked past the entrance to the Trump National Golf Club ... From a distance they appear to have set up a cardboard cutout and some signs with pictures beneath a tree. The words 'rat infested...' were visible on one sign."

More from the pool report: "The protest outside the golf club has swelled to seven people. Just before 2pm a woman walked up and joined it wielding a photo of the First Lady with the caption: 'My husband golfs at weekends. Just thought you should know.'"

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:02 pm

Ben Jacobs @Bencjacobs
Rather than spend the night in Dublin, Pence will stay at a Trump owned resort on the other side of Ireland and commute for the day on Air Force Two
Alexander Marquardt @MarquardtA

VP Pence arrived in Ireland, he's staying 2 nights at Trump's Doonbeg golf resort, a 3hr drive from Dublin where his meetings are (he'll fly). Due to have dinner tomorrow, @rtenews reports, at a distant cousin's restaurant

https://rte.ie/news/ireland/2
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Hurtzi

Post by Hurtzi » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:35 pm

Every penny helps
The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:29 am

Hey @VP @mike_pence: You took an oath to the Constitution, not to @realDonaldTrump. Funneling taxpayer money to @POTUS by staying at this Trump resort is sooooooo corrupt.

Also, I hope you don't encounter bedbugs. Many people say there are lots of bedbugs at Trump properties.

Ted Lieu added

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:29 am

Jim Acosta @Acosta

WH official says Pence Chief of Staff Marc Short was incorrect when he told reporters that Trump suggested that the VP stay at the Trump Golf Club in Ireland. Overnight VP’s office clarified the decision was made by Pence’s staff. But Short first said Trump made the “suggestion.”
This WH will lie about anything.

tek

Post by tek » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:43 am

d-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's no way back
from there to here

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:53 pm

I've heard this bull before.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:29 am

Mike Pence who :?:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:54 am

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2019 ... ssion=true
In early Spring of this year, an Air National Guard crew made a routine trip from the U.S. to Kuwait to deliver supplies.

What wasn’t routine was where the crew stopped along the way: President Donald Trump’s Turnberry resort, about 50 miles outside Glasgow, Scotland.
This is taking over Sharpie-gate this morning. CNN had one of their retired generals/now CNN contributor just on. He's appalled, this is so outside the norm. Just found this on a Twitter thread somewhere:

https://stv.tv/news/scotland/299644-don ... uccessful/
Billionaire tycoon Donald Trump has pledged to make Prestwick Airport "really successful" as he announced a partnership with the Ayrshire hub.

The Trump Organisation has chosen Prestwick to service the nearby Trump Turnberry resort, in which the businessman plans to invest £250m.

The airport will be the Scottish base for all Trump Aviation Operations, including Mr Trump's private Boeing 757 and Sikorsky 76B helicopter.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:57 pm

Still on iPad, so no links. This was on Rachel’s program last night. Apparently, the airport was losing so much money that the government was going to close it down. Twitler is trying to keep that airport open because of his golf club, which is already losing money. It’s all about the money.

Impeach!

tek

Post by tek » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:13 pm

Prestwick was already pretty much shut down to commercial passenger service back when I was traveling to Ayrshire for work - in the late 1980s.

It would shock me to hear that Trump is trying to use his presidency to get Prestwick back in the game.
(Narrator: it would not shock him at all.)
There's no way back
from there to here

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:35 pm

tek wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:13 pm
Prestwick was already pretty much shut down to commercial passenger service back when I was traveling to Ayrshire for work - in the late 1980s.

It would shock me to hear that Trump is trying to use his presidency to get Prestwick back in the game.
(Narrator: it would not shock him at all.)
Now it all depends if BFF Boris remains in power or gets shunted into the junk yard of politics.

Return to “Trump Administration”