Sarah Sanders (Huckabee)

Kendra

Re: Sarah Sanders (Huckabee)

Post by Kendra » Fri May 11, 2018 7:39 pm

OK, I know we shouldn't talk clothes and all, but WTF was she wearing today? All those black and white stripes reminded me of prison stripes.

Oh wait, perhaps she's trying to tell us something? :swoon:

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Fri May 11, 2018 8:45 pm

I saw the clip and something struck me. I don't have the exact words, but in her deflection about the "dying McCain" question,where she was listing the things Trump is (ahem) doing for "all Americans," she said something like "fixing the judiciary." WTF!

Edit. Her exact words were "fixing our judiciary system." Again, WTF!? That part starts at about 1:00 at this clip

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/11/politics ... index.html

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri May 11, 2018 8:57 pm

SLQ wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:45 pm
I saw the clip and something struck me. I don't have the exact words, but in her deflection about the "dying McCain" question,where she was listing the things Trump is (ahem) doing for "all Americans," she said something like "fixing the judiciary." WTF!

Edit. Her exact words were "fixing our judiciary system." Again, WTF!? That part starts at about 1:00 at this clip

Remind me to watch in the morning. Can't take anymore today.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Fri May 11, 2018 8:58 pm

SLQ wrote:

"Fixing the judiciary" is a signal to the so-called Christians. Young, conservative judges. In all the slots that the Turtle kept Obama from filling. It's why the Evangelicals are still behind Trump.

Seriously, ask an Evangelical Trump supporter - and that's most of them - what Trump's done that's good, and I'll bet you that the first thing out of their mouth is going to be either "Gorsuch" or "judges."

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri May 11, 2018 9:12 pm

Kendra wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 7:39 pm
OK, I know we shouldn't talk clothes and all, but WTF was she wearing today? All those black and white stripes reminded me of prison stripes.

Well, since they want to "drain the swamp," that means not dressing like a professional DCer. Or a professional anything.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri May 11, 2018 10:12 pm

Some commentator on MSNBC compared Sarah Hucabee Sanders with Baghdad Bob today, asking a talking head if Sanders was the Baghdad Bob of the Trump Maladministration. The talking head said yes as to content, but as to motivation Baghdad Bob did what he did to save his life while Sarah Sanders does it for the money and because she wants to.

Ouch.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri May 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:12 pm
Some commentator on MSNBC compared Sarah Hucabee Sanders with Baghdad Bob today, asking a talking head if Sanders was the Baghdad Bob of the Trump Maladministration. The talking head said yes as to content, but as to motivation Baghdad Bob did what he did to save his life while Sarah Sanders does it for the money and because she wants to.

Ouch.
Hey, the truth's the truth.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Fri May 11, 2018 10:30 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:23 pm
Sterngard Friegen wrote:

Ouch.
Hey, the truth's the truth.
And as we all know: The Truth(iness) always hurts

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Mr. Gneiss

Post by Mr. Gneiss » Fri May 11, 2018 10:34 pm

Kendra wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 7:39 pm

When Mrs. Gneiss saw Sarah's outfit today, she blurted out OMG and something about the unflattering horizontal stripes!

chancery

Post by chancery » Fri May 11, 2018 10:53 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:

Ouch.
Sanders as Baghdad Bob isn't a new take, but it's an evergreen, and this is a good variant. Also, ISTR that BB occasionally exhibited some self-aware humor, and Sanders doesn't seem capable of that.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Fri May 11, 2018 11:19 pm

chancery wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:53 pm
:snippity:

Sanders as Baghdad Bob isn't a new take, but it's an evergreen, and this is a good variant. Also, ISTR that BB occasionally exhibited some self-aware humor, and Sanders doesn't seem capable of that.
:wave: Hi, chancery. I've missed seeing your comments on TFB.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sat May 12, 2018 3:41 am

chancery wrote:
Do any Trump people have a discernable sense of humor?

I don't count laughing at other people's misfortunes or insulting enemies.

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Sat May 12, 2018 4:29 am

Didn't Gorsuch already burn the Trump people on a ruling about deportations?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat May 12, 2018 6:55 am

SLQ wrote:

Just before above quote: "Look what he's doing every day - He's showing up to work" :doh: :lol: :doh: :lol: :doh: :lol: :doh: :brickwallsmall:

chancery

Post by chancery » Sat May 12, 2018 10:35 am

NMgirl wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:19 pm
chancery wrote:
:snippity:

:wave: Hi, chancery. I've missed seeing your comments on TFB.
Thank you NMgirl.

:bighug:

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Sat May 12, 2018 12:13 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 6:55 am
SLQ wrote:

Just before above quote: "Look what he's doing every day - He's showing up to work" :doh: :lol: :doh: :lol: :doh: :lol: :doh: :brickwallsmall:
Trump gets a Image
:thumbs:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat May 12, 2018 12:21 pm

https://www.axios.com/white-house-sarah ... gn=organic
At yesterday’s meeting of the White House communications team — in the wake of a leak from the prior meeting of a callous remark about John McCain’s brain cancer — a visibly upset and furious Press Secretary Sarah Sanders told the group: “I am sure this conversation is going to leak, too. And that’s just disgusting,” according to a source in the room.

Sanders' prediction came true. What follows below is a leak from that very intense meeting yesterday, according to five sources in the room. The broad outlines of this meeting were first reported by ABC News.

Why this matters: The White House communications and press team has been beset by leaks. This last one appears to have crossed a line, and several people in the room on Friday told me they now walk into meetings knowing they can’t trust their own colleagues. In big meetings, they feel inclined, now, to keep their mouths shut.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat May 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Kendra wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 12:21 pm
At yesterday’s meeting of the White House communications team — in the wake of a leak from the prior meeting of a callous remark about John McCain’s brain cancer — a visibly upset and furious Press Secretary Sarah Sanders told the group: “I am sure this conversation is going to leak, too. And that’s just disgusting,” according to a source in the room.

Sanders' prediction came true. What follows below is a leak from that very intense meeting yesterday, according to five sources in the room. The broad outlines of this meeting were first reported by ABC News.

Why this matters: The White House communications and press team has been beset by leaks. This last one appears to have crossed a line, and several people in the room on Friday told me they now walk into meetings knowing they can’t trust their own colleagues. In big meetings, they feel inclined, now, to keep their mouths shut.
Five sources for one meeting? That's not a leak. That's a collapse of the whole dike. ;)

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat May 12, 2018 12:39 pm

That many leaks means there is no team.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sat May 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Rather than saying, "that was a callous, insensitive and mean remark," the senior white house staff has instead gone into a defensive mode.

Fuck them.

even their own minions can see just how bad they are.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat May 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 12:56 pm
Rather than saying, "that was a callous, insensitive and mean remark," the senior white house staff has instead gone into a defensive mode.

Fuck them.

even their own minions can see just how bad they are.
:yeah:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat May 12, 2018 1:33 pm

Kendra wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 12:21 pm

a leak with five sources sounds more like a waterfall to me :think:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat May 12, 2018 1:37 pm

Leakers everywhere in the WH, aren't there?

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat May 12, 2018 1:41 pm

Here's a photo of the b/w striped outfit. Still reminds me of prison garb...

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Sat May 12, 2018 1:51 pm

presscorps.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Trump Administration”